E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Carbon Fiber inserts for Performance Diffuser?

01-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

Carbon Fiber inserts for Performance Diffuser?

Anyone know where I can get them? or anything to fill those areas? the left and right slots, and the middle finned part...

Last edited by exclusivo; 01-17-2013 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

i know the middle part is available, but its not cheap. Check tischer. As for the other parts, i would just wrap them.
      01-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

yea, guess I'm gonna have to wrap. I wish I could get a real carbon insert since I'm getting a csl trunk with exposed cf in the license plate section, and I wanted it to match
      01-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
Anyone know where I can get them? or anything to fill those areas? the left and right slots, and the middle finned part...
> Nothing available premade for the left/right/center slots.

> OEM CF/cleared finned center section available for Sport Diffuser - E90 ONLY

> Aftermarket CF/cleared finned section molded overlay available from forum vendor (JL-Motoring), but the cost is more than the entire OEM iS/Sport Diffuser cost

http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E92_3...p/bmdi9214.htm

With that being said, I ordered CF/cleared sheet that has adhesive backing already on it from Dragon Plate:

http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=65

I made cardboard patterns of the end slot stickers and center slot insert, traced onto CF sheet, and cut out (you can cut the stuff with a good pair of scissors easily). I then attached to my iS/Sport diffuser & voila! had matching CF to rest of exterior parts.

I was in same boat as you - OEM M3 CF Mirror Covers, CF Grilles, CF Eyelids, rear spoiler with exposed CF edge - wanted CF on diffuser, but didn't want to wrap as it would not match rest of stuff.

For now I have the finned section in matte black, but I might break down at some point and buy the aftermarket molded overlay...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
> Nothing available premade for the left/right/center slots.

> OEM CF/cleared finned center section available for Sport Diffuser - E90 ONLY

> Aftermarket CF/cleared finned section molded overlay available from forum vendor (JL-Motoring), but the cost is more than the entire OEM iS/Sport Diffuser cost

http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E92_3...p/bmdi9214.htm

With that being said, I ordered CF/cleared sheet that has adhesive backing already on it from Dragon Plate:

http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=65

I made cardboard patterns of the end slot stickers and center slot insert, traced onto CF sheet, and cut out (you can cut the stuff with a good pair of scissors easily). I then attached to my iS/Sport diffuser & voila! had matching CF to rest of exterior parts.

I was in same boat as you - OEM M3 CF Mirror Covers, CF Grilles, CF Eyelids, rear spoiler with exposed CF edge - wanted CF on diffuser, but didn't want to wrap as it would not match rest of stuff.

For now I have the finned section in matte black, but I might break down at some point and buy the aftermarket molded overlay...
good idea, do you have pics?

JL motoring doesnt make the center attachment for the e90. Funny thing is, I bought the cf JL motoring diffuser years ago when I was going to go mtech, but later changed my mind and sold it. I then converted a year later and bought the performance diffuser.