E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Proof that the Fujita intake SUCKS

05-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #133
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
I rather not comment on that. Lets move on. I prefer not to think about it again.
lol and some of you are good at guessing.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #134
dkizerian
Digital Ruler
Rep
Drives: 325i AW/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r
i really still dont get why everyone cannot simply agree on things sometimes, the dyno results are clearly stated with the intake, and on anohter thread someone dynoed a stock 325 in manual with about 200HP to the wheels....i dont think having an auto would drop your hp that much...

and anyways, you guys sound childish and stubborn when you think too hard and start excuses like the world didnt move fast enough at that moment so the dyno didnt properly record the HP...

.i know there are variables on dyno's (temp,pressure, and air) but cmon dont be so stubborn, IM TELLING YOU THIS THING IS A PIECE OF SHIT, HE LOST HP NO REASON TO ARGUE FURTHER!

You really don't understand dynos at all, do you? two dynos of the exact same make, fed the exact same variables, will read two different HP and TQ numbers. Dynos are NOT an exact tool, that's why you have to do a baseline on the dyno you are going to be using, then make the mods, then make another run on that dyno, not on some other dyno.

Also, cars DO NOT make exact HP numbers. Engines, transmissions and drivetrains are built within specs, and if you happen to get one that everything was built at the loose end of spec, and compare it to one that was built at the tight end of spec they will make different power to the wheels.

If you were to take 3 identical 325s and run them on a dyno you'd get 3 different numbers... then if you were to take those 3 cars and run them on 10 different dynos you'd probably end up with 30 differnet HP numbers... hopefully the varience between cars would be the same on each dyno, but that's not even guaranteed.

Quote:
IM TELLING YOU THIS THING IS A PIECE OF SHIT, HE LOST HP NO REASON TO ARGUE FURTHER!
= childish and stubborn.

Until he runs his car on the same dyno with and without the intake, and with NO other changes then nothing has been proven.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #135
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Here: Take this intake to ANY good BMW shop and see what they have to say about it!

IT IS TRASH
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #136
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

a $35 intake from pep boys.....is better than a fujita?
      05-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #137
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge
The hp difference is irrelevant at this point in terms of a true and equal comparsion, once the catback system was added to the car the "control environment" has been modified and you can no longer have a valid comparsion test. All things must be equal on the car to be able to prove the true difference.

Like I said before, I'm not saying there isn't an issue with the intake. What I am saying is that it is now impossible to see what the true difference is because the condition of the car has changed from one dyno to the next.
NO ITS NOT IRRELEVANT. If there had been a difference of 20 hp, we know that the gain could not have come from just the catback, so we would know the stock intake would have played a part in the hp improvement. Thats why I said SIGNIFICANT. Of course we can't see exactly how much hp was lost due to the Fujita, but if there had been a significant difference we would at least know that the intake caused a hp loss(which is all that really matters in this discussion).
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #138
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkizerian
You really don't understand dynos at all, do you? two dynos of the exact same make, fed the exact same variables, will read two different HP and TQ numbers. Dynos are NOT an exact tool, that's why you have to do a baseline on the dyno you are going to be using, then make the mods, then make another run on that dyno, not on some other dyno.

Also, cars DO NOT make exact HP numbers. Engines, transmissions and drivetrains are built within specs, and if you happen to get one that everything was built at the loose end of spec, and compare it to one that was built at the tight end of spec they will make different power to the wheels.

If you were to take 3 identical 325s and run them on a dyno you'd get 3 different numbers... then if you were to take those 3 cars and run them on 10 different dynos you'd probably end up with 30 differnet HP numbers... hopefully the varience between cars would be the same on each dyno, but that's not even guaranteed.

= childish and stubborn.

Until he runs his car on the same dyno with and without the intake, and with NO other changes then nothing has been proven.
I think getting raped by a stock 325 is enough proof for any reasonable person.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #139
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkizerian

= childish and stubborn.

you are wasting your breath honestly, all this was taken into consideration when i wrote that post, i am aware of how innacurate a dyno can actually be. Although you HAVE proved to be somewhat intelligent, its of no concern to me . you have graduated highschool my friend. congratulations.
As far as me being "childish" and stubborn" i would disagree. More like "restless" and "aggravated" with some of the people who post just to hear(or in this case see) themselves talk.
      05-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #140
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e90
NO ITS NOT IRRELEVANT. If there had been a difference of 20 hp, we know that the gain could not have come from just the catback, so we would know the stock intake would have played a part in the hp improvement. Thats why I said SIGNIFICANT. Of course we can't see exactly how much hp was lost due to the Fujita, but if there had been a significant difference we would at least know that the intake caused a hp loss(which is all that really matters in this discussion).
Exactly. THAT is my point exactly.
      05-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #141
Hunter399
Major General
Rep

Hey Lux...why is everyone selling their Fujitas????
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #142
Mofo
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Looks like there's gonna be a Fujita Group Sell
      05-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #143
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo
Looks like there's gonna be a Fujita Group Sell
Fire up the grill folks, we got a run on fajita's
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #144
Hunter399
Major General
Rep

I love how many people wer defending it...now everyone is selling theirs

lol
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #145
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

This is so funny for a technical thread...I did not know fajita is in so much demand by e90 car. Dude, you want fajita, come to texas, there are plenty of it here and they are cheap.

buy one get one free. Can I supersized a fajita?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 11:27 PM   #146
Hunter399
Major General
Rep

he he he he
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #147
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

I have came to a conclusion about intakes ( i have owned about 6 intake for all my other cars)..wheather its fujita, k&n or any other intakes is that intakes and power dont really go hand in hand.. because the power gain from these things is sooo small that if people get intake hoping for big power gains is impossible. Whether the fujita is a POS is basically an opinion of everyone. I could say that it is great and other people can say is sux but if people were hoping more power people should look in other places than intakes. Now if there was a loss of power that that would be a diffrent story..
just my 2 cents
      05-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #148
NaTuReB0Y