E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My fucking head hurts !!!!!!!!!!!

08-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

My fucking head hurts !!!!!!!!!!!

I`d appreciate some guidance here guys, as most of you know my introduction into ///M ownership hasn`t exactly been a bed of roses.
The car (which I collected from Stratstone Hull last Fri) has been at a main dealer in Edinburgh since Mon. The front brake discs were replaced and today a buckled wheel was replaced with a straight one thats covered in marks (although in fairness, Stratstone did say they`d pay to get it re-furbed)
The noise with the diff is still there and after driving it 50 miles the vibration is now worse than ever, so bad in fact I`ve just rang the assist people as I don`t want to drive it any further.
While in Edinburgh I got Justin to look at the car and it seems the spring has been replaced recently on the same corner as the buckled wheel and there`s signs of overspray and the susp. arm.
I`ve just spoken to Stratstone AGAIN and they`ve now offered to reverse the deal (basically get someone to drive my car up to me and swap over and refund the deposit.)
However I don`t want my diesel E90 back as I`ve bought a diesel Mondeo for everyday use and hence it would be surplus to requirements.
I also have the added problem that the ///M is now wearing my personalised plates .
I`ve told Stratstone that I don`t want the 325d back and they can come and collect the ///M and cancel the finance agreement on it. Is this right, wrong ? What the fcuk do I do about my plate ?

I feel like doing someone some proper damage.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Mike,
Can't Stratstone source another M3 for you? They are a bloody big dealer network, failing that they surely can source another from another main agent or group? Whilst they sort that out and get your plate back on retention I would ask for a courtesy car of some sort to tide you over. I don't have any experience of rejecting a car but you would have thought they would be wanting to keep your business.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
I would refer them to the statement that BMW make on their website regarding approved used cars: (BMW UK site > AUC > BMW Commitment)

BMW commitment
We are completely confident in the quality of our Approved Used BMWs. So much so, that if we are unable to resolve a demonstrable fault arising within the first 30 days/1000 miles of your ownership (whichever is sooner), you will be entitled to an exchange, or a refund if an appropriate exchange cannot be found**.
**This does not affect your statutory rights

I would suggest that as they have failed to resolve a demonstable fault (which both your local BMW dealer and the local Statstone group representative have agreed is present) then by the terms of the above statement they should either find you a suitable replacement vehicle or refund you if they cannot. According to the above you do not have to accept your old car back.

Clearly the M3 that they sold you is not fit for purpose, maybe through a botched repair that they have not disclosed to you. Therefore they should also arrange for the return of your personal plate to you and meet any additional costs that are incurred through the finance and reg transfer.

Best of luck,

Matt.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Mike,
Can't Stratstone source another M3 for you? They are a bloody big dealer network, failing that they surely can source another from another main agent or group? Whilst they sort that out and get your plate back on retention I would ask for a courtesy car of some sort to tide you over. I don't have any experience of rejecting a car but you would have thought they would be wanting to keep your business.
I don't think he has the M3. He has an E90 M-Sport. Correct me if I'm wrong.
      08-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Yer wrong

He's traded the 325d for an E46 M3 covertible and bought a Mondeo as a daily driver.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
mikey mikey mikey

im so gutted for you, you were so happy about getting an m3 and enjoyed what a few days?!

such a shame, but the car isnt right for you... its a crash repaired car done really badly.. the car may even suffer further problems down the line, you would be doing the right thing to cancel the whole thing.. take your time go out out and now buy on impulse thats the worst thing you could do.... take a few weeks out in the mondy and then decide your next move!!

maybe even try a few other m3's but look far and wide for the best one!!! get your own independant inspection to be 100% safe!!

tell you what get a CSL a proper hardcore m3 which you could really enjoy trackdaying at the weekends:rocks:

or maybe even A 335i? or maybe leave the bmw marque altogether!!

whatever you do, GOOD LUCK and make sure you do whats best for YOU buddy

Carlos
      08-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
red355
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: RS4 Avant V8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
mikey mikey mikey

maybe even try a few other m3's but look far and wide for the best one!!! get your own independant inspection to be 100% safe!!

tell you what get a CSL a proper hardcore m3 which you could really enjoy trackdaying at the weekends:rocks:

Carlos
sensible words from carlos

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by red355 View Post
sensible words from carlos
= oxymoron (usually)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Take your diesel back, and be well shot of this dealer. Then immediately go elsewhere and get a good deal on a mint M3 and live happily ever after?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #10
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Thanks guys, I`m starting to calm down and think more logically now.
The way I see it, once the diff has been replaced the cars all good, (if I buy a different car, I could have the potential to go through all this again because at the end of the day no matter how much you test drive a used car or look around it your always going to find things a few days later)

The Non warranty items (discs and wheel) have now been done and charged to Stratstones, therefore I don`t need to stress myself by dealing with them anymore.

