Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Recommend me some wheels! e90lci

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-01-2009, 03:40 AM   #23
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
After that many weeks, it doesn't matter.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #24
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

This car was posted earlier in the thread, but this LCI looks amazing with V710s:

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
Mod Bargains, I have appreciated your insight on this forum and am not trying to slam your product.

Second. I understand the forgestars are rated below 1300 lbs. If so this is very, very weak, even if it were a track only wheel.

Flow forming is great but sub 1300 lbs. for a street wheel is too weak for my blood.

Good warranty?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Hey Guys,

I see your concerns, and to better help you understand Flow-Formed wheels and the load rating here is some really good information.

Please understand that the reason it is optimized at 1200 is because the creators of this wheel made it with the intentions of putting it on lighter vehicles. e.g. Porches, E82 1series, Lotus Elise, etc type of cars!

Flow Forming is pressure that is applied to the cast rim, actually changing the wheels mechanical properties. The strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged wheel.

Now understand that the Forgestar wheels are optimized at 1200lbs per corner load rating but it was actually tested at 1825lbs per ft. and PASSED! Thats exactly why these wheels are so damn great!

The Data speaks for itself, look at it. What other company is willing to put their data sheets out for the public to see?

FORGESTAR F14 TEST DATA:
STL Report 18x8.5
STL Report 18x12

The STL reports shows that the initial deflection is .068 after an 1825lbs test load the final deflection was .066. That was after hours of testing!

After all that load testing there was pretty much no flex at .002

Forgestar also uses a new testing data standard called SAE J2530. It surpasses any test data out there now, this new standard is harder to pass than TUV.

I hope this helps to clarify any questions that may be out there!

Alan Wei
Alan************.com
www.**********s.com
Phone: ************** Ext. 8006
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM PST
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
crimsone90
Banned
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
Hey Guys,

I see your concerns, and to better help you understand Flow-Formed wheels and the load rating here is some really good information.

Please understand that the reason it is optimized at 1200 is because the creators of this wheel made it with the intentions of putting it on lighter vehicles. e.g. Porches, E82 1series, Lotus Elise, etc type of cars!

Flow Forming is pressure that is applied to the cast rim, actually changing the wheels mechanical properties. The strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged wheel.

Now understand that the Forgestar wheels are optimized at 1200lbs per corner load rating but it was actually tested at 1825lbs per ft. and PASSED! Thats exactly why these wheels are so damn great!

The Data speaks for itself, look at it. What other company is willing to put their data sheets out for the public to see?

FORGESTAR F14 TEST DATA:
STL Report 18x8.5
STL Report 18x12

The STL reports shows that the initial deflection is .068 after an 1825lbs test load the final deflection was .066. That was after hours of testing!

Forgestar also uses a new testing data standard called SAE J2530. It surpasses any test data out there now, this new standard is harder to pass than TUV.

Alan Wei
Alan************.com
www.**********s.com
Alan,

Allow me to correct you the same way I corrected Kevin. This is the THIRD time I correct your company on this.

I had the courtesy of sending you a Private Message making you aware of the mistake you made when you posted this same reply at the 1Addicts boards, I corrected you again when you posted this on M3Post and you still decided to ignore it and carelessly post it here.

Now, to better help you understand how the load rating works here is some really good information:

1. The 1825lbs is not 1845lbs it is 1825Lbs-Ft it is NOT 1825LBS. This is a rotary load used for testing the Cornering Fatique of a wheel of size 18x8.5" for a 1200lb static load per corner based on the J2350. In other words, if you want to certify that a wheel of that size can withstand 1200lbs then you use about 1825lbs-ft for an specific number of cycles to certify it. If what you're saying was true then your 19" wheel can withstand nearly 3000lbs. You`ll need a 35-45 lbs FORGED wheel to be able to withstand that. You posting this information again after I personally corrected you privately says how much you care about your customers and your company's image.

2. SAE J2530 is put to nowhere near the abuse that a TUV wheel certification requires. If you want, I can post the actual TUV certification standards and you can compare them to the SAE standards yourself. I don't know what to say to this absurd remark.

3. Optimized at 1,200lbs per corner means that the wheel can withstand 1,200lbs with an added margin of error if properly engineered. A wheel optimized for 1,200lbs means that it starts at an specific weight and capable of withstanding a specific load then weight is SHAVED OFF using Finite Element Analysis testing software until the max load is around the desire value. That's how a wheel is optimized. If you optimize it for 1,200lbs it`ll not be able to handle over 1800lbs. What's the point of optimizing it then?

A wheel with a Max Load rating of less than 1450lbs does not belong on a BMW. Period.

What should we conclude now that you have decided to post the same incorrect information three times after you have been consistently corrected and you continue to post it?

Please correct your posting and stop intentionally misleading the members.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #27
skow
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 Gran Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
A wheel with a Max Load rating of less than 1450lbs does not belong on a BMW. Period.
I'm interested on other peoples thoughts looking at the data. I'm in no way qualified to judge if I'm safe getting that wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #28
zellex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
This car was posted earlier in the thread, but this LCI looks amazing with V710s:

Sorry, new to rims. What brand are these, and where can I get them?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #29
jign4bass
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellex View Post
Sorry, new to rims. What brand are these, and where can I get them?
VMR (Velocity Motor Racing) model V710. Ordered mine from **********s.com. Received them today. Can't wait to get some rubber on Monday and get them on my car.

Great experience with **********s. Very knowledgeable and great service.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #30
zellex
Private First Class
Rep

nevermind, I'm retarded [ignore previous message]
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #31
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

those 710s look awesome on that LCI. I'm looking forward to the Alufelgen SF 71 that should be released soon... so that might be an option for you as they posted a pic already on this thread.
But i also just ran across Vorsteiner's CS1 cast alloy wheel that are entering production now and will be out arriving in January apparantly

good luck, and let us know what you pick! (i'm in the market for wheels too, wanna get some within the next 2 months or so)
CURRENT - E36 M3 Alpine White | BC Coils | FROMERLY - 2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #32
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
But i also just ran across Vorsteiner's CS1 cast alloy wheel that are entering production now and will be out arriving in January apparantly
+1

Those might be my next set, sexy as hell yet not crazy expensive!!!
      11-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #33
zellex
Private First Class
Rep

What's the difference between

and

in terms of appearance?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #34
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
Hey Guys,

FORGESTAR F14 TEST DATA:
STL Report 18x8.5
STL Report 18x12

Alan Wei
Alan************.com
www.**********s.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
Alan,

Allow me to correct you the same way I corrected Kevin. This is the THIRD time I correct your company on this.

I had the courtesy of sending you a Private Message making you aware of the mistake you made when you posted this same reply at the 1Addicts boards, I corrected you again when you posted this on M3Post and you still decided to ignore it and carelessly post it here.

Now, to better help you understand how the load rating works here is some really good information:

1. The 1825lbs is not 1845lbs it is 1825Lbs-Ft it is NOT 1825LBS. This is a rotary load used for testing the Cornering Fatique of a wheel of size 18x8.5" for a 1200lb static load per corner based on the J2350. In other words, if you want to certify that a wheel of that size can withstand 1200lbs then you use about 1825lbs-ft for an specific number of cycles to certify it. If what you're saying was true then your 19" wheel can withstand nearly 3000lbs. You`ll need a 35-45 lbs FORGED wheel to be able to withstand that. You posting this information again after I personally corrected you privately says how much you care about your customers and your company's image.

2. SAE J2530 is put to nowhere near the abuse that a TUV wheel certification requires. If you want, I can post the actual TUV certification standards and you can compare them to the SAE standards yourself. I don't know what to say to this absurd remark.

3. Optimized at 1,200lbs per corner means that the wheel can withstand 1,200lbs with an added margin of error if properly engineered. A wheel optimized for 1,200lbs means that it starts at an specific weight and capable of withstanding a specific load then weight is SHAVED OFF using Finite Element Analysis testing software until the max load is around the desire value. That's how a wheel is optimized. If you optimize it for 1,200lbs it`ll not be able to handle over 1800lbs. What's the point of optimizing it then?

What should we conclude now that you have decided to post the same incorrect information three times after you have been consistently corrected and you continue to post it?

Please correct your posting and stop intentionally misleading the members.
ouch.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #35
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
ouch.
We all know Crimsone90 is Alfulugen, and he's been following our co-workers in other threads (a quick search posts will show that) You attacked velocity as well. Real professional using other names.

As to the wheels in 19" they are rated at 1500 - the wheels were purposly rated at 1200 in the 18" because its designed for 3 series/1 series vehicles (not 5 series or 7 series) the 18's are a lightweight wheel. Due to the arguing Forgestar is even willing to send out the wheels again to STL for it to get passed at a higher load rating if that makes you feel better. But you know as well as I do at 1825lbs for 5.1 hours and that minimal deflection rate that the wheels are strong.

If you want to create drama feel free. The bottom line is these are one of the few wheels out there showing the testing data - not hiding it (They passed most stringent STL report that surpass TUV,JWL and VIA). We know that the other cast (gravity or low pressure cast) don't stand a chance next to these Flow Formed Cast wheels. Race teams are running these wheels.

Customers can give STL a call 330.833.8548 feel free to ask them about the testing. Testing data: http://www.forgestar.com/v1/testdata.php

Seriously are you trying to claim that the wheels are weak?
Forgestar is not going to put the company's liability in jeporady, especially as these are marketed for the track teams (hell they were originally comissioned for KW's M3 race car)

Bottom line guys - we will stand behind these wheels we havent stirred you guys wrong and they are by one of the greatest value for wheels to have come out in a long time.
Appreciate 0