E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Kinda disappointing 1/8 mile results

03-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
hrc630
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Sorry about the delay in reply I wasnt referenced. Had to come browsning in here manually

I would go with a water to air intercooler anytime over using meth. Again this is preference. Meth is something that need to be tuned for to take full advantage of it. Water to Air cooling you dont and it will help with better timing and AFRs. Meth can do the same thing and alows you to increase boost, however, I dont trust meth. I have seen one guy get water logged from using meth, and too many cars catch on fire due to some freak accident leak.

It is a proven fact that after tuning a car and throwing it on a dyno same day, the dumbers you get that day are worse case number where the DME has not fully adapted yet

You can see anywhere up to a 5% increase. I have seena guy dyno his car on a car that was already settled on a tune and when he reset the adaptation and dyno again his dyno results was significanly less

You will only see a decrease if something adaptive related to performance is reset. Then ya got to start building it back up again.
BuraQ, i have read a lot of your post and i think you need to not forget that we talk of Diesel tuning here... For Diesel, the meth is one of the very best option and is proven everywhere and very safe in the Diesel world...
A water to air cooler in a Diesel is really not needed since a diesel run lower air intake temp than a std car. Even our stock intercooler are efficient.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc630 View Post
BuraQ, i have read a lot of your post and i think you need to not forget that we talk of Diesel tuning here... For Diesel, the meth is one of the very best option and is proven everywhere and very safe in the Diesel world...
A water to air cooler in a Diesel is really not needed since a diesel run lower air intake temp than a std car. Even our stock intercooler are efficient.
Ah then agreed
Appreciate 0