E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Has anyone ordered raceland dp's lately?

09-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #45
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
You'd be even more pissed if you took apart your car for half the day and couldnt install the DP's cause they dont fit.

How come nobody mentions the PLM? They are almost 3 inch. Keyword almost.
Yeah well, that didn't happen to me. I spent about 5 hours putting them in for the very first time, had to go out my way and get new bolts and gaskets and voila! No issues with fitment, rattling, or anything out of the ordinary.

If somehow they didn't fit, I would've put back my stock downpipes and contact Raceland for another set or a full refund. No biggie for me either case.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #46
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Yeah well, that didn't happen to me. I spent about 5 hours putting them in for the very first time, had to go out my way and get new bolts and gaskets and voila! No issues with fitment, rattling, or anything out of the ordinary.

If somehow they didn't fit, I would've put back my stock downpipes and contact Raceland for another set or a full refund. No biggie for me either case.
Its the luck of the draw

If AR could have his DP made overseas he could charge a lot less, but then again quality control would go out the window.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #47
BlueLion
she likes the flavor......
United_States
Rep
Drives: A51-E92

Garage List
2022 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcapelo View Post
Only pics I snapped with my camera phone..

The fit looks good.

E92 Montego Blue silfa718 ..::STETT CAI|ADVAN RS|WAGNER FMIC|MS DP|VANGUARD|PROCEDE|FORGE DV|BMS OCC|KWV2|MICHELIN PSS|OOS::..

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 01:40 AM   #48
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
you guys are TOTALLY missing the point. THEY DO FIT. only SOME dont.
.."ONLY SOME"..buying DPs shouldnt be like picking fruit at the market, guy.

Last edited by tibra1; 09-14-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #49
my nuts on your face
Banned
Rep
Drives: bigger than yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
.."ONLY SOME"..buying DPs should be like picking fruit at the market, guy.
you mean to tell me that you've never picked up a pear from the market and got home and the thing wasn't nearly as juicy as you hoped!?!?! Your analogy is shite.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #50
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Yaaaawn//
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #51
my nuts on your face
Banned
Rep
Drives: bigger than yours

that's funny, that's how ALL of us with Rl pipes feel about your senseless bashing of them. you=lame dude.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #52
aj555
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW xDrive35i

Garage List
I started another thread on Raceland downpipes the other day. For some reason when I searched all over the forums I didnt find this thread until I stumbled upon it through someone elses page.

Yeah, there are going to be a lot of people that will hate and talk trash. Like Hemi to e90 was talking trash to me on my thread for no reason about it, and just made himself look like an idiot. I've only owned my BMW 4 months and have already bought new wheels, jb4, afe dci, afe throttle body spacer, and some other stuff. So pretty much I'm low on cash now. Some of us dont make as much money as the rest of you, so we cant afford really expensive pipes. That would be like me having my car loaded with Dinan stuff, then talking trash to you guys for not spending as much as me. It just makes you look like assholes. Believe me, if I didnt have bills and had the money I would buy ARs over Raceland. But I live in the real world.

I emailed Raceland, and the response I got was that they admitted they had a lot of problems with fitment before. They came under new management this year, and revised all the pipes. Any Raceland pipe bought directly from Raceland in 2011 should be the revised edition, and that they have not received a single complaint this year about fitment with the new pipes. This came from their representative Cody Graham.

(Wife's Daily Driver) 2000 BMW 328ci E46 - less than 90k miles

(Gone) 2007 BMW 335i E90
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #53
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj555 View Post
I started another thread on Raceland downpipes the other day. For some reason when I searched all over the forums I didnt find this thread until I stumbled upon it through someone elses page.

Yeah, there are going to be a lot of people that will hate and talk trash. Like Hemi to e90 was talking trash to me on my thread for no reason about it, and just made himself look like an idiot. I've only owned my BMW 4 months and have already bought new wheels, jb4, afe dci, afe throttle body spacer, and some other stuff. So pretty much I'm low on cash now. Some of us dont make as much money as the rest of you, so we cant afford really expensive pipes. That would be like me having my car loaded with Dinan stuff, then talking trash to you guys for not spending as much as me. It just makes you look like assholes. Believe me, if I didnt have bills and had the money I would buy ARs over Raceland. But I live in the real world.

I emailed Raceland, and the response I got was that they admitted they had a lot of problems with fitment before. They came under new management this year, and revised all the pipes. Any Raceland pipe bought directly from Raceland in 2011 should be the revised edition, and that they have not received a single complaint this year about fitment with the new pipes. This came from their representative Cody Graham.
Stop whining like a lil girl..grow a thicker skin or GTFO the forums
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #54
aj555
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Stop whining like a lil girl..grow a thicker skin or GTFO the forums
ok, douche

(Wife's Daily Driver) 2000 BMW 328ci E46 - less than 90k miles

(Gone) 2007 BMW 335i E90
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #55
Krazy3281
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Montego/Saddle

I had the same clouded view as you when I started modding my 3. Save money=similar performance. But I'll tell that's just not true.

