E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC indicator across top of screen

02-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
RedSled
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 M Sport

Question CIC indicator across top of screen

I'm not sure how to explain this but every once in awhile a small bar will drop down at the top of the iDrive screen with some indicators on it and then rapidly disappear. I cannot tell you what is included on this small drop down because it usually disappears as quickly as it appears. Anyone know what this is?

BEU
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Are you accidentally brushing the programmable buttons (1-6) in front of the shifter? That menu only drops down with you touch one of those buttons.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
RedSled
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Are you accidentally brushing the programmable buttons (1-6) in front of the shifter? That menu only drops down with you touch one of those buttons.
not touching anything. happens randomly while i'm driving. got a glimpse of it this afternoon and I saw a series of radio tower icons. does it have something to do with satellite radio? do you know what the menu is for?

BEU
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
RedSled
Second Lieutenant
Rep

update: went out and tried reproducing the drop down menu and it does appear when you come anywhere near the 1-6 buttons. Wow, these things are sensitive! The drop down is just to identify which radio selection you are currently using FYI.

BEU
Appreciate 0