E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > FS: Full Reformat Service (Laptops Only)

08-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Smile FS: Full Reformat Service (Laptops Only)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
luckily i don't have to look for an outside job anymore. i convinced my parent's that i make more then enough money on ebay alone then from me having to get a 2nd job for now.

anyhow i am offering a laptop full reformat service to you members. this reformat would be a complete fresh new install of windows, necessary programs, and some bonuses from me free like office 2003, nero 7 ultra, pshop if wanted and many others. the computer will faster and better then the first day you opened from box.

if you are interested shoot me a pm. i just need you to send me your laptop, battery cable, and most important your reformat cd. if you don't have one, and need a new one, off the top of my head, windows pro xp sp2 is $150.

i recommend you get f-secure antivirus as well for $60.

i am charging $120 for the reformat service and i will just need one day with the pc 2 days max if i many more on this forum. your pc will have all the windows updates and will be 100% up to date when i finish.

finally, all shipping charges are paid by the buyer.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
So we send you the laptop and pay you $120 and the return shipping???
      08-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Sam Da Man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SPACE GRAY '07 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
luckily i don't have to look for an outside job anymore. i convinced my parent's that i make more then enough money on ebay alone then from me having to get a 2nd job for now.

anyhow i am offering a laptop full reformat service to you members. this reformat would be a complete fresh new install of windows, necessary programs, and some bonuses from me free like office 2003, nero 7 ultra, pshop if wanted and many others. the computer will faster and better then the first day you opened from box.

if you are interested shoot me a pm. i just need you to send me your laptop, battery cable, and most important your reformat cd. if you don't have one, and need a new one, off the top of my head, windows pro xp sp2 is $150.

i recommend you get f-secure antivirus as well for $60.

i am charging $120 for the reformat service and i will just need one day with the pc 2 days max if i many more on this forum. your pc will have all the windows updates and will be 100% up to date when i finish.

finally, all shipping charges are paid by the buyer.

Hmm 120? sounds just like a rip off life geeksquads 129 dollar fee....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Da Man View Post
Hmm 120? sounds just like a rip off life geeksquads 129 dollar fee....
geeksquad blow dick. all they do for you is just give you a quick scan. all these companies want to do is get paid high for the little service possible as defrag, virus scan, minor clean up and done. nobody actually reformats your entire pc to brand new, installs all your necessary components, gives you full updates, disables all unneeded startups.

words can't even describe what my type of "reformat" service is. just give me a try. i promise you, you won't be disappointed. and you get free software office 2003, nero 7, pshop if you need, whatever else you need if i got or can get its free.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
So we send you the laptop and pay you $120 and the return shipping???
actually ill do it for $110. paypal only so the paypal fees i will still have $105 left after fees etc. yes, you pay for shipping costs. to me and back. shipping with usps priority mail here and back with delivery confirmation on both will not cost you more then $30 max. but you will not regret sending your laptop to me. trust me on that one.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

shouldn't you target your local customer base first?

i mean, i'd be pretty dumb to just send a complete stranger my laptop...?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
shouldn't you target your local customer base first?

i mean, i'd be pretty dumb to just send a complete stranger my laptop...?
+1

You may want to even give the first several customers free service or a better deal. Word of mouth is worth it...

I do agree with you on the Geek Squad thing. I used to be on the Fire Dog team at Circuit City several years back...way before we got the official name. Half of the jobs if not more were so half assed.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

how much will you charge me to paint my house?

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
EDIT: i thought this is a need help thread. sorry for shittin
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #10
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
+1

You may want to even give the first several customers free service or a better deal. Word of mouth is worth it...

I do agree with you on the Geek Squad thing. I used to be on the Fire Dog team at Circuit City several years back...way before we got the official name. Half of the jobs if not more were so half assed.
Sending laptops to free trials is like sending your kids to war man
      08-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #11
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

hey i just thought it would be an extra way to give back to members here a service i am good at. i got nothing else im doing over summer but ebay and getting ready for college which is pretty well set.

i will do the first the first two laptops for $50 each or one for free. after you get your laptop back just give write a reply on this post of your thoughts, etc.

if you really want your laptop better then the first day out of box i am here. if you are serious, please shoot me a pm so we can trade info and discuss what you want.

Quick Summary:

Contents Needed From Buyer:
1. Laptop
2. Battery Cable
3. Reformat CD
-If you don't have one you must pay an extra $150 for a Windows XP Professional SP2 CD. This CD of course will be shipped back to you with your laptop.
*Note: I highly don't recommend using Vista on a laptop at this time from their major bugs to their high needs in PC stats. But that is up to the buyer as well and if that is what you want that is what i will install. Just check price on newegg.com

Service:
1. Buyer pays and ships me their laptop in a USPS flat rate priority mail box with delivery confirmation. ($10-15 max)
2. Give me 1-2 days max to finish and i will same method using the flat rate box with the same shipping contents as original and it being flat rate is $10-15 max also with delivery confirmation.
3. Give 2-3 days for delivery and business is done. Any problems/questions just let me know.
-Feel free to contact anytime

Software:
1. I will install office 2003 and nero 7 ultra (If you have a burner).
2. Need other software like pshop? just let me know.

Protection:
1. I highly recommend buyers paying the extra $60 to get f-secure installed on their computer while it is reformatted. people say they are not needed but trust me if anything happens to your laptop you will regret not spending the extra $60 and being left with a big headache. $60 is for a 1 year subscription. The key and registration will also be mailed to the buyer after completion.

