Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheels Locks for Spacers - Interested?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
JWadle
Since '75: 530i/733i/745Turbo/M5/M6/325iX/540i
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi 6MT Sp Grph

Wheels Locks for Spacers - Interested?

I just bought two sets of RAD wheel lock bolts in 28mm and 42mm sizes to fit the front wheels (28mm) and rear wheels with 15mm spacers (42mm) of my 335xi.

If this makes sense to you and you have 15mm rear spacers on your E9x, you may want to buy the remaining 28mm and 42mm wheel lock bolts (two each) for your car. Both sets use the same lug key, so one key works for front and rear.

You can see the details on these wheel lock bolts here:

http://otisincla.zoovy.com/category/...e__taper__seat

$50 shipped (CONUS).

Last edited by JWadle; 06-18-2007 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Instead of playing around with finding longer wheel bolt locks, I just convered my hubs to run studs. This way I don't have to worry about getting the correct length bolts everytime I run a spacer. Also, takes out the hassle of finding wheel locks, since you can just use a standard nut lock, that can easily be found.

Makes changing/swapping wheels a hell of a lot easier too.

check it out on the site Click here

-Don
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
JWadle
Since '75: 530i/733i/745Turbo/M5/M6/325iX/540i
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi 6MT Sp Grph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don************ View Post
Instead of playing around with finding longer wheel bolt locks, I just convered my hubs to run studs. This way I don't have to worry about getting the correct length bolts everytime I run a spacer. Also, takes out the hassle of finding wheel locks, since you can just use a standard nut lock, that can easily be found.

Makes changing/swapping wheels a hell of a lot easier too.

check it out on the site Click here

-Don

Interesting, but I don't see how this eliminates the need for different lengths F/R when using rear spacers (unless the thread sticks way out beyond the lug nut in front?). Maybe I'm missing something.
Appreciate 0