E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > [GROUP BUY] DTUK DIESEL TUNING KITS (Diesel Only) + PEDALBOX THROTTLE RESPONSE KITS (

10-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #23
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

One word: Rubbish.

People want their car to FEEL responsive and FEEL better by driving it normally - these devices do just that.

The concept of obtaining the same result by slamming your accellerator down an extra 30 or 40 % in heavy traffic/inner city driving is rubbish.

We drive like we drive.. we drive gently in traffic and inner city environs... and with one of these devices fitted your car is more responsive and FEELS better.

People want a good FEEL when driving their cars... these devices deliver... no ifs, or buts - its a fact.

Last edited by QLD; 10-25-2011 at 06:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #24
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
One word: Rubbish.

People want their car to FEEL responsive and FEEL better by driving it normally - these devices do just that.

The concept of obtaining the same result by slamming your accellerator down an extra 30 or 40 % in heavy traffic/inner city driving is rubbish.

We drive like we drive.. we drive gently in traffic and inner city environs... and with one of these devices fitted your car is more responsive and FEELS better.

People want a good FEEL when driving their cars... these devices deliver... no ifs, or buts - its a fact.
That's all well and good but 250 bucks buys a lot of beer.

Also, why is pressing down the accelerator a bit more utter rubbish? It's not like it catapults the car forward if it's just doing the same as if you brushed your foot against a sprintboosted car.

I don't understand. Heavy traffic doesn't make me 'brush my foot against the accelerator'. I push down as much as required.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #25
QLD
Captain
Rep

I feel you and I are going round in circles... these devices are what they are... they make your car FEEL better - just like a power button.

You seem to have expectations of things that these devices DO NOT claim to do, nor profess to deliver.

I am not sure why you are so defensive and feel compelled to try and put a case forward against these devices stating things that the manufacturers DO NOT claim themselves..??

These devices work... your car FEELS better, responsive and you enjoy the experience better.. that is the fact.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #26
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
In my honest opinion, the sprint booster device will benefit greatly for gentle/average drivers but will do nothing if you been thrashing your car hard for the last 10km

As the end of the day its exact same car with the same power output.

BMW will adapt your driving style to your car. It will balance between power and economy. So the slower your drive the less responsive you get and the more fuel efficient you have.

Take my test with Luster for example, when he was on my car, it felt very very slow but after 5 hard run, it become responsive again and redline at will.
I bet he was very surprised after the test consider how slow it felt before. He was 100% right when he said "little cumsy and hesitation" because she hasn't gone past 2000rpm for the last 273km"
I am telling you its two different car!

So IMO this works for most driver.
But with that said, you could also save yourself $$ by driving little harder
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #27
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
I have been talking with Andrew from DTUK since I got my tuning kit to arrange a bit of a group buy price to get Aussies using his product. As many of you have seen, the product is bound to become the standard for in-warranty tuning on our beloved Diesels! In fact, the CRD-T has same or better results as chip-tuning.

Normal RRP: $565 AUD

Group buy price: $485 AUD (including shipping)

Saving: $80 AUD!
Given the performance benefits - and simple plug and play 10 min install... $485 delivered is a real good price br0.. well done - great reveal

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #28
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
but the reality is that NO ONE drives like this is normal everyday driving
speak for your self!

Mind you when I get in the car.

1. Key in its little vaginal hole
2. Push Start button (with foot on the brake of course)
3. Push sport button
4. seatbelt
5. D and one to the left for sport shift
6. stomp on the loud pedel
7. dodge toyotas, Have I mentioned my dislike for toyotas
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #29
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I feel you and I are going round in circles... these devices are what they are... they make your car FEEL better - just like a power button.

You seem to have expectations of things that these devices DO NOT claim to do, nor profess to deliver.

I am not sure why you are so defensive and feel compelled to try and put a case forward against these devices stating things that the manufacturers DO NOT claim themselves..??

These devices work... your car FEELS better, responsive and you enjoy the experience better.. that is the fact.
We do seem to be going around in circles here

I never said the devices don't work, they are simple voltage amplifiers I can buy from Tandy for $5, something that simple cannot fail. They make a 30% pedal input = 70% or whatever. Fine. That's well and good.

But what the hell's the point. Move your foot to the 70% position to get the desired acceleration. A good driver should know how his car works, and shouldn't need some ripoff gimmick to make it 'feel' better. If it was much cheaper, I'd be less inclined to tell people to not get ripped off. I'm sure you agree here. $250 bucks though? There's a need to inform potential customers what an absolute gimmick it is.

Plus such a device gives you much less pedal modulation since it essentially makes the bottom half of pedal travel totally useless. I'd rather have more control over how much I am accelerating in all conditions.

