E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Russel BMW

04-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Russel BMW

Friend of mine who's in the Military purchased a BMW from the Military Sales outlet of BMW....So he's going to be stationed back in MD, this guy is a Veteran of Both Gulf Wars..as you know our Military people are not the best payed and BMW offers the cars at a discounted price as a way to say "THANK YOU".....but heres the kicker..he went to Russel to introduce himself and to say hey, my car is going to be delivered here, I'd like to make contact with you, I want you guys to handle my service..and by the way I want to purchase some after market options....All of a sudden the manger of the dealer is like..excuse me sir, I have been here for 7 years..we don't want Military Sales cars here, and we don't want them delivered to the dealer ship...so go else where..........THAT IS FUCKED UP period..it not like the car is sent there for free...and the fracking dealer gets about $300 for just taking delivery of the car..I think this is really a messed up way to show our troops how we take care of them..Being from Baltimore, and knowing Russel when it was just a Toyota dealer, and before that it was called Jerrys Chevrolet..is fucked up, and to all buyers this is what this guy and his dealerships thinks of our fine Military members current and former...he's saying go %^&* ya-self. I hope you all read this and let them know you can't treat our troops like crap.
JEDI
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Have your friend contact the local newspapers. Negative publicity for anyone not supporting our troops is definitely called for.

MD
(retired Air Force MSgt)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I just don't get the stupidity of some dealers. But it makes me appreciate mine all that much more.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Sad part this is where I was going to have my car deliverd when I came back home...just bought a Condo in Bethesda Md...guess not...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
F!ckin Jerks!!!
      04-09-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
e46rocket
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW 325i

do not do business with Russell BMW. They have some of the worst service in the area, the most rude people, and the dealership looks so ghetto. A while ago my alternator broke and I had my car towed there, they tried to convince me that my battery blew too (which costs an extra few hundred dollars) which I didnt quite believe them. They think because I had my car towed there I had no choice but accept what they told me. Fortunately I had a friend who had a tow truck so I had the car towed to Towson the next day and they said my battery was fine (as i thought) and just need a new alternator. Those scumbags at Russell tried to scam me. Go to Tischer BMW or BMW of Towson instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #7
ck1129
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Report them to BMW NA. Both of those story's.

Coming soon : Black and White BMW roundels, Black out grill.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #8
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1129 View Post
Report them to BMW NA. Both of those story's.
+1....and tell the local newspaper. ...Knuckleheads.
      04-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #9
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Should have told him to kiss your and to go :finger: himself and his Ghetto dealership.
      04-09-2007, 02:17 AM   #10
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Obviously if what the OP wrote is true, then these people deserve to be burned at the stake....BUT...

before you crucify a business, you need to get the other side of the story. I would solicit a response from the ownership of this particular dealer before you go too far. Whether or not people support the current President's policies with regards to the War in Iraq, nearly 100% of people support our military including ME (I have two relatives stationed in Kuwait and Baghdad).

The idea that anyone would conduct themselves in the way that the OP described is really surprising to me. I can't imagine a person reacting in that way under any circumstances, much less at a BMW dealership...
      04-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #11
nimamilani
ni2009
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I

if i were your friend i would not only contact the press but also write letters to BMWNA and the headquarters in Germany. If they treat someone, especially a troop, like that; they ought to have their license revoked.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:36 AM   #12
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
Obviously if what the OP wrote is true, then these people deserve to be burned at the stake....BUT...

before you crucify a business, you need to get the other side of the story. I would solicit a response from the ownership of this particular dealer before you go too far. Whether or not people support the current President's policies with regards to the War in Iraq, nearly 100% of people support our military including ME (I have two relatives stationed in Kuwait and Baghdad).

The idea that anyone would conduct themselves in the way that the OP described is really surprising to me. I can't imagine a person reacting in that way under any circumstances, much less at a BMW dealership...
Man damn there is always som nmby pamby...dude like you
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:37 AM   #13
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Well tell ya what all Russel has to do is come on line and explain their position..you have a jury that will listen....(BUT I GOT THE ROPE JUST IN CASE):rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #14
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

just e-mail this thread link to the dealership. As for the dealership, Stuff them.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:58 AM   #15
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Man damn there is always som nmby pamby...dude like you
Ok, you need to BACK OFF. I'm on your side. Obviously you didn't read my whole post before you replied so I will give you a break. I have family in Iraq and support them 200%. The people on forum are smart. Don't be an idiot and assume that everyone is going to fall in line and agree with you just because you play the "military" card in your OP. I already said these assholes should be burned at the stake.

