E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Toronto-Ordered a 2010 328xi -Nav ?

12-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
needabmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi TI/SP/PP/NAV/Blue

Toronto-Ordered a 2010 328xi -Nav ?

Nav/Premium Pk/Prem Sound/Sirius/Auto/Space Grey/Chestnut Brown.

So excited. I currently have 06 330xi Nav/Prem/Sport

Question - the nav and idrivre seems totally diff/ Any pics for me. Also, any pics of the ipod integration and the sirius to share for me??

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

It sounds like you ordered pretty well the exact same car as I have (mine is a 2009). I don't have any pics of the nav or ipod integration, but both have worked flawlessly for me so far. This is my first car with either feature and I found both to be very user friendly and easy to learn.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
tirana
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 6MT + F25 35i AT

The nav was completely revamped last year and moved from the DVD to a hard drive system. Much more responsive and the interface is much improved. You can also send information from your PC/Mac to the car via Google Maps to set destination information (although this requires BMW Assist which is free the first year).

iPod integration is as you'd expect. Plug in the device (can also be an USB stick or other music player with USB) and it comes up on the iDrive entertainment window with various categories of organization (artist, song, genre, etc). Unlike the first integration solution (MOST), the menus are more informative (not CD1, CD2, etc).

I have a 2007 E92 328xi with nav/iPod for a few more days. A 2010 335i with nav, MSport, is on the train from Halifax....

BTW, there are some extensive pics and walkthroughs of the new interface in this subforum. Just use
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirana View Post
The nav was completely revamped last year and moved from the DVD to a hard drive system. Much more responsive and the interface is much improved. You can also send information from your PC/Mac to the car via Google Maps to set destination information (although this requires BMW Assist which is free the first year).

iPod integration is as you'd expect. Plug in the device (can also be an USB stick or other music player with USB) and it comes up on the iDrive entertainment window with various categories of organization (artist, song, genre, etc). Unlike the first integration solution (MOST), the menus are more informative (not CD1, CD2, etc).

I have a 2007 E92 328xi with nav/iPod for a few more days. A 2010 335i with nav, MSport, is on the train from Halifax....

BTW, there are some extensive pics and walkthroughs of the new interface in this subforum. Just use
Don't know much about Canada, but in the states BMWAssist is actually free for four years. $199 USB per year after that....

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
Don't know much about Canada, but in the states BMWAssist is actually free for four years. $199 USB per year after that....
We get our first year free. $190 CAD going forward.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

BMW Assist is standard on all 3 series models for the Canadian models except the 323i.

To the OP: I don't have any pics but I can assure you that you will be very impressed with the ipod integration with NAV.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
needabmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi TI/SP/PP/NAV/Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer3 View Post
BMW Assist is standard on all 3 series models for the Canadian models except the 323i.

To the OP: I don't have any pics but I can assure you that you will be very impressed with the ipod integration with NAV.
Thanks all for your posts. I went to Youtube and found a bunch of videos of the new iDrive...looks very very cool. Right now, on my 06 330xi, I am using my 160gb Ipod via the aux in port in the centre console. Sound is "ok" ( I am used to it) but the fact that I need to keep the ipod between the PB and the console and keep looking at it to change songs is frustrating.
Appreciate 0