E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *Official Ohio Chat Thread*

03-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #595
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

cool... I wasn't there on Browns day. Yeah, that new Durango looks pretty aggressive (at least from the front).
      03-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #596
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i, 1969 Mustang

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Went to the auto show yesterday and got some cool pictures.

For those of you in Cleveland watch out for potholes of death on Chester Ave between E70th and 105 both ways. On the left side of the middle lanes going both ways there is a pothole about 3ft wide and really deep. They just looked like puddles from far away cause of the rain the other day.

2007 335i E90 BSM Depo Tail, Matte Grill, AFE DCI, JB4, Debadge, Matte Black Avant Garde M310, Blacked Out Trim, Mtech v3 AE
Future Mods: Tint, Catless DPs
E90post.com E9x Picture GAME!!! 2 Points Challenges Girl, Office Space

Last edited by BobKingerman; 03-07-2011 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Chester Ave. not Carnegie
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #597
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

What potholes? I drive to work every day on Carnegie and haven't noticed anything there... now the shadily patched road is getting annoying in the intersection of Carnegie and 55th.

Edit: Oh that? Now I know what you're talking about... You haven't driven downtown lately have you? F'n Prospect between E 9th and Ontario is one sink hole after another. God damn cheap-ass motherf'n city...
      03-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #598
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Oh, I meant Chester Ave I always get those two mixed up. I will edit my other post.

2007 335i E90 BSM Depo Tail, Matte Grill, AFE DCI, JB4, Debadge, Matte Black Avant Garde M310, Blacked Out Trim, Mtech v3 AE
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #599
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

Ahh... I never go through Chester. Too many speed cameras. For some reason Carnegie flows pretty well in the right lane, even during rush hour.
      03-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #600
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
I've learned where two of the cameras are after getting tickets on both. But since I have out of state registration I don't need to pay them.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #601
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

Ahh... there are two on Carnegie (30th and 55th), but I have yet to see them go off when people run red lights (bastards) or speed through them. Sometimes they are flashing constantly for no reason.
      03-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #602
spkcadet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 JGC Summit

Work in progress...

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #603
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Got mine out yesterday to go around the block! Spkcadet,
What are doing, new angel eyes?
      03-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #604
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

Morning Ohio, how is the weather out there? We just got dumped on last night and this morning.
      03-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #605
droptoppkid
BEE EM UU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Montego Blue, Oyster

today the weather isnt too bad, its sunny but still in low 40's.

@BobKingerman, you said you have outta state registration, well I just moved back here from California and still have my Cali plates, same thing with registration. How long have you had out of state registration? Been pulled over yet?

Parking lot on daily basis. 4 BMW's vs 1 out-numbered Chevy
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #606
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptoppkid View Post
today the weather isnt too bad, its sunny but still in low 40's.

@BobKingerman, you said you have outta state registration, well I just moved back here from California and still have my Cali plates, same thing with registration. How long have you had out of state registration? Been pulled over yet?
I have had out of state plates for almost two years now on two different cars. Haven't been hassled by the cops and I have even had my front plate removed for almost 6 months now, which is illegal here but legal in surrounding states, Michigan and Penn. I have been hassled back home in Mass for not having an inspection sticker on my mustang which is registered out of state. Once the cop realized he acted nice and let me go.

So if you have out of state plates it's ok to take off the front plate and you don't have to worry about yearly inspection stickers or camera tickets. Real tickets where they get your license, you need to take care of. I haven't had any experience with parking tickets other than in Canada (Didn't pay it).

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #607
droptoppkid
BEE EM UU
United_States
Rep

thanks for the input, good to know..

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #608
droptoppkid
BEE EM UU
United_States
Rep

On a side not I don't know if anyone is local to where I am at, but I just had great experience servicing my car at BMW of Willoughby. I'm on a lease and was slightly overdue for an oil change, and I heard stories where they can charge you if you're late. I took it in on a friday and just so happened there was a huge snow storm, and my rwd w/ regular tires was struggling. When I made it in their parking lot, it actually got stuck and couldn't make it to the service department because the entrance was on the incline. Being frustrated I honked my horn. A rep came out, and got a snowplow truck to instantly clear the runway in matter of minutes. I came w/o an appointment (second time, should know better by now) and they still took me in. Due to the snowstorm a lot of customers canceled their appointments, so this wasn't an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one to get serviced that day, it was bad.

So anyways, I make it in, they quickly run my key to see what needs to be done, do the print out, warranty covers everything, total cost is $0, the next question is do you need a loaner? I tell him yes, not expecting anything too crazy but hopefully an awd cause of the snowstorm. Typical scenario, they get a copy of insurance card and then a rep drops a question SO UNEXPECTED TO ME, it blew me away.

"Do you know how to drive stick?"

I almost instantly get a permanent smile, trying to hide it say of course. My previous car was a Subaru WRX, so lots of experience in that field. They pulled up the car, and as I stepped outside I instantly went to the back to see what model it was. Here presented to me on a silver platter a 2011 335xi w/ 1200miles on it, stick shift. I started doing cartwheels inside my head, trying not to smile too much. Here it is, Friday 8am, 335xi. I ask them when my car is going to be done, trying to find out how much time I have with this bad boy. Unfortunately they said same day, so I then ask them again what if I can't make it back today? I was advised I should try to, but should I not be able to then my agreement authorizes me to have it for 24 hours (seeing as my car was to be finished same day). I told myself I'll deal with it later, let me get on the road.