There are at least two sides to every story, and then there's the truth. I guarantee you whoever your friend talked to doesn't speak for the dealership owners. The bottom line is that regardless of personal opinion, the those serving in our military deserve our utmost respect. Therefore, we need to get rid of that person. This is resolved very easily:

1.) Your friend calls the dealership and talks to the Ownership

2.) the Ownership terminates the CA your friend talked to

3.) Your friend takes delivery of the vehicle. A vehicle they deserve more than anyone else on this forum.

4.) Some shithead joins the others at the unemployment office.

That's it.
      04-09-2007, 03:24 AM   #16
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
Ok, you need to BACK OFF. I'm on your side. Obviously you didn't read my whole post before you replied so I will give you a break. I have family in Iraq and support them 200%. The people on forum are smart. Don't be an idiot and assume that everyone is going to fall in line and agree with you just because you play the "military" card in your OP. I already said these assholes should be burned at the stake.

There are at least two sides to every story, and then there's the truth. I guarantee you whoever your friend talked to doesn't speak for the dealership owners. The bottom line is that regardless of personal opinion, the those serving in our military deserve our utmost respect. Therefore, we need to get rid of that person. This is resolved very easily:

1.) Your friend calls the dealership and talks to the Ownership

2.) the Ownership terminates the CA your friend talked to

3.) Your friend takes delivery of the vehicle. A vehicle they deserve more than anyone else on this forum.

4.) Some shithead joins the others at the unemployment office.

That's it.
Relax calm down former devil dog myself I was pulling ya funny bone...I read the whole thing and your right..2 sides to a story.....here have a beer on me what ya drinking:rocks: ..it wasn't the CA is was the sales Manager......and he said in 7 years he'd been there they haven't taken any deliverys of Military Sales cars.......I saw action in South America(PANAMA) so it's really close to me when stuff like this happens.......here's ya beer
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:25 AM   #17
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Hope ya like OE
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 05:09 AM   #18
jjhan85
J-Han
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i jetblack

Garage List
damn...i got my car at russell...and i knew something wasn't right with them. When they brought in my car from the truck, and they scratched the side of my door a little bit...either them or the people who washed the car at the dealership (they did a horrible job)..so about a week or two later they told us to bring it back so they can fix it. They have this one guy who does only paint...come in on tuesdays or some BS...works outside to do the touch up paint and shit...And i was like...ok....thats weird...so this guy who does the paint is outside in the HOT sun about 80 degrees trying to do the job. I go back outside and he was saying how he can't do it becuase the paint keeps dripping down off from the scratch so all he could do is wet sand it...I was a little annoyed by this. i mean, couldn't they have brought my car inside and do it?

Then they tell me if i want to get it fixed,i gotta take off my door, so they can jsut repaint the entire thing...so i said F*** that and said whatever. And since then i haven't done any business with them....those douche bags...
And my brother is a 2nd LT in the army and to hear that they dont deal with Military? What hell is that supposed to mean? This place needs to get their act togethor...

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 06:34 AM   #19
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

General Manager is Melanie Sterry msterry@rcars.com

If this is true then I will not be going there, not that I would anyway. I'm sure I will use Passport when it's time for another BMW.
2016 F10 535i M Sport

Last edited by SteveMD; 04-09-2007 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #20
CPTHALL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Russell :-(

This is my third BMW and I have always tried to support Russell and have always been disappointed with their sales and service. As by my screen name I too have spent many years in the service as both an enlisted and as an officer. Russell has the type of mindset that I have grown to hate. They act as though they are doing you a favor!!! I will NEVER do business with them. I purchased my 2001 325 ci from Northwest and two 330i from Towson. So for I am sticking with Towson.

2013 535XI M-sport
2012 Cherokee Overland
2010 BMW S1000rr
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #21
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

I bought my e92 at Russel and have never been impressed with them either. Thats why I decided on PCD :rocks:

Their service isn't the greatest either as they try to nickel and dime you for everything. What was the name of the sames manager? By looking at their website, I only recognize David Lee and he just got there in Oct 06. I dont think the other 2 have been there for more than a few months either b/c I don't recognize them at all, so I really don't think 7 years there is the total truth.

In dealing with them now for almost a whole year, I almost can guarantee that all of their CAs and Sales Mgrs have turned over quite a few times (although this is pretty normal). i have dealt with Melanie before and she seems to want to make things right, but it should never have to get that far.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #22
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

I have been reading the forum on Russell BMW...not good..damn shame Americans sure could learn customer service from the Japanese..it is truly an experience............I purchased my wife a used Mini van for her soccer mom duties, and I tell you what...felt like I purchased it brand new........GET on the stick BMW
Appreciate 0