Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Non RFT - I'm prepared!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #23
R.G.
Captain
Rep
Drives: Isetta

BMW mobility kit

Comes with everything you need
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #24
s14m3RIP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E90 soon?

In the last ten years I've only had one flat, in my mini that didn't have rft's. I used one of those plug kits and an ac compressor, worked like a charm. I'd never buy rft's!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #25
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTMH8N View Post
It not only makes a mess it ruins the tire. A tire shop will not repair a tire that has been filled with slime
Maybe your shop won't but I've had it done....no problem what soever. They never even mentioned it and it was a tire that I had squirted a few times.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #26
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
What are you saying, do you know why run flat tires where made? No not because you can drive on a flat for --miles. its because you never know when you'll get a flat. you may be going 80mph, 40 20 or find out the next day. a tire that cannot support it self when having 0PSI is pretty much like driving on a rim with some rubber underneath it. which is...dangerous. you have alot more control when steering on a flat runflat tire. getting a run flat at 80mph vs a non rft, it could save a life. It also shaves so weight rather then carrying a spare/tools. A women who wouldnt know how to change a tire would never need to. if she has a flat, she can drive to the nearest shop without damaging her wheel.

its a much safer tire. its more expensive, weights more then a non-rft, and for many causes a rough ride. i dont think it was that bad when i had my rft. I dont run rft right now, but i can totally see why people would want a rft.
I was just being selfish...would be good for those less mechanically inclined and particularly Women who are less apt to change their own flat. My experience has been limited to 19" and they were awful. I'm the wrong guy to take advice from on this subject I guess....sorry about that.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #27
derrick603
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

The only time I've had a flat tire was in my old WRX when I swerved on to the shoulder to avoid a van changing into my lane without looking. Whatever I hit took out the sidewalls on both of the driver side tires, so neither slime nor a spare tire would've been of any help to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #28
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Word. This plugger works great too:
http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-Intern...ords=tire+plug
Appreciate 0