E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Sat Nav location is wrong

02-23-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
totalpain
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: e92 325 coupe

Sat Nav location is wrong

Hi guys I'm having some problems with my satnav, its the older ccc unit, the problem I'm having is the satnav doesn't seem to know where I am, and the arrow has a circle around it as well that normally isn't there. It stopped working a few weeks ago and then on Sunday and Monday it was working fine but it's stopped again now.
When I'm driving it seems to know I'm moving but it doesn't seem to recognize what direction.

Hopefully you guys can help.
Thanks Nick .
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
marcm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 LCI

I have had the same happen over the last week. I noticed it last Saturday, Sunday it worked again and yesterday had me at a completely wrong location. I have CiC on a 2010 E93. I think it has something to do with the GPS antenna, which for me is behind the internal light cluster.

I think the antenna is on the way out, its an active antenna which means there is an amplifier in there. I think its on the way out and needs to be replaced with a new one.
Having issues finding one though.

Yours will be under the shark fin on the roof, a bit more difficult to get to.

Have you tried the hidden menu to check the status and how many satellites the car can see ?

On CiC its on the menu page slide controller up and hold for 10-12 seconds, then rotate 3 clicks right, 3 clicks left, 1 click right, 1 click left, 1 click right then push in to select and new item is added to System menu.

If you search hidden menu for CCC I'm sure the details are on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
totalpain
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: e92 325 coupe

Thanks very much I'll have a look for the hidden menu and check the satellites
Appreciate 0