E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 coding

04-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
terminator2k2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

E90 coding

Hi there , I've just installed a cic in my 2006 e90.

I've so far changed the vehicle order in cas but when I try to change it in frm everything goes fine till I try to process ecu ,it's no longer in the list of ecus. There's only nfrm.

So Ive left that for now and expert mode coded the cic and kombi and everything seems ok apart from the cd changer isn't working properly. It starts to play a track and then resets the cic back to the fm radio.

I've also tried to use man profile to read the cic but for some reason it will not read and is giving me a error.

update:
1. for some unknown reason I put a mp3 disk in the changer and it played ok, and now the cds were playing ok aswell....strange......will have to keep an eye on that one.

2.i noticed tonight when i got out of the car with the key in hand and lights left on, the lights were actualy off and not on side lights as normal.

where has this come from?

Chris

Last edited by terminator2k2; 04-03-2014 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
Hi there , I've just installed a cic in my 2006 e90.

I've so far changed the vehicle order in cas but when I try to change it in frm everything goes fine till I try to process ecu ,it's no longer in the list of ecus. There's only nfrm.

So Ive left that for now and expert mode coded the cic and kombi and everything seems ok apart from the cd changer isn't working properly. It starts to play a track and then resets the cic back to the fm radio.

I've also tried to use man profile to read the cic but for some reason it will not read and is giving me a error.

update:
1. for some unknown reason I put a mp3 disk in the changer and it played ok, and now the cds were playing ok aswell....strange......will have to keep an eye on that one.

2.i noticed tonight when i got out of the car with the key in hand and lights left on, the lights were actualy off and not on side lights as normal.

where has this come from?

Chris
frm for older cars
nfrm for newer cars

so thyre botht he same frm/nfrm
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
terminator2k2
First Lieutenant
Rep

so ive read it might be something to do with the kombi module....

will have to take a look tomorrow.....

in the mean time, anyone already had this?

chris

Last edited by terminator2k2; 04-03-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
terminator2k2
First Lieutenant
Rep

ok so far today ive added $698 for dvd region 2 to vo and I think ive coded out vim.

im still a bit confused regarding the cd changer. it reads mp3 disks ok but not cds......if I read the mp3 disk first it will then read cds.......strange one....

still no where with the lights, i used to get side lights on when I left the lights on full and the key out of the ignition. they now go off completely until I put the switch back on side lights....
Appreciate 0