E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Crevier BMW, they can shove it!!

04-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #23
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
if one dealership voids warranty can't you just go to another dealer stock or does the report get saved on the vin so when another dealer checks the car it says warranty void?
My belief was that it was tied to the VIN.
      04-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #24
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Why the heck would you leave a tune on your car??
Esecially when it's so easy to take off?
+1
      04-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
if one dealership voids warranty can't you just go to another dealer stock or does the report get saved on the vin so when another dealer checks the car it says warranty void?
nope. it gets reported into the central database, so any dealer will know.
      04-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #26
Winston Wolf
Tax Paying, Gun Toting American Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Sorry for your mistake, but just another fine reason to go with DINAN! The price tag doen't seem so bad now, does it.......
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #27
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Sorry for your mistake, but just another fine reason to go with DINAN! The price tag doen't seem so bad now, does it.......
the numbers sure do though
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #28
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

also, since you work or own a Tuning company... GT Pro, why couldn't you have taken it off beforehand? I'm assuming you have all the equipment to install mod parts, so it wouldve been super easy for you to take them off as well.. it shouldn't have been a problem..? no?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #29
BOOST3D
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i

same guy voided my warranty for having dps, intercooler and a blow off valve but i knew it was going to happen...
if you were worried about your warranty you should have taken the tune out.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 03:57 AM   #30
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO View Post
Well guys, my 2008 E92 is officially been blacklisted for warranty. The car has 2200 miles on it, and has horrid gas mileage from day one 13mpg approx. Got a SSTT in the hopes that it would help out, but after the car went in to CREVIER BMW, the service writer knew the car was modded, and was cool with it, and during the process NEVER told me the factory rep was going to inspect my car, well guess what?? The rep came, saw the car and VOIDED my factory warranty!! The service writers name is TODD at Crevier, anyone who has a modded car STAY AWAY FROM CREVIER!!!
You don't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Why the hell did you buy the SSTT for? It installs and uninstalls in minutes!!!!

YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #31
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

wow.

i mean if it were a procede, jb, aa proceessor, or any other piggyback - then sure fine.

but you left your turbo tuner installed? ease of installation/uninstallation is the reason 90% of the people buy this product

thats like getting a condom and putting a hole in it before you put it on.... what's the point?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #32
Brian GT PRO
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i E92

Thank you for all the hazing guys, I deserve it...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #33
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayx1989 View Post
same guy voided my warranty for having dps, intercooler and a blow off valve but i knew it was going to happen...
if you were worried about your warranty you should have taken the tune out.
wow... obviously that guy is a douchebag
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #34
Brian GT PRO
United_States
Rep

BTW, there was exact reasoning I left it in. My salesman Frank (a very good guy BTW), knew I was going to be modding the car from day one, and somewhat encouraged me to bring the car back so he can see and experience the mods. The car went in for the sunroof *anti-trap* malfunction, and in light conversation on the phone later that day with Todd (SA), I mentioned that the car had poor gas mileage since day one, and asked if that was normal. That's all.. He then took it upon himself to start poking around, he found the mod, and in a round about way asked me if I had done any mods, my answer was yes (I don't lie), he said *oh, ok, no problem*, and we got off the phone. Well, the next day I get a call from Todd saying the factory rep came over to look at my car, and saw the mod, blacklisted my car and my warranty is now void.

BTW: for those here poking around about my intellect or intelligence, education or financial status, I feel that it really is a cheap shot at me, I do not know any of you on a personal basis, so I think this is really *off topic* that is not appropriate to discuss here on a chat board. I know it was not a great idea to use the *F* word here, however sometimes we all loose our cool, and for this I appologize if I offended anyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #35
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

well, this would give you more of a reason to mod your car now!

they can't void any other parts besides the strict engine parts, so I would go have fun and do some turbo/manifolds/etc... mods.

if you think about it this way, it was going to happen sooner than later if you really plan to mod the sucker. it sucks that the guy seems to be a bit misleading when it comes to allowing modded cars.

he seems to be a bit sleezy in saying "no problem, bring it in" and then turn around and blacklist the car. this is a big warning sign with two cars from the same SA. sounds like a backstabber.

There are plenty of SA's that would continue to work on the car, and then give notification that for a particular problem with a vehicle, mods directly related will cause issues with warranty.

my old SA from my modded m3 was awsome. i came in with the car freshly dropped. he looked at it, and said "you know, you may have some issues with warranty with that car". I asked like what, and he said "you know, your shocks and springs" I'm like no sh*t. No problem replacing wheel bearings, TA bushings, diff, half shafts, checking for subframe.

I would check recommendations from others here regarding SA's in your area before servicing a car, modded or stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #36
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico335 View Post
wow... obviously that guy is a douchebag
????