Questions Buyer Needs To Answer Upon Service:1.
1. Do you want AIM or any other messenger/program installed?
2. Do you have the reformat CD? If not what is your solution?
3. What is your brand and model laptop, processor brand and speed, amount of ram, video card, and hard drive size?

Finished Product:
1. Reformated and custom tuned performing better then first day out of box.
2. Everything updated from drivers to windows updates.

Important:
1. Be sure to save everything you need as it will not be there after.

Last edited by hl0m4n; 08-09-2007 at 01:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #12
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

i forgot to add. i also install win-rar and a bunch of necessary codecs so you will be all good to go.

me and reformating is no joke lol. im a pc nerd at heart with a big ambition for cars
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
hey i just thought it would be an extra way to give back to members here a service i am good at. i got nothing else im doing over summer but ebay and getting ready for college which is pretty well set.

i will do the first the first two laptops for $50 each or one for free. after you get your laptop back just give write a reply on this post of your thoughts, etc.

if you really want your laptop better then the first day out of box i am here. if you are serious, please shoot me a pm so we can trade info and discuss what you want.

Quick Summary:

Contents Needed From Buyer:
1. Laptop
2. Battery Cable
3. Reformat CD
-If you don't have one you must pay an extra $150 for a Windows XP Professional SP2 CD. This CD of course will be shipped back to you with your laptop.
*Note: I highly don't recommend using Vista on a laptop at this time from their major bugs to their high needs in PC stats. But that is up to the buyer as well and if that is what you want that is what i will install. Just check price on newegg.com

Service:
1. Buyer pays and ships me their laptop in a USPS flat rate priority mail box with delivery confirmation. ($10-15 max)
2. Give me 1-2 days max to finish and i will same method using the flat rate box with the same shipping contents as original and it being flat rate is $10-15 max also with delivery confirmation.
3. Give 2-3 days for delivery and business is done. Any problems/questions just let me know.
-Feel free to contact anytime

Software:
1. I will install office 2003 and nero 7 ultra (If you have a burner).
2. Need other software like pshop? just let me know.

Protection:
1. I highly recommend buyers paying the extra $60 to get f-secure installed on their computer while it is reformatted. people say they are not needed but trust me if anything happens to your laptop you will regret not spending the extra $60 and being left with a big headache. $60 is for a 1 year subscription. The key and registration will also be mailed to the buyer after completion.

Questions Buyer Needs To Answer Upon Service:1.
1. Do you want AIM or any other messenger/program installed?
2. Do you have the reformat CD? If not what is your solution?
3. What is your brand and model laptop, processor brand and speed, amount of ram, video card, and hard drive size?

Finished Product:
1. Reformated and custom tuned performing better then first day out of box.
2. Everything updated from drivers to windows updates.
Just some friendly advice about anti-virus. AVG is free and does as good if not better job than F-Secure.

Also, how do you come by Office/Photshop/etc. I hope that for the sake of your clients you aren't using pirated software
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 12:26 AM   #14
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Just stick with ebay dude. No one, well maybe a few there are always those few. Will send you their laptop without a site or knowing some background.

If you need a site for cheap let me know I'll hook you up. Might help you sell things easier.

Also how much do you make off ebay if you dont have to get a job for now?
      08-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #15
noktekniq
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

hmm are the programs you installing to others computer legit or bootlegged. u must be rich to give away free progs like that
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 01:14 AM   #16
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

what is avg? never heard them before. are they new?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #17
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

i was planning to make a small website for my ebay listings but hell why do that when im doing just fine with a ebay store alone? i tried expanding to yahoo auctions and overstock but as you know yahoo auctions retired and i got nowhere with overstock. just too lazy i guess to make the small site possible.

i do local reformats here i guess if that is what you call it. friends, relatives, teachers, etc.

i am not looking to reformat laptops as a full time thing. just want to help a few members here if they need it. maybe in the future i will start listing ebay auctions for lap top reformats but that will depend on how busy college is.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #18
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

hm i guess i never thought of the software that way. didn't think much people would car knowing you guys never downloaded anything . i guess i gotta take that off
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 01:20 AM   #19
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

looking at AVG website looks like you have to pay. are you speaking of their free trial? http://www.grisoft.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #20
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
Sending laptops to free trials is like sending your kids to war man
Again, I was speaking about local owners. That's why I put the "+1"..I know I wouldn't send my $1,500+ laptop to a stranger..that's why I said he should start with local ones...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #21
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

All this stuff you mention like winrar, nero, pshop..

all of that can be downloaded, Windows XP can be downloaded from bittorent sites...

you might wanna mention that reversing from Vista to XP is hard to do since you have to wipe out all of the data on HD and start over. Since you can't just stick an XP disk in there and boot from disk.

that's ur selling point, i hate Vista, and wanted to run XP but i got lazy and just got used to Vista.

if you were local i'd give ya a try, but i can't trust my Vaio in the mail.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #22
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
what is avg? never heard them before. are they new?
Nope, been around a really long time. We almost replaced Trend with them, but Trend took us out and got us drunk and made us sign another contract.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download.../frt/0?prd=aff

They have a free and a pay product. Pay is for enterprise management type of stuff and support.
Appreciate 0