E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2012 FIA Formula 1 World Championship Pre-Season Thread

03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #331
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
RB's domination last year really ruined the fun for me. It was always like Vettel 10+ seconds up ahead in the lead and fight betweeen 2~4th places. It seems like RB8 is real strong again this season. Which sucks. Not to be biased or disrespect, but I wouldn't mind if Vettel ends up in gravel a lot this year. I know I know, harsh, but I just don't like Redbull racing that much.

Any speculations on Ferrari and Mercedes?

I read some articles that Mercedes stepped up the game!!! I was literally yelling when I read that news. I'm not a fan of M.Schumacher, but I do enjoy his aggressive racing style. I hope they can annoy the crap out of the top-3 contenders, especially McLaren. It was fun to watch Hamilton vs Schumacher last year.

What about Ferrari? Anyone think they are just playing game? Heard they are in big trouble, but still have the fastest overall average laptime. Something about being too aggressive on tires unlike last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
I think McLaren found their ground a little too late last season, but it carried into this new season. RB8 won't run away with the Constructor's this year IMO.

But who knows...won't find out until the 18th! lol
McLaren did, but exhaust regulation screwed them again, didn't it?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #332
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Hamilton won one of the early races (china I think) and Button won in Canada relatively early in the season as well.

They were competitive initially

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #333
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Don't forget in Spanish GP Hamilton was hunting down Vettel's arse in the final 6 laps. Great defending and racing in that race.
      03-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #334
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I think Hamilton is a serious driver with some serious class.
I have to say he is my favorite driver in F1, I just wish he can avoid those racing incidents this year.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #335
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
RB's domination last year really ruined the fun for me. It was always like Vettel 10+ seconds up ahead in the lead and fight betweeen 2~4th places. It seems like RB8 is real strong again this season. Which sucks. Not to be biased or disrespect, but I wouldn't mind if Vettel ends up in gravel a lot this year. I know I know, harsh, but I just don't like Redbull racing that much.

Any speculations on Ferrari and Mercedes?

I read some articles that Mercedes stepped up the game!!! I was literally yelling when I read that news. I'm not a fan of M.Schumacher, but I do enjoy his aggressive racing style. I hope they can annoy the crap out of the top-3 contenders, especially McLaren. It was fun to watch Hamilton vs Schumacher last year.

What about Ferrari? Anyone think they are just playing game? Heard they are in big trouble, but still have the fastest overall average laptime. Something about being too aggressive on tires unlike last year.

Ferrari are in SERIOUS trouble, from the sounds of things. Unless there is some serious gamesmanship going on, I think this will be another difficult season for them. From what I've managed to read, it appears they have the exact opposite issue as last year: they are quick on the first few laps, but their pace drops off drastically over a long run (i.e. they're very harsh on the Pirellis). Sounds very similar to Mercedes' issue last year.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #336
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have to say he is my favorite driver in F1, I just wish he can avoid those racing incidents this year.
Same here, love to watch him racing. Exciting to watch at anytime.
Just so funny to see every time Massa got close to his proximity...Oh crap...something is going to happen.
      03-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #337
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
The title music for Sky F1 will be "re-use" Alistair Griffin’s ‘Just Drive’ , where featured in 2010 BBC F1 season ending credit music.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...f&e=58b095a1df

Personally I really like "The Chain" in BBC coverage. The SpeedTV ones is not bad either.
      03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #338
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I agree as well. He is pretty much my favorite F1 driver, save for Ayrton Senna.

I'm really looking forward to this season of F1. Can't wait for Texas!

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #339
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Ferrari are in SERIOUS trouble, from the sounds of things. Unless there is some serious gamesmanship going on, I think this will be another difficult season for them. From what I've managed to read, it appears they have the exact opposite issue as last year: they are quick on the first few laps, but their pace drops off drastically over a long run (i.e. they're very harsh on the Pirellis). Sounds very similar to Mercedes' issue last year.
Thought exactly the samething. Though, Webber did say Ferrari remains as mystery at this point.. Which I believe there is something going on. I guess they can't really predict whether ferrari is in trouble or if ferrari is about to find something that can seriously threaten everyone else. From what I read, if Ferrari does work out exhaust position, they might gain serious advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Same here, love to watch him racing. Exciting to watch at anytime.
Just so funny to see every time Massa got close to his proximity...Oh crap...something is going to happen.
Yeah, remember when Massa "tapped" Hamilton on the back when Hamilton was doing an interview? I was laughing so hard. That was more like a slap, telling him to watch the F out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
I agree as well. He is pretty much my favorite F1 driver, save for Ayrton Senna.

