E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > after market head unit ...

09-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
BigLeagueChew
Rep
Drives: 330i

after market head unit ...

Just bought a 06'model 330i it had an after market head unit in it and now a sensor signal came on for the wheel angle sensor. BMW tells carmax sensor will not calibrate nor will the light out with this head unit installed. Carmax, which is where I bought the car, says they are going to try one more type of programming to see if they can get the radio to work. They have already tried one type of programming and it failed. Are chances any better with this "different type" of programming? Anyone ever heard of this? What are my chances of getting to keep the after market unit? Should I just give in and let them install a BMW radio? If so,what kind of BMW unit would you guys suggest? Meaning, do I have to get a 2006 model BMW radio or can a brand new 2011-12 model fit the car? They owe me some consideration because they have had the car now 11 days and counting. The car does not have I-Drive. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I love this car!

Last edited by BigLeagueChew; 09-14-2011 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
jbimmer3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

You can buy a used radio, get the car coded to fix the problem. Then put the aftermarket back in. Kind of a pain in the ass. In the future you could relocate the stock radio to the truck so coding can always be done and you will be able to use your aftermarket all the time.

Car pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

That's why people do this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=dynavin
Appreciate 0