E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E91 glass hatch locked failed and how to get it open!

07-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

E91 glass hatch locked failed and how to get it open!

As a follow up to an earlier post about this, my glass hatch was locked and would not unlock on the button under the rear wiper, also the o/s hinge spring had failed and had to be physically lifted when it was unlocked.

The inner plastic surround cannot be completely removed due to the glass hatch being locked, with the hatch open remove the plastic surround at the bottom of the hatch so it can be hinged up a little to gain access to the c/locking modual, remove the foam sound deadening pad, look at the c/locking modual for the wiring connector plugged into the side it has 4 wires, to activate the lock for the hatch you need a 12v supply to 4th pin and earth the 3rd pin, I used another battery and push some sewing pins through the wires and just by earthing and just touched the pins it unlocked straight away, went ahead and changed the hinge which took about an 1 hour due to making adjustment to the glass and hatch and getting it right, all I need to do now is find out whats wrong with the button under the wiper, will post some pics of the modual and pins tomorrow.

Some more info, the pic shows the c/l module and apart from using the 12v and earth method the glass hatch can be opened by inserting a small thin instrument into the small hole by the small red dot (photoshop) and by sliding it up the glass hatch will open.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/parsonsnose/media/03f3582e-046e-4b1e-a9e1-fe9c589cab03_zps32cf0201.jpg.html][/

Last edited by oldbilly; 07-23-2013 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: pics
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
Wow, all that in 2 sentences!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
Kassim786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d (E93) M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
Wow, all that in 2 sentences!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 05:19 AM   #4
rude_shot
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 LCI

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilly View Post
As a follow up to an earlier post about this, my glass hatch was locked and would not unlock on the button under the rear wiper, also the o/s hinge spring had failed and had to be physically lifted when it was unlocked.

The inner plastic surround cannot be completely removed due to the glass hatch being locked, with the hatch open remove the plastic surround at the bottom of the hatch so it can be hinged up a little to gain access to the c/locking modual, remove the foam sound deadening pad, look at the c/locking modual for the wiring connector plugged into the side it has 4 wires, to activate the lock for the hatch you need a 12v supply to 4th pin and earth the 3rd pin, I used another battery and push some sewing pins through the wires and just by earthing and just touched the pins it unlocked straight away, went ahead and changed the hinge which took about an 1 hour due to making adjustment to the glass and hatch and getting it right, all I need to do now is find out whats wrong with the button under the wiper, will post some pics of the modual and pins tomorrow.

Some more info, the pic shows the c/l module and apart from using the 12v and earth method the glass hatch can be opened by inserting a small thin instrument into the small hole by the small red dot (photoshop) and by sliding it up the glass hatch will open.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/parsonsnose/media/03f3582e-046e-4b1e-a9e1-fe9c589cab03_zps32cf0201.jpg.html][/

Cant see the pics mate, please can you send them again in msg or i can give you my email add,glass hatch has been shut for a while now ,and back viper when on make noise since the glass has shut, please if you can provide more pics how to open the glass hatch that will be really helpful thanks, da_rudest@msn.com
Appreciate 0