There is a reason that certain mods cost more than others and it's very true with the the RL downpipes. I ordered a set and waited about 4 hours for a shop to show me they wouldn't fit. Then I re-ordered a set,and once again one managed to fit in but the other didn't, instead if closing the gap and ordering a third set I bit the cost and ordered AA dps and then ran AR pipes. Both were great

It's not about "because Its a BMW" it's about a car that is built with high quality parts. And if you're going to replace them you should with something that is of at least equal quality, if not better.

What you're failing to realize is that just because you think race land pipes are the same doesn't mean they are. You posted asking a question and people responded with the knowledge they know and have seen.

The problem is that you are so clouded by your own personal desire to put the cheapest part possible that you aren't seeing that these people are just offering advice that likely will save you a ton of headache.

I don't put cheap parts in my car anymore... is the fact that 90% of people are unhappy not enough? An overwhelming majority advise against the race land pipes, if you dont have enough common sense to realize what that means...just buy the pipes and stop bothering people.

At the end of the day I had paid 50k for my car. I somt know what I was thinking trying to save a couple hundred bucks.

I learned my lesson...so will you.
Quote:

now, other then bashing it on quality/fitment issue. you guys disregard the fact that a <$200 gets the same hp gains as 500-600-700 dp's. Your ego of being the best and spending money does not hinder the fact that these pipes are just as good as UR or AR dp(if they fit).

what sensor can be damaged? its a simple bolt on. getting there is hard, but once there. just unscrew bolts and replace.

same hp/tq gain, less money, with a money back guarantee.

if you guys dont know, your buying a piece of piping, welded or bent to fit your car(pipe cost them <50 bucks). if RL, put in a couple more hours to redesign and make new batches that fit, and lets say bumped the price up to 300, its still not good enough for you.

its people like you who bash on other products without any solid backing to you argument. That makes others think oh no RL must be bad. When infact, your ignorant comments makes them think its bad. Its totally up to them if they think its worth it or good.

Show me how your $700 DP are superior. Im not saying its not smart to buy quality products but its Downpipes. Find piping that will fit, in a 3" diameter and they will pretty much do the same thing. 3" will make more power then 2.5(rl dp)"

there have been more fitting then non-fitting RL DP.

/rant

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #56
Krazy3281
Private First Class
Rep

I think people here are more annoyed with the fact that some people are trying to say that we overpayec for AR pipes, and you guys are smarter to buy rland pipes. Which is just not true.

No ones bashing anyone for not having money. But people are going to get annoyed when others say race land pipes are the same and we are stupid to buy AR pipes.

Quote:

Last edited by Krazy3281; 09-18-2011 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #57
mattyjman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Silver

Quote:
so, which was that? they do or don't? your logic is spotty at best, especially when you have to rationalize with a statement that could swing both ways.

very funny
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #58
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: Seats and a Steering Wheel

Quote:

You talk like downpipes are so expensive yet you bought a BMW?

Coulda bought a Kia and saved yourself a few quid chap.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #59
e30rus
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. but im not going to use that crap to tell the time with!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #60
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy3281 View Post
I had the same clouded view as you when I started modding my 3. Save money=similar performance. But I'll tell that's just not true.

There is a reason that certain mods cost more than others and it's very true with the the RL downpipes. I ordered a set and waited about 4 hours for a shop to show me they wouldn't fit. Then I re-ordered a set,and once again one managed to fit in but the other didn't, instead if closing the gap and ordering a third set I bit the cost and ordered AA dps and then ran AR pipes. Both were great

It's not about "because Its a BMW" it's about a car that is built with high quality parts. And if you're going to replace them you should with something that is of at least equal quality, if not better.

What you're failing to realize is that just because you think race land pipes are the same doesn't mean they are. You posted asking a question and people responded with the knowledge they know and have seen.

The problem is that you are so clouded by your own personal desire to put the cheapest part possible that you aren't seeing that these people are just offering advice that likely will save you a ton of headache.

I don't put cheap parts in my car anymore... is the fact that 90% of people are unhappy not enough? An overwhelming majority advise against the race land pipes, if you dont have enough common sense to realize what that means...just buy the pipes and stop bothering people.

At the end of the day I had paid 50k for my car. I somt know what I was thinking trying to save a couple hundred bucks.

I learned my lesson...so will you.
You my friend have a sensability about you seldom seen on this forum..very insightful post...

I would just add that you can purchase better quality DPs used from $400-500 so if cost is a concern buy second hand...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #61
Captain Shark
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy3281 View Post
I think people here are more annoyed with the fact that some people are trying to say that we overpayec for AR pipes, and you guys are smarter to buy rland pipes. Which is just not true.

No ones bashing anyone for not having money. But people are going to get annoyed when others say race land pipes are the same and we are stupid to buy AR pipes.
I dont think that's the point he was making. After all he did say if he had the money, he would take ARs over Raceland. Actually, people were bashing him for not having money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBimmerN54 View Post
You talk like downpipes are so expensive yet you bought a BMW?

Coulda bought a Kia and saved yourself a few quid chap.
He is also driving a 4 year old car, thats he's already dumped several grand extra into within a couple months. So maybe spending $200-$400 extra just for pipes is expensive for him at this current time. You don't know his current financial situation. No reason to insult him over something so small.

I've been on a few other forums, and have viewed this one for a while. I've seen posts on these pipes before. Ok, lets say the fitment issue is resolved as raceland have stated. Whats the difference on value simply based on material used and weld job between the $200 pipes, and $600 pipes? It's probably around maybe $100 if that. I have yet to see someone throw on the $200 set dyno their car, then immediately throw on a $600 set and dyno. If someone has results like this, then please share. But in reality, the $300 price difference is nothing for someone tracking the car for the extra hp that the more expensive set gives. But is $300 extra for a set of downpipes really worth it to someone who just goes to car meets, and occasionally street races for that little bit extra hp? Especially if they dont have tons of money to throw around. Probably not, so it's not worth arguing over and insulting each other over.

Judging by what I've seen, I'm sure someone will bash me for this post. I really dont care, it just means you really have nothing better to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #62
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shark View Post
I have yet to see someone throw on the $200 set dyno their car, then immediately throw on a $600 set and dyno. If someone has results like this, then please share.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316974
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #63
Krazy3281
Private First Class
Rep

Let me rephrase here: Most people aren't bashing on people for not having money.

Many people such as myself, are more annoyed by people claiming that RL Dp's are just as good as any other pipe, and that anyone who pays the money to AR is stupid.

I wasn't directing that comment^^ at just him, but rather at everyone on here who has problems with peoples preference or opinion on more expensive DP's
He may have accepted he would prefer AR's but alot of others have been running around saying that AR is "overpriced" people are "idiots" to purchase them...that's why I'm annoyed.

Regardless, AR pipes are awesome, they fit good, they last and I'm glad to have owned them.

Quote:
I dont think that's the point he was making. After all he did say if he had the money, he would take ARs over Raceland. Actually, people were bashing him for not having money.

He is also driving a 4 year old car, thats he's already dumped several grand extra into within a couple months. So maybe spending $200-$400 extra just for pipes is expensive for him at this current time. You don't know his current financial situation. No reason to insult him over something so small.

I've been on a few other forums, and have viewed this one for a while. I've seen posts on these pipes before. Ok, lets say the fitment issue is resolved as raceland have stated. Whats the difference on value simply based on material used and weld job between the $200 pipes, and $600 pipes? It's probably around maybe $100 if that. I have yet to see someone throw on the $200 set dyno their car, then immediately throw on a $600 set and dyno. If someone has results like this, then please share. But in reality, the $300 price difference is nothing for someone tracking the car for the extra hp that the more expensive set gives. But is $300 extra for a set of downpipes really worth it to someone who just goes to car meets, and occasionally street races for that little bit extra hp? Especially if they dont have tons of money to throw around. Probably not, so it's not worth arguing over and insulting each other over.

Judging by what I've seen, I'm sure someone will bash me for this post. I really dont care, it just means you really have nothing better to do.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #64
Krazy3281
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you sir, and good point with used DP's. On a side note saw the suspension set up you've been working on...looks awesome!

Quote:
You my friend have a sensability about you seldom seen on this forum..very insightful post...

I would just add that you can purchase better quality DPs used from $400-500 so if cost is a concern buy second hand...

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #65
Captain Shark
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Quote:
There not Raceland, but close enough. So 15 whp....
So in the end it depends what you are using your car for, and the sound you want that will make the difference whether the extra $300+ is worth it. So none of you can say someone is dumb for buying the cheaper ones, or that someone is getting ripped off by buying the more expensive ones. It all comes down to whether the $$$ is worth the power for what you are using your car for.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #66
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
There not Raceland, but close enough. So 15 whp....
So in the end it depends what you are using your car for, and the sound you want that will make the difference whether the extra $300+ is worth it. So none of you can say someone is dumb for buying the cheaper ones, or that someone is getting ripped off by buying the more expensive ones. It all comes down to whether the $$$ is worth the power for what you are using your car for.
Right..those are URs which are even better made and seem to be wider than RL..RLs look to have a smaller ID than 2.5, never mind the inferior quality and fitment..so to answer your question to me..YES..$300 is worth it for pipes that are better made, better quality, fit and make more power..if people dont think $300 is worth that then maybe they should re-evaluate their tuning goals.

People spend hundreds on an intake for example to make similar power gains..and with quality DPs u r not only getting better HP gains but peace of mind w/ fitment and quality..

For folks like me who live in cold climates where salt corrision is an issue..how well are the RLs gonna hold up..the stock DPs are pretty much corrision proof..so to replace with ones that arent makes no sense to me.

Also I should add that its not only ARs that are a quality 3inch DP..there is Macht Schnell and Active Autowerks which are on par w the ARs

Last edited by tibra1; 09-19-2011 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0