E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Desperately need help. Multiple misfires and DTC-36FD

04-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
JWG335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive

Desperately need help. Multiple misfires and DTC-36FD

Hey guys, newbie here... and I apologize if this is a very silly question. I'm having issues with my 2011 335i Xdrive. Threw different codes after going into limp mode with a "service engine soon" light flashing and the old half engine block on the dash. It threw

2BF8-rail pressure sensor, signal permanently stuck
2C01- High fuel pressure, plausibility Pressure too low
2EFE-Misfire, several cylinders: damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas
2F01-Misfire, Cylinder 3
2F02-Cylinder 4
2EFF- cylinder 1
2EE0- Combustion misfiring, several cylinders fuel injection deactivation
2EE4-Combustion misfiring, cylinder 1 fuel injection deactivation
2EEA-Combustion misfiring, cylinder 3 fuel injection deactivation
2EED-Combustion misfiring, cylinder 4 Fuel injection deactivation

I was able to drive it to the dealership I work at, because after I restarted the car, it ran just fine. They cleared the codes and told me to drive it over night to see if anything popped back up. Something did.

DTC-36FD

Which appears to having something to do with my main relay/fuse box

I should note, my father in-law did just put a new cold air intake on the vehicle. Also the mechanic that worked on my vehicle left the ignition on when he was working on it and the car died. Had to be restarted and the computers reset. Maybe the DTC-36FD is stemming from that?

64000 miles.

Anyone have any similar experiences or maybe some words of wisdom I may be able to use? Just put 2k worth of work into this car that I just bought 45 days ago. Replaced the water pump and thermostat. Its my dream car and I love it, so I'm hoping this may just be a simple fix.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0