E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake pads

11-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: AW 528 xdrive (AW 335i coupe s

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
Brake pads

Thinking of replacing my brake pads myself and was wondering what pads would be good or should i just stick with the BMW ones.
M-tech front and rear bumpers /M3 style side skirts/gloss black painted roof/ black window trim/Matt black grill/35%tints/4"dimisaTips/CF splitters/M3 style trunk spoiler/VMR V70s/JB4/BMS dci/AMS FMIC/H&R sport with BMW performance shocks.
Thanx Sal and he's crew@AutoCoutureMotoring
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushtrim View Post
Thinking of replacing my brake pads myself and was wondering what pads would be good or should i just stick with the BMW ones.
BMW pads are excellent for day to day use.

If you are looking for slight improvement in braking performance under aggressive driving, less dust and lower cost both Stoptech Street Performance and Porterfield R4-S are excellent alternatives.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
crashoverride
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

There are a lot of different aftermarket brake pads to choose from. I put Hawk HPS brake pads on my car after doing a lot of research and seeing nothing but good reviews. I don't track my car at all. I really like the fact that the pads are low dusting which dramatically helped in keeping my wheels cleaner.

It's been a while but I think the Hawk where cheaper than the factory pads and are better performing.

You also need to replace the Rotors with every service indicated brake pad change... there will always be someone that says you can get away without changing the rotors but that goes against the factory recommendation and requires you to babysit or monitor your rotors.... Plus Rotors are cheap and you don't get that much more life out of them... and living on the edge with questionable brakes... well there are better ways to get your jollies. Brakes is where my family's safety comes first.

Again after market is much cheaper like $50.00 each vs $200 or so for the factory rotors.... Plus you can get them painted on the edges and middle which eliminates the ugly rust.... and still save money.
Appreciate 0