E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMW iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Functions, Bluetooth and Y-Cable Overview and FAQ

02-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #67
alexwhittemore
Major

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelord7 View Post
When I play songs through my iphone (ycable with apple adapter), only the track name shows up on the car display (non idrive). Is there a way to set it so the artist and track name show up on the display?

I've searched and read the manual with no luck.

thanks
No, but you can click the "track" button to see artist and album for the current song.
      02-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #68
idrive300
Registered

Drives: 2011 E92 M Sport 6MT

So I apologize if this has already been answered, but you do not need to have the BMW Assist subscription for this to work? My 2011 E92 Assist subscription will run out in a few months and I was looking for a way to still have bluetooth without having to pay $199 for another subscription. Thank you!
      02-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #69
alexwhittemore
Major

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive300 View Post
So I apologize if this has already been answered, but you do not need to have the BMW Assist subscription for this to work? My 2011 E92 Assist subscription will run out in a few months and I was looking for a way to still have bluetooth without having to pay $199 for another subscription. Thank you!
You don't need to be subscribed, no. You just need the module that also handles the subscription service.
      04-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #70
D's Bimmer
Captain

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

So my work is "upgrading" our cellphones from Blackberry's to iphone 5s's. At present, I use my Blackberry for Bluetooth and Navi in the idrive and it works great. I have a personal iphone 4 that I plug in using the BMW y-cable in the centre console for music.

In reading all this, can I actually use the new iphone 5s for bluetooth phone and navi functionality like I had with my Blackberry and still get a new y-cable to plug it into the centre console for music?

Help
2011 335i M-Sport Sedan | Dinan Stage II Tune | Bilstein B12 l M3 Suspension Upgrade l BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance Front Grill | OEM Euro M-Sport | 19" Volk Forged Performance ME's | JL Audio HD 900 | Morel Hybrid Components | JL Audio W3v3
D's Bimmer is offline   Canada