Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > winter tire/wheels from Tirerack

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
srbarnes4ever
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i E90 Sport

winter tire/wheels from Tirerack

2 things folks:

I have an 07 335i Sport with a production date of 10/06. Do I have rubber or metal valve stems. I have TPMS but via search it wasn't clear to me.

With a square 17' rim setup, will I need spacers or anything to clean up the look/stance?

Gary, I'm ready to place an order once these questions are resolved!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

For 2007, most USA made cars have metal stems. For a few oddball ones and Canadian cars this car can come with either metal valve stems or rubber valve stems as original equipment. If you have metal valve stems, you have TPMS sensors, if you have rubber valve stems, you TPMS is ABS based. If you're sure you have actual TPMS sensors (and have metal stems on the car now), then select the model with metal stems so that you can add the sensors to the order. 99% of the 2007 models I've come across over the years have metal stems and TPMS sensors if the car was purchased in the USA.

17" winter setups generally will not be pushed out flush to the fenders. We do not sell spacers, but I don't suggest having flush fitments for winter as you typically do not want the tires to sit this far out to fling salt/slush/ice chunks etc onto the car.

Winter http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...nter/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
srbarnes4ever
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i E90 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@TireRack View Post
For 2007, most USA made cars have metal stems. For a few oddball ones and Canadian cars this car can come with either metal valve stems or rubber valve stems as original equipment. If you have metal valve stems, you have TPMS sensors, if you have rubber valve stems, you TPMS is ABS based. If you're sure you have actual TPMS sensors (and have metal stems on the car now), then select the model with metal stems so that you can add the sensors to the order. 99% of the 2007 models I've come across over the years have metal stems and TPMS sensors if the car was purchased in the USA.

17" winter setups generally will not be pushed out flush to the fenders. We do not sell spacers, but I don't suggest having flush fitments for winter as you typically do not want the tires to sit this far out to fling salt/slush/ice chunks etc onto the car.

Winter http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...nter/index.jsp
Thanks Gary,

I did more Google searching and it looks like pre March 2007 E90s do NOT have TPMS, they have FTM (flat tire monitoring) using ABS sensors so I now know what I want to order. What is the best way to make the order and ensure I get BMW caps on the wheels plus the forum gets credit for the order?

thx
Stevie
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbarnes4ever View Post
Thanks Gary,

I did more Google searching and it looks like pre March 2007 E90s do NOT have TPMS, they have FTM (flat tire monitoring) using ABS sensors so I now know what I want to order. What is the best way to make the order and ensure I get BMW caps on the wheels plus the forum gets credit for the order?

thx
Stevie
I think you'll have to order center caps from some other place. What I would suggest is to look for center caps on eBay. Just search BMW 68mm center caps. Most seem to be from China but you can check the seller's feedback to see how quickly they ship and the quality. Additionally, you can narrow your search down to show seller's from North America.
Appreciate 0