2011 335xi, 1200 miles, stick shift. It was a little bit different, not too much. I have the navi package in my 328i, and the 335xi did not. It took me a few min to hook up bluetooth before finally getting on my way.

My car was done roughly at 3pm, that's when I received the call it's ready. By that time the snow had stopped, so I told them I wouldn't be able to make it back in the same day. I was told that I MUST return the car by Saturday 11am (that's when the service department would be closing). I thought to myself, no problem, make the best out of this.

I took the day off from work and just went everywhere. I can't even tell you how many miles I put on it, let's just say enough to drop the value Anyways, the next day I still wasn't done. I receive a call from them reminding me I have to drop off the car, mine is ready. Well let's just say there was no way I would make it there on time, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and pay the concierge fee to keep it til Monday. However, they were lenient enough and said I could drop it off by 6pm at the sales department at no extra charge. I finally gave in and when my day cleared up I went to drop off the car.

Upon arrival at BMW of Willoughby, I did a facebook places "check-in" with my cell phone and all of a sudden a message popped up on my screen. "CLICK HERE TO CLAIM A COMPLEMENTARY GIFT COURTESY OF BMW WILLOUGHBY" Strange I thought, but clicked it anyways. A message on my phone popped up to go show this screen to the receptionist. I had to anyways because that's with who I was dropping off the keys. I showed her the message and I received a complementary BMW coffee mug, which really put the cherry on top of the icing with the experience I had with this dealership.

I dropped off the loaner, I received my coffee mug, I got my car back, warranty covered everything, and I went on my marry way. I didn't even buy the car from them, but they were great. As for the 335xi, probably one of the best days in 2011. Great car, left me speechless and wanting to get one. However, at this point I'm most likely going to wait for the f30.

That's my rant, IT WAS AWESOME.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #609
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

great story man! Glad you enjoyed your experience there.
      03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #610
bmw_steve
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKingerman View Post
For those of you in Cleveland watch out for potholes of death on Chester Ave between E70th and 105 both ways. On the left side of the middle lanes going both ways there is a pothole about 3ft wide and really deep. They just looked like puddles from far away cause of the rain the other day.
yep i know exactly what youre talking about theyre all along chester i travel there often... my 328 ate one the other day and it hurt! i heard the city is actually allowing people to claim damages due to potholes in certain areas...?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #611
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_steve View Post
yep i know exactly what youre talking about theyre all along chester i travel there often... my 328 ate one the other day and it hurt! i heard the city is actually allowing people to claim damages due to potholes in certain areas...?
If someone hit the big ones with low profiles it would definitely so some extensive damage.
The city probably figures the cost of the people who actually file claims will be cheaper than actually fixing the holes.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #612
bmw_steve
Rep
Drives: 3 series

speaking of which are there any cleveland meets planned? also asked this over on ohiobimmers
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #613
droptoppkid
BEE EM UU
United_States
Rep

whats the site for ohiobimmer? New to this

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #614
droptoppkid
BEE EM UU
United_States
Rep

Also, wanted to get some thoughts real quick. I'm in a market for a second bmw, used..preferably 335i, looking to buy, not a rush but an option after selling one of the other vehicles..been browsing ebay on regular basis just to see whats out there, check out other models, years etc..came across this

Never in the last few month have I seen a 335i with price like that (under 20k). I've compared other years, outta state cars, other sources, and basically this looks to be a pretty good deal. However in the free autocheck it says this vehicle may have been used for fleet services. Thoughts??

And in your opinion, for an 07+ 335i at what mileage (on the car) should you think twice? 60k+?? Input and thoughts welcomed!

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #615
spkcadet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 JGC Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Got mine out yesterday to go around the block! Spkcadet,
What are doing, new angel eyes?
Indeed, shipping them off to OSS tomorrow hopefully. Then we shall see how long they have them. on the 335i that passenger side light is a bi*** to get out! It might have been easier to remove the entire oil cooler to get it, but that is a bit risky so I went the less than fun way... ugh my poor hands...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #616
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptoppkid View Post
Also, wanted to get some thoughts real quick. I'm in a market for a second bmw, used..preferably 335i, looking to buy, not a rush but an option after selling one of the other vehicles..been browsing ebay on regular basis just to see whats out there, check out other models, years etc..came across this

Never in the last few month have I seen a 335i with price like that (under 20k). I've compared other years, outta state cars, other sources, and basically this looks to be a pretty good deal. However in the free autocheck it says this vehicle may have been used for fleet services. Thoughts??

And in your opinion, for an 07+ 335i at what mileage (on the car) should you think twice? 60k+?? Input and thoughts welcomed!

The two things that would turn me off of that car is no sport package and the mileage. I was able to get my car on Ebay back in April of last year for 25.5 with 32k miles, sport, premium, cold weather, rear PDC, saddle brown interior. Didn't care much for the nav. My car was listed as fleet and I have had no problems with it.
Also with the cars you see on Ebay with Buy it Now the prices are negotiable. My car was listed for around 27 so I offered 24.5, they came back with 25.5 which is what I wanted to pay for it.

Appreciate 0