E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > e92 fit questions

11-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
vinsanity
Rep
Drives: e92

e92 fit questions

well im kinda new to this whole wheel thing so bear with me here
im looking at some 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rears wrapped in 235/35/19 and 265/30/19

what is the cheapest most efficient way to drop my 2007 e92 335i by maybe just 1" all around?
and what do i need to do to achieve that wider effect? should i just buy some spacers somewhere and slap them on?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
abhishriv
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

what are the offsets for your wheels? in relation to that we can suggest what size spacers you could go with.. in terms of suspension i think get a decent set of coilovers. this way you get the struts and springs to match and you can chooses how low you want to drop, and change it if you change your mind after. maybe something like the KW v1 or equivalent. many people will just get lowering springs to save money, but the stock struts will wear out much faster as they are not meant to pair with aftermarket springs.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishriv
what are the offsets for your wheels? in relation to that we can suggest what size spacers you could go with.. in terms of suspension i think get a decent set of coilovers. this way you get the struts and springs to match and you can chooses how low you want to drop, and change it if you change your mind after. maybe something like the KW v1 or equivalent. many people will just get lowering springs to save money, but the stock struts will wear out much faster as they are not meant to pair with aftermarket springs.
+1

When you asked how to get the wider effect you left the most important detail we can use to help you, which is ET (Offset) of your rims.
      11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
vinsanity
Rep
Drives: e92

thanks for the responses, sorry i left out the offsets lol i completely forgot
theyre probably gonna be something like +35, what offset should i go for if i just plan on keeping it on my stock suspension for now and then a drop and spacers later
Appreciate 0