E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Help: Doors not unlocking with key fob or button inside car...

08-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 07 E90 328i Sport

Help: Doors not unlocking with key fob or button inside car...

Not sure wtf is going on with my car....The fob isn't unlocking the doors, nor is the button inside the car.

The trunk button on the fob still works and the lock button on the fob still works, but of course only on the driver door as I can't unlock any other door....The driver's door unlocks because I use the metal key out of the fob and stick it in the door....

...so basically I can't open any door except for driver's....that also means I can't open the gas casket.....which means I'm going to hit empty soon and then I'll REALLY be fucked.....

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on, or better yet, have any ideas on how I could possibly open the gas casket? I went to BMW today and they quoted me $150+ to diagnose the problem, and suggested that it might be around a $600-$800 job to fix.....

2006 e90 btw...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Seems like a common issue with the earlier e90's. Most likely a blown fuse (#57 I believe if only the driver's side door is unaffected), and/or door lock actuators. You can pull the fuses out from behind the glove box to see.

As for the gas door there should be a manual release somewhere, although I'm not sure where exactly lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Had this happen to me as well and Kalidian is right, most likely you blew the fuse. The fuse and spares are behind the glove box. Just a heads up though, it's a pita to swap purely because of the awkward angle you'll be in leaning from the driver's side since the passenger door can't be opened. Also, there are 20ma and 15ma spare fuses and from what I've read the standard approach is to put in the 20ma one even though the stock one is only 15. I recall reading this is what BMW techs end up doing first anyway.

Also, I believe there should be a manual gas release behind the trunk liner on the gas door side.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Just a tip too, you don't need to go to the dealership for the fuse. Canadian Tire sells them and they're exactly the same ones.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Just a tip too, you don't need to go to the dealership for the fuse. Canadian Tire sells them and they're exactly the same ones.
Our cars come with spare ones. Roughly one of each that are used. You just need to find them by looking at the reference card where the fuses are. They are the ones that don't correspond to anything. Nice to see BMW didn’t go to that extreme to nickle and dime their customers for even fuses haha.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
SpeeDemoN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Had this happen to me recently. Fuse 57 was blown. Replaced with 20A.

A couple days later, the passenger door wouldn't unlock or lock with the fob and all other doors were fine.

Mentioned to SA during battery cable recall and actuators were replaced under CPO warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
John ohmaygod jr
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325i 2006

hey guys, i just had this problem and people would have to climb in my car from the driver seat, it was embarrassing but i just fixed it because it was a blown fuse. Thank you guys so much for your help, it didn't take more than 5-10 minutes to solve.
Appreciate 0