I`ve also had athe car back up on ramps and had a good poke aroung underneath and nothing looks as `tho its been disturbed (all bolts etc. are in the same condition on both sides of the car) and I`ve also been told that any impact involving the rear susp would deform the lower camber arm (this is designed to collapse to save other components) and this doesn`t look as `tho anyones been anywhere near it.

So I guess the dealers explanation that there was a scratch down the side that was painted could explain the tiny patch of overspray, esp. if the wheel was taken off to "blow" it into the arch, the wheel liner was def. masked up as I can still see the dirt line and snapped springs are quite common on E46`s.

The assist guy came to look at it, confirmed its the diff and I have to drive it slowly to my local dealer tomorrow, where there`ll be a BMW hire car for me. (like for like would be nice `tho in reality it`ll prob. be an E90/2.)

Last edited by mikem; 12-16-2007 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 01:35 AM   #11
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Crazy week 4 you

sorry to hear about all your grief this last week ,The big plus for you is the dealer picking up the tab my next door neighbour bought a z4 private and he has thrown money at it to get it right
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #12
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Glad to hear it is getting sorted Mike. Once its all done you can just enjoy it and in the not too distant future it will seem like a distant memory.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 05:10 AM   #13
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Thanks guys, I`m starting to calm down and think more logically now.
The way I see it, once the diff has been replaced the cars all good, (if I buy a different car, I could have the potential to go through all this again because at the end of the day no matter how much you test drive a used car or look around it your always going to find things a few days later)

The Non warranty items (discs and wheel) have now been done and charged to Stratstones, therefore I don`t need to stress myself by dealing with them anymore.

I`ve also had athe car back up on ramps and had a good poke aroung underneath and nothing looks as `tho its been disturbed (all bolts etc. are in the same condition on both sides of the car) and I`ve also been told that any impact involving the rear susp would deform the lower camber arm (this is designed to collapse to save other components) and this doesn`t look as `tho anyones been anywhere near it.

So I guess the dealers explanation that there was a scratch down the side that was painted could explain the tiny patch of overspray, esp. if the wheel was taken off to "blow" it into the arch, the wheel liner was def. masked up as I can still see the dirt line and snapped springs are quite common on E46`s.

The assist guy came to look at it, confirmed its the diff and I have to drive it slowly to my local dealer tomorrow, where there`ll be a BMW hire car for me. (like for like would be nice `tho in reality it`ll prob. be an E90/2.)
I have to say ... I'd be sending it back and pushing for a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 07:01 AM   #14
peppernick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Demanding for another car may not be the most appropriate way forward, especially if Mike likes the car he's got. There's no guarantee you will not get another one with problems. At least with this one, you know the problems aren't major (parts easily replaceable) and you have the 1 year AUC warranty to make use of. Find out the problems, use the AUC warranty to put them right (BMW replaces parts, they don't repair) and you will in the end have a car that is very mechanically sound. Unless you are facing stubborn electrical problems, or significant chassis damage, I would stick with what you've got at get it right.
      08-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #15
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
Demanding for another car may not be the most appropriate way forward, especially if Mike likes the car he's got. There's no guarantee you will not get another one with problems. At least with this one, you know the problems aren't major (parts easily replaceable) and you have the 1 year AUC warranty to make use of. Find out the problems, use the AUC warranty to put them right (BMW replaces parts, they don't repair) and you will in the end have a car that is very mechanically sound. Unless you are facing stubborn electrical problems, or significant chassis damage, I would stick with what you've got at get it right.
It's a judgement call and I don't blame Mike for sticking with it if he likes the car (which he must or he wouldn't have bought it).
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #16
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

I'm With NFS on this one Mikem's done well to not lose all confidence in the car ,cos' i think i would have
Appreciate 0