He is a douchebag because he is doing his job and looking out for the company he works for.

Why should BMW pay for repairs on a highly modded car?

I am not against modding at all, just expect your warranty to be voided.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #37
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
????

He is a douchebag because he is doing his job and looking out for the company he works for.

Why should BMW pay for repairs on a highly modded car?

I am not against modding at all, just expect your warranty to be voided.
i have catless dps and an intercooler just like hayx1989 and my dealer has yet to void my warranty. obviously some dealers, or service advisors, are more lenient then others
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #38
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico335 View Post
i have catless dps and an intercooler just like hayx1989 and my dealer has yet to void my warranty. obviously some dealers, or service advisors, are more lenient then others
Crevier had a factory rep look at his car to evaluate the problem.

Let me know what happens when you have a factory rep come inspect your car for a problem. I am sure they will not be amused. Or when your problem is related to one of your mods.

Its just the risk you run with modding. Oh well
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #39
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
the turbo tuner isnt even an ecu tune, its basically like a manual boost controller, all it does is increase the psi... thing that should be voided is your turbo warranty not your engine as a whole... I would go ape shit on them if they ever blacklisted my car.. the rep. would have a black eye.
And you would spend a pleasant night in jail and a few enjoyable months getting a$$ raped in civil court.

Seriously, why do so many of you think that you can get a dealer to cave by throwing a hissy fit or because of who your dad is or blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.

Once these guys call it you are either going to have to pony up the $$ to hire a lawyer and fight it or have some strings to pull. Otherwise they'll just sit back and wait for you to finish, gently chuckle, then call security to haul your ass off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #40
Brian GT PRO
United_States
Rep

It's understood, however...The car's ability to drink fuel is rediculous even without any mods on it, and to be honest I would have ZERO issues if I blew the motor or killed the turbos and they would not cover that under warranty, I have NO issues with that, as that would be a directly related mod that possibly caused the issue..I don't mind paying for anything I directly break, it's the cost of playing, BUT I DO have an issue when the mod has no effect on what I'm asking them to look at and diagnose. I will also have to retract, I meant that I had a JBS2HR in the car, I was testing it vs the SSTT, I posted incorrectly that it was a SSTT left in.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 11:50 PM   #41
Brian GT PRO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeya1 View Post
"he found the mod, and in a round about way asked me if I had done any mods, my answer was yes (I don't lie), he said *oh, ok, no problem". Well, it seems like you made mistake after mistake, by admitting that you had the mod, you pretty much hammered the nails into your coffin. You think your that a much of a better person because you were honest?? Come on, give me a break, the car dealers lie to stay in business, its there forte.
That may be true my friend, I just don't do things that way...I know you and others will say I'm a dumb-A** for being honest, but that is who I am...just a dumb-A** honest guy...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #42
BOOST3D
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i

i took my car in for the sqeeking sound from my brakes and he said it was ok that they weren't going to touch or look at anything else, well they ended up voiding the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #43
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO View Post
Well guys, my 2008 E92 is officially been blacklisted for warranty. The car has 2200 miles on it, and has horrid gas mileage from day one 13mpg approx. Got a SSTT in the hopes that it would help out, but after the car went in to CREVIER BMW, the service writer knew the car was modded, and was cool with it, and during the process NEVER told me the factory rep was going to inspect my car, well guess what?? The rep came, saw the car and VOIDED my factory warranty!! The service writers name is TODD at Crevier, anyone who has a modded car STAY AWAY FROM CREVIER!!!

This is my last BMW (and to think I was getting my wife a E90, and one of my best friends a E92 M3, well fuck that, we're NOT going to do that anymore)
so your not going to do it because you fucked up?

all you had to do was take the sstt out!!! it takes 20 sec wtf is the big deal? why take the chance?

so b/c you modded your car full knowing it could void your warranty you won't buy another bmw? ummm buddy audi would do the same...so would merc so would any car manufacturuer out there...i know your pist but this is your fault..everytime take it out...hell the sstt is built for that
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #44
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
so your not going to do it because you fucked up?

all you had to do was take the sstt out!!! it takes 20 sec wtf is the big deal? why take the chance?

so b/c you modded your car full knowing it could void your warranty you won't buy another bmw? ummm buddy audi would do the same...so would merc so would any car manufacturuer out there...i know your pist but this is your fault..everytime take it out...hell the sstt is built for that
agreed - it's almost like the people who bring their TV's back to Best Buy or something after watching the superbowl, they get charged a 10% restocking fee, and yell that they will never shop at Best Buy again.

You do something you know can void your rights (open the item, mod the car), you run the risk of getting burned. Just don't completely wave off the company (best buy / bmw) for their policy.
Appreciate 0