I'm really looking forward to this season of F1. Can't wait for Texas!
Of course, Senna is in a league of his own! Texas is too far away, I might have to watch Korean Gran Prix in Korea. Which is gonna suck, I really wanted to visit the new track @ Texas. Circuit diagram looks very interesting.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #340
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Hamilton is the most coddled driver on the grid. So now that he's moved to Monaco he can take his driving seriously and become what all others expect of him?

WAHHHHH. Someone get him a bottle. Take an interest in your car, get your ass to Woking and actually take an interest for a change. For his 8-figure salary the guy whines as much as his side-burns are ladylike. FTMFL

Go Vettel!

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #341
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Hamilton is the most coddled driver on the grid. So now that he's moved to Monaco he can take his driving seriously and become what all others expect of him?

WAHHHHH. Someone get him a bottle. Take an interest in your car, get your ass to Woking and actually take an interest for a change. For his 8-figure salary the guy whines as much as his side-burns are ladylike. FTMFL

Go Vettel!

LET HAMILTON AND VETTEL SWITCH CARS AND SEE IF VETTEL CAN KEEP UP. HA!

Yes, I declare a war.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #342
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

he could, and drive right round him after hamilton's obligatory mistake (crash, gravel, etc... for which he would blame someone else... on the radio... live)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #343
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
he could, and drive right round him after hamilton's obligatory mistake (crash, gravel, etc... for which he would blame someone else... on the radio... live)
Considering that the stewards listen to driver radios, I don't think we'll be seeing any drivers say, "Oh crap I totally just ran into that guy."
      03-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #344
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The title music for Sky F1 will be "re-use" Alistair Griffin’s ‘Just Drive’ , where featured in 2010 BBC F1 season ending credit music.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...f&e=58b095a1df

Personally I really like "The Chain" in BBC coverage. The SpeedTV ones is not bad either.
I'm going to miss "The Chain". It was perfect. All it needed year on end was just a tweak to the visuals.

This new song doesn't really do much to get me pumped up for the race.
      03-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #345
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I'm going to miss "The Chain". It was perfect. All it needed year on end was just a tweak to the visuals.

you guys know the names of the songs and never told me!?

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #346
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
LET HAMILTON AND VETTEL SWITCH CARS AND SEE IF VETTEL CAN KEEP UP. HA!

Yes, I declare a war.
LOL war on! RBR / VETTEL / RB8 for a threepeat

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #347
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Considering that the stewards listen to driver radios, I don't think we'll be seeing any drivers say, "Oh crap I totally just ran into that guy."
No no, the radio always hear "He run into me!!" "He turned into me!!!" "He pushed me off!!!"
      03-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #348
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Probably cause BBC will still use "The Chain" for theme music. But just not all races will be live, and without Martin Brundle and Ted Kravis.
      03-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #349
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
F* you French GP and FOM!!! Don't switch with SPA!!! Go switch with Valencia!!!!

All the European circuits there is, they had to pick Spa!!! WTF!!!

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/72409.html

Quote:
French sports minister David Douillet insists his country is ready to host a grand prix and is now waiting on Spa-Francorchamps to agree to share its slot on the calendar from 2013 onwards.

Bernie Ecclestone recently told Sky Sports he wants more European venues to alternate the hosting of races year by year - as Hockenheim and the Nurburgring currently do - and he said Belgium and France would make a good match. Douillet told RMC Sport that everything else is now in place for France to stage its first Formula One race since 2008.

"I have told Bernie Ecclestone that we are ready," he said. "We have done the financial side, on which he agreed. Now we wait for the position of our Belgian friends, since the project is to alternate between Le Castellet (Paul Ricard) and Spa."

He said the hold-up with Belgium is because of Spa-Francorchamps' existing contract with Ecclestone for a race every year.

"They need to work it out amongst themselves," he added. "But we are ready, and - for our car industry - we need it."
      03-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #350
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
That would be fucking tragic. Spa is far and away the best track on the circuit and one of the richest in history. Bernie is a doddering old fool if he can't see that this is a fuck up. Maybe ditch one of the dust-bowl GPs? Oh wait... too much money. I shouldn't be shocked... the money has always meant more than the integrity of the sport to him.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #351
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
That HRT front wing looks like something I could have built in my high school woodshop class.

Although the rest of the car is surprisingly decent looking.
      03-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #352
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
F* you French GP and FOM!!! Don't switch with SPA!!! Go switch with Valencia!!!!

All the European circuits there is, they had to pick Spa!!! WTF!!!

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/72409.html
Unfortunately, Spa is in financial trouble. Which is why this is even proposed. I might be 'ok' with it if it was Magny-cours. But I think we would all prefer it take Valencia's spot.