E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Everytime i WASH

05-31-2007, 11:33 PM   #23
jinkazama0619
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Silver Surfer

Take the bras off men and let it hang out
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #24
sapperelite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI, 03 Wrangler Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama0619 View Post
I just finish washing it then used the new ICE by Turtle wax its so shinny and smells so good....then it rains but the water runs right off the car
I was just going to buy some of the ICE for my Jeep. I'm glad you like it because it is a little cheaper than the stuff I use for the BMW. I guess I'll give it a try and try to save a few bucks
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #25
m33porsche
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer948 View Post
Okay, see these photos I just sent for my claim

And if the installer/3M doesnt make it right, then I will post a lot more than here so that others buyers are aware of the issues.

Photos 1, 4, and 5 show what the industry calls silvering. This is usually caused by over streching the product.

Photo 2 is a big air bubble that never wend down.

Photo 3 is an example of what dirt looks like trapped under the clear bra.
Don't know if you've tried it but might be worth..

1. using a needle to pierce the film to remove air bubble
2. using a teaspoon to press down on the surface and rock backwards and forward applying medium pressure to the bubble

Also worth bearing in mind that as the film dries over c14 days it stretches and may reduce the bubbles.

Good luck

m33porsche
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #26
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama0619 View Post
Everytime i wash my car which is once a week, i find a new paint chip or small scratch and it kills me. i wish there was better or stronger paint out there thats damage proof(a fools hope) but i guess i just have to live with the fact that nothing stays perfect forever and the more you want perfection the more unhappy you'll be... But i wont stop washing it tho

Mercedes clearcoart w/"nano-technology" is hard as hell.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
panzer948
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (April 2015 ED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33porsche View Post
Don't know if you've tried it but might be worth..

1. using a needle to pierce the film to remove air bubble
2. using a teaspoon to press down on the surface and rock backwards and forward applying medium pressure to the bubble

Also worth bearing in mind that as the film dries over c14 days it stretches and may reduce the bubbles.

Good luck

m33porsche
I've already given it 30 days to dry. I have seen no improvements. Besides, I took it to another installer for a 3rd party opinion and he said most of the white marks on the hood was referred to as silvering by the industry and it will not get any better. Its from overstreching or maybe fingerprints. The only reason for having silvering is from an inexperienced installer. Obviously, the dirt trapped under the hood will not get any better either (also from inexperience). As far as my big bubble, that slowly went down to its current size about a week after the install. Hasn't changed since. The 3rd party installer said the only way to fix a bubble that size is to replace the entire piece (do over). If you were to pierce it, the bra wont lay down.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #28
prolix21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
the hood on my car looks like its been through a war. i think the roads around here are just really full of debris. unfortunately for me, i bought a black car.

i'm just sort of ignoring them for now, although i was down checking my car out earlier and the hood looks even worse than it did a few days ago. i think at some point i'll have to have someone look at it and get it repaired. a guy i work with has a brother in law who does paint restoration, and can apparently work some miracles on chips. says he has severe OCD and travels around to dealers fixing all the cars on their lots, does a lot of work for MB dealers. i'm sure it will cost me a fortune, but its worth it every couple years i guess
Appreciate 0