E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > New Product: Swift Spec-R sport spring for your E9x 335i

Closed Thread

09-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

New Product: Swift Spec-R sport spring for your E9x 335i

Swift made Sport Springs Spec-R is made for true track racing enthusiasts that wants to take their vehicle to the next level.
Sport Springs Spec-R is engineered with 2 main characteristics.

1 Redesign lowering ride height to maximize the suspension performance allowing the vehicle to fully absorb road condition for maximum traction.

2 Increase in spring rate to further enhance cornering speed through entry & exit. The increase in spring rate is based on the vehicle factory stock valving settings. Sport Springs Spec-R is increase to the optimal rate that the stock shocks can handle. Higher performance shocks are not required, but recommended.

Spec R springs are wound with the same engineering as our sports springs. With the exception of stiffer rates and slight change in ride height; you can expect the same characteristics as our sports springs.

H5S.TW

Motorsport's most advanced spring material

Swift made a name for itself on the tracks of Asia, Europe, and U.S. by defying all accepted concepts and speculations about the future, if any, in coil spring science.
When many other company were looking at expensive and brittle titanium composites to create the next evolution of springs, Swift was looking at reinventing the entire science of coil spring dynamics. Swift saw that most others are using the old regular silicone chrome material, which was not strong enough. It used a heat tempering method that damaged the strength of the material that requiring more coils, in turn, more weight.
The material was also suffering from a short life span. With springs like this leading the industries, Swift saw room for improvement.

Swift's R & D team created material, called H5S.TW, which is stronger then regular silicone chrome material. Because of this material, we could make the spring wire thinner, and could wind the springs with fewer coils, which greatly decreased weight while dramatically increasing available stroke.

335i lowering:

1" in the front and 0.8" in the rear (from non-sport).

Spring rates:

-4kg/mm or 223 lb/in in the front

-11kg/mm or 615 lb/in in the rear

These should work on your 328i, 330i and 335D as well, but the lowering will be slightly different.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 10-03-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
blk 335i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Sedan

Nice! can't wait to try!
      09-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Wow even the mfg doesn't know what they are talking about. Conventional spring material is silicon chrome NOT silicone chrome.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
Wow even the mfg doesn't know what they are talking about. Conventional spring material is silicon chrome NOT silicone chrome.
That is just a light spelling error on Swift's part.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread