E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > newbie to e9x, pondering a 335is

01-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #23
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscott104 View Post
I too am an E9x newbie, just purchasing a '08 335 convertible with 50K miles, and even though I had a rough go of it at first, thankfully the dealer covered all the repairs, and they've basically taken care of common issues - vanos solenoid and injectors.

I know my HPFP was replaced under warranty in 2011. That warranty is good for 10 years/120K miles, so you should be all set.

Mine is a DCT, and I spoke to a couple mechanics prior to buying. They both said it's extremely reliable and trouble free. I do plan on having it flushed and everything changed down the road, but given that I just flipped 50K miles, that won't be for a bit. For me, it took a little getting used to on the DCT, because the shifts are different than a standard planetary-geared slushbox.

Otherwise, it's a blast to drive, it gets 27-28 mpg on the highway with... uhhh... "spirited" driving (which from a 300+ HP motor is pretty incredible).

Go for it! (Just get it checked out by a mechanic first)
I wasn't aware that they made the DCT for 08's?? How did yours end up with a DCT? I thought only the 09's and above had them>>>
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #24
alexg212
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is Coupe/Mustang Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBMW335I View Post
I wasn't aware that they made the DCT for 08's?? How did yours end up with a DCT? I thought only the 09's and above had them>>>
Outside of the US you can get dct on certain models. Besides the few that have it as an option here.
Appreciate 0