E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Suddenly my BMW just feels plain inferior...

06-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #23
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

On the other side of my area....

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
A little side note, I came home one night and as I turned towards where I park and saw a red Audi R8 V10 pulled in backwards with the driver still in it. He ended up sitting there for half an hour until some lady in a VW EOS showed up and got in his car with him. After that they drove off. You know something strange was going on with that.
He is picking up his cleaning lady
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #25
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwyim View Post
He is picking up his cleaning lady
She does quite the cleaning actually
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #26
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
You're delusional for thinking that mate, here in london having an underground/secured parking is an ultra luxury in kensington, knightsbridge the areas im referring to as part of central london.

Look here

Umm, isn't having a Bugatti or Lamborghini an uber luxury? Perhaps garage-type parking is etremely rare in your area, but with all those luxury and exotic cars around, it seems to be the norm. For the RR I created this thread about, the next most expensive car is a new 6-series convertible and from there it starts to go down quickly.

What I truly don't understand about the RR in my complex is that the complex offers secured garage parking!! I'm betting on a second home situation. The RR has NY tags on it, but then again, so do many of the cars in my complex. The complex is a "luxury" complex of lofts and it's definitely one of the nicest complexes in the Philadelphia suburbs, and yet most residents are in common cars like Toyotas and Hondas. So yeah, a RR looks extremely out of place. In fact, the other day I saw people standing in front of it taking pics with their cellphones.

Someone commented that it may just be that the owner's priorities are different (kids, debt, etc.). I used to work for DaimlerChrysler Financial (when it still existed) and SLR leases were in the $15k-$20k/month range...I would imagine a lease on this RR (similarly priced) would be in teh same ballpark. So, you still have to be in an extremely positive financial situation in terms of income, even if your "only" leasing it. And, if you can support that kind of lease payment, sending your kids to private school is probably a drop in the bucket.
      06-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopper View Post
Rolls Royce? Apartment complex?

What?
PRIORITIES..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #28
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
Umm, isn't having a Bugatti or Lamborghini an uber luxury? Perhaps garage-type parking is etremely rare in your area, but with all those luxury and exotic cars around, it seems to be the norm. For the RR I created this thread about, the next most expensive car is a new 6-series convertible and from there it starts to go down quickly.

What I truly don't understand about the RR in my complex is that the complex offers secured garage parking!! I'm betting on a second home situation. The RR has NY tags on it, but then again, so do many of the cars in my complex. The complex is a "luxury" complex of lofts and it's definitely one of the nicest complexes in the Philadelphia suburbs, and yet most residents are in common cars like Toyotas and Hondas. So yeah, a RR looks extremely out of place. In fact, the other day I saw people standing in front of it taking pics with their cellphones.

Someone commented that it may just be that the owner's priorities are different (kids, debt, etc.). I used to work for DaimlerChrysler Financial (when it still existed) and SLR leases were in the $15k-$20k/month range...I would imagine a lease on this RR (similarly priced) would be in teh same ballpark. So, you still have to be in an extremely positive financial situation in terms of income, even if your "only" leasing it. And, if you can support that kind of lease payment, sending your kids to private school is probably a drop in the bucket.
My friend is the head of a Lamborghini dealership and he has a good amount of people who buy older cars (Gallardos) and they put a low down payment with a huge monthly payment.. They only have the car for a couple months. Some people will do anything to have some of these cars . Not sure what the apartment looks like but if the car cost more then where you live its a little ridiculous to me. Just my opinion.

This thread makes me think of this photo..
Attached Images

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I understand your point of view.

However, in knightsbridge most properties don't come with garages or secured parking.

Unless you go for one of these

http://www.harrodsestates.com/proper...ings/KNI090180

http://www.harrodsestates.com/proper...ings/KNI120083

Yes £32,000-£40,000/week

That's why you cheap out a little and park your rolls outside

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #30
hankcah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
There were many supercars parked in front of the local universities where I live. Their parents bought them cars. Well because they were going for their PhD and their parents could afford the toys.

There are so many ways to get money that the person asking the question, isn't smart enough for the answer sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #31
Golden3ye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Someone just moved into my apartment complex. Recognize the type of car? They have a resident parking permit so they must live here. Damn!!
I love that I made your signature lol.

I think the RR owner definitely has a smash pad for his girl on the side at your apartments. You need to snap some pics and black mail him, get that money!

