E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Travelling from Calgary to Toronto? (through the USA)

08-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Question Travelling from Calgary to Toronto? (through the USA)

Hi guys,

Was just wondering what the perfect route is to travel from Calgary to Toronto via the States? I would like to get there in about 5 days (6 pushing it)

Obviously I would like to see some nice scenery along the way and would like to travel along completed roads as I will be using a SatNav also (so new roads wouldnt be on there yet)

If you guys could tell me some nice hotels to stay in along the way that would be greatly appreciated aswell

I will be posting pictures of my journey along the way for you guys to check out aswell.

Thanks guys!

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Anyone..?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
hubble bubble
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I've driven it in the other direction, from Toronto to Calgary. Not much too see between Calgary/GreatFalls/Denver and the Great Lakes. Eastern Montana, N and S Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Saskatchewan....it all looks the same for the first 1,000 km. Boring.

If you follow the border, the biggest city between Calgary and Detroit will be Fargo (look out for wood chippers). I'd recommend driving through Canada, at least there are cities of 20,000 people or more every 4-6 hours. Or go just across the US border, turn left and head directly for Lake Superior, then following the great lakes down to Toronto. The north shore of Lake Superior is gorgeous, hilly, 2 lane roads, as is most of the drive from Thunder Bay almost all the way to Toronto.

If the wife is coming, pick a few pits stops along the way - Great Falls, Mall of the Americas in Minneapolis, Lambeau Field, etc and tell the sat system to avoid freeways.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Rome
:))))))
Germany
Rep
Drives: reckless

Call me when you get to Toronto!
Appreciate 0