E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > First visit to dealer with Procede

02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

First visit to dealer with Procede

Took my 2011 e93 to dealer this morning. Just for oil change and rear brakes...plus some convertible top adjustments.

I did see he added the standard scope to the work order.

I put Procede in Map 0 and zeroed the DME codes earlier this week.

What is going to happen when they try to scope the car? No reading?

I was not going to pull the entire procede for an oil change. If I had other issues with engine or transmission, yeah, I would pull it.

Experiences to share?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
I was under the impression it scans as normal w/o any detection of the Procede.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was reading a post from last summer...many opinions, but it seems the consensus is for a standard oil change/scope, no need to touch anything besides putting it in map 0 and clear codes. It appeared for more diagnostics, you either remove the entire thing or just the CAN wires.

they already read the 'key' that showed the required service (e.g. oil, brakes).
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Ok, service done. Nothing mentioned.

One point tho, I had complained about my passenger window going back down when putting up my top...they said this happens as an anti-trap function and they can adjust.

However, they couldnt duplicate it and the tech said 'there were no codes at all with this car...completely clean'.

I had zeroed them yesterday....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

The scope service is not a scan on the car, the tester never gets hooked to the car during a "scope" service.

Also on the N55 with a Procede on the car and it is scanned, it still will not scan the car or detect the car in the system even on MAP 0. The 2 CAN wires must be disconnected for the BMW system to ID the car. The rest of the wiring can stay, just the 2 DME wires from the Procede have to be disconnected. TRUST me on this.

They never scanned your car. I can assure you

Also for your Anti trap issue. There is a very very specific bulletin on how to fix that issue. It is NOT a window adjustment, do not let them touch your windows, its going going to fix the problem and they will probably make it worse and at worst case introduce water leaks

Last edited by Juiced46; 02-08-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
The scope service is not a scan on the car, the tester never gets hooked to the car during a "scope" service.

Also on the N55 with a Procede on the car and it is scanned, it still will not scan the car or detect the car in the system even on MAP 0. The 2 CAN wires must be disconnected for the BMW system to ID the car. The rest of the wiring can stay, just the 2 DME wires from the Procede have to be disconnected. TRUST me on this.

They never scanned your car. I can assure you

Also for your Anti trap issue. There is a very very specific bulletin on how to fix that issue. It is NOT a window adjustment, do not let them touch your windows, its going going to fix the problem and they will probably make it worse and at worst case introduce water leaks
To be clear, the red and blue CAN bus wires can be removed ONLY and the also put unit in Map 0 and clear codes...then the car can be scanned and deemed stock electronically? What about the 12V power? Remove that prior to disconnecting the CAN wires? keep power to the Procede even after the CAN wires are disconnected?

Lastly, do you know the bulletin # for the anti-trap you mention? They did nothing to my windows...they only lubed the seals on the top itself.

I only noticed they had a little yellow/grey handheld device and looked like they may have plugged into the OBD port.

thx
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Juiced46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
To be clear, the red and blue CAN bus wires can be removed ONLY and the also put unit in Map 0 and clear codes...then the car can be scanned and deemed stock electronically? What about the 12V power? Remove that prior to disconnecting the CAN wires? keep power to the Procede even after the CAN wires are disconnected?

Lastly, do you know the bulletin # for the anti-trap you mention? They did nothing to my windows...they only lubed the seals on the top itself.

I only noticed they had a little yellow/grey handheld device and looked like they may have plugged into the OBD port.

thx
Correct. You ONLY need to remove the red and blue CAN bus wires. Nothing else. Power to the Procede is OK and put on Map 0.

If they used a handheld yellow scanner, that is NOT the BMW equipment. The BMW stuff will not scan with everything hooked up I can assure you.

SIB # is 51 10 11
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #8
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Can you get a DME update with Procede installed? Should I disconnect the above wires?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
Juiced46
Major
Rep

You MUST disconnect the CAN wires to update the DME
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States