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #30
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
We do seem to be going around in circles here

I never said the devices don't work, they are simple voltage amplifiers I can buy from Tandy for $5, something that simple cannot fail. They make a 30% pedal input = 70% or whatever. Fine. That's well and good.

But what the hell's the point. Move your foot to the 70% position to get the desired acceleration. A good driver should know how his car works, and shouldn't need some ripoff gimmick to make it 'feel' better. If it was much cheaper, I'd be less inclined to tell people to not get ripped off. I'm sure you agree here. $250 bucks though? There's a need to inform potential customers what an absolute gimmick it is.

Plus such a device gives you much less pedal modulation since it essentially makes the bottom half of pedal travel totally useless. I'd rather have more control over how much I am accelerating in all conditions.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #31
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Congrats on the DPs btw, I did get mine done at Advan. Seems like you have that booked in already!

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #32
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Congrats on the DPs btw, I did get mine done at Advan. Seems like you have that booked in already!
Shit they have been sitting in my office for over a month while I waited for the ETs FMIC to arrive and now I have it I want them installed ASAP. The chap that was recommended to me at brookvale couldn't fit me in for another 3 weeks AND he had no experience, so he got the chop. Peter at Advan seemed quite knowledgeable on the phone and can 'do' me next wednesday.

Plus I was starting to sound him out about meth and he is quite keen as has done a few 135's so I will have a good chat next week and see where that goes
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #33
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Shit they have been sitting in my office for over a month while I waited for the ETs FMIC to arrive and now I have it I want them installed ASAP. The chap that was recommended to me at brookvale couldn't fit me in for another 3 weeks AND he had no experience, so he got the chop. Peter at Advan seemed quite knowledgeable on the phone and can 'do' me next wednesday.

Plus I was starting to sound him out about meth and he is quite keen as has done a few 135's so I will have a good chat next week and see where that goes
You have a lot of willpower to not put on the DP for over a month!!!

im getting mine in tomorrow - will receive it today lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #34
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
You have a lot of willpower to not put on the DP for over a month!!!

im getting mine in tomorrow - will receive it today lol.
Well..........

Its more about how many trips to the shop, you see the little lady may not be 100% aware of what I am doing and if I make several trips to the shop she will start asking akward questions. So I figured I'd get all installed on the one day, hence the imperative that the shop have experience and can guarantee they can swap the bits in a day
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #35
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Well..........

Its more about how many trips to the shop, you see the little lady may not be 100% aware of what I am doing and if I make several trips to the shop she will start asking akward questions. So I figured I'd get all installed on the one day, hence the imperative that the shop have experience and can guarantee they can swap the bits in a day
I know the feeling

My car is going in for a "service" tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Well..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I know the feeling

My car is going in for a "service" tomorrow...
I've taken a train after work in the city with my lady to Advan in order to pick up my car after installing mods.

She even sat in the car and waited while I had a chat with Pete. Not a peep of complaint. Keeper?

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #37
pcockley
Banned
Rep

there's always a show off in every crowd
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #38
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Quote:
I've taken a train after work in the city with my lady to Advan in order to pick up my car after installing mods.

She even sat in the car and waited while I had a chat with Pete. Not a peep of complaint. Keeper?
They're only a keeper if you make them happy. My lady takes a tally of how much I spend on my gadgets and spends the same amount on her bags, shoes, clothes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #39
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmash View Post
They're only a keeper if you make them happy. My lady takes a tally of how much I spend on my gadgets and spends the same amount on her bags, shoes, clothes, etc.
That would hurt
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #40
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Paying double... that's why I have stuff delivered to my office :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #41
QLD
Captain
Rep

luster: have you been supplied with your complimentary PedalBox yet so you can post a FULL detailed report of the device?

I thought DTUK said weeks ago that they were taking care of it...?

We want to see a report from an OZ user, in an OZ spec car, in our conditions report and validate claims made about the PedalBox.

I hope DTUK haven't let the forum down.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #42
Blaubmw
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

Hi QLD

Have you installed a DTUK CRDT yet?

Just bought my 320d and reading this forum with interest and looking to buy one. Also in Qld if we were to buy 2 at once for delivery here.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #43
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
luster: have you been supplied with your complimentary PedalBox yet so you can post a FULL detailed report of the device?
They never comped me, but I bought one. (I'm such a sucker!)

Will post install and a little bit of a review when it gets here.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #44
QLD
Captain
Rep

I'm still pondering

But don't let that deter you from getting it done... luster swears by it - as do many many more people... doooo it

What you got, 2011 model?

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0