E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Le Mans 24hr 2011

03-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
AlphaJulietGolf
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d SE

Le Mans 24hr 2011

Evening all, was just wondering if anybody on here was planning on going to Le Mans this year and if they were what are you going down in?

I'm going with my old man. This will be my second time and his first. He recently retired and has wanted to go for a long time.
We are staying at Airtrack, a tad bit more expensive than your average off site campsite but hopefully will be worth it. I will be driving us down in the drizzler, so excited can't wait
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d

Hi mate,

Myself and about another 5 of my friends go every year. We stay at the same site every time...right beside the airport. Last year we rented out one of the American RV's thinking it'd be a change from taking our cars. It was fantastic although the fuel cost was astronomical. Think ended up paying about £500 for the 4 day trip lol.

This year it's back to the cars...as to which I'm taking is still a mystery. I'd love to get into something exotic as my mates have fezza's, 997TT and a DBS. Can hardly keep up with them in the 335D...now can I lol. So been looking for a mint 996TT or if finances can extend to a 997c2s. Ack we'll see...

Anyway, we normally leave on the thursday night as the french gendarme aren't in their droves trying to catch speeders. Plus we get the same camping spot too. Be sure to make contact nearer the time and we'll meet up.

Tiko