SOLD:
2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
1986 535i | Cirrus Blue Metallic | 5MT
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #32
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
I love that I made your signature lol.

I think the RR owner definitely has a smash pad for his girl on the side at your apartments. You need to snap some pics and black mail him, get that money!
The line made me laugh, and it's definitely something I would say, so I had to steal it!

I'm sticking with that story, too. If nothing else, it sounds like a good story.
      06-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #33
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
I understand your point of view.

However, in knightsbridge most properties don't come with garages or secured parking.

Unless you go for one of these

http://www.harrodsestates.com/proper...ings/KNI090180

http://www.harrodsestates.com/proper...ings/KNI120083

Yes £32,000-£40,000/week

That's why you cheap out a little and park your rolls outside

That's true for Paris as well. Most properties don't come with garages. For a foreigner like me who used to kept his cars in a safe, it was quite a shock to see parked Diablos(the wow car of that era) in streets when i first came to Paris.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #34
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black Saph Metallic X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Seriously...I really don't think car ownership is an indication of wealth...especially in North America.

Its really not that hard to buy a new or used 100 K + car if you don't have to send kids to private school (grades 1-12), private college, don't have a ballin' house with thigh taxes. Or have gotten a divorce/never married, don't have health issues etc. So many variables can cause disposable income, even high income to vanish quickly or not.

Ie. In the amount it costs to send 1 kid to private college in the northeast, from your after tax income - you can buy a FErrari 458 Italia and have money left over for a 535xi.

In the amount it costs to send a kid to private school grades 1-12), you can buy a Ferrari 458 Italia.

Its all about priorities. And thats just one kid.

Having an expensive MSRP vehicle does not mean $$...it usually means the person has access to borrowing capacity, which isn't exactly hard these days. A Rolls probably does increase the likelihood that the person has some money, but in an apartment complex -- unless its a lavish condo unit (IE. 1 million + for a place) -- come on! But the style of residence has nothing to do with it - you can't just associate wealth with outward material purchases like a car, not these days. Not even a Rolls.

A car like that should be in one of the more upscale areas of Philly (Bryn Mawr or whatever it is, Chestnut Hill, places like that). But each person can do what they want -- at least until their debt is called in.

Its all personal - I honestly think that your kids be in a private school, you should be living in a decent area before you start looking at net consumption goods like 60K+ cars/vacay/clothing...but few obviously feel this way.

That is all.
I feel ya!! I have 2 of my 4 in private school in Northern VA...the other 2 will join when they are of age. $120,000/year in tuition alone...So happy I can give my children this. Still, it's a huge commitment. Considering where I cam from...I pat myself on the back once in a while ;-)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #35
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
That's true for Paris as well. Most properties don't come with garages. For a foreigner like me who used to kept his cars in a safe, it was quite a shock to see parked Diablos(the wow car of that era) in streets when i first came to Paris.
Cool, you lived in Central Paris are you still based there?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #36
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
I'm not sure if I would love or hate to parallel park a Lambo.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #37
Shaz
General of the Armies
Canada
Rep
Drives: Souped up 94 civic with Vtec

Garage List
Picture credit goes to Shmee150 who took this picture last year in June, this is not cause of the neighborhood. Dorchester Hotel is around the corner and they park all there guests cars in that street, some are even there limo cars.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
bmw-nj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335 xdrive M sport

I thought I heard rolls Royce does not offer leases/financing. All cash buyers. Guess second hand cars are different.

It said this on the making of a BMW show on tv.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #39
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

I saw that car in West Chester recently when i was out eating. If that car is in an apartment complex then we all know what he is doing there.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #40
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

It's simple: they are just at the apartment visiting their girlfriends and houchie mammas
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #41
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
Picture credit goes to Shmee150 who took this picture last year in June, this is not cause of the neighborhood. Dorchester Hotel is around the corner and they park all there guests cars in that street, some are even there limo cars.
I never took credit for the picture

You speak as if you live in Central London? Do you even know which neighborhood this is from other then the hotel name?

I've stayed in that hotel plenty of times and know where they park there vehicles!
I always use there valet parking in front and they also have an underground lot on the backside of the hotel and in there new building across as seen from my pictures below.

I feel your post does not contribute any value to the thread!
Attached Images

Last edited by M3 vert; 06-19-2012 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #42
Keik E92 M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.00]
2011 BMW 335i  [6.80]
wow that is a beautiful picture!

London awww drroooollll...