E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HID ERROR

01-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
nbabbar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Unhappy HID ERROR

okay i really need some help on this issue

About 5 months ago I changed my stock lights and upgraded them to HID's with one of those kits on I forget one of those sites. Payed about 300 on them and during the summer it worked fine.

however as the weather dropped i notice that instead of the Yellow light coming up warning me that a head light needs to be checked, this new red light now pops up. According to the manual it says that its an electrical malfunction.

Heres the weird part, one of the hid lights seems to go out (left or right changes up periodically) when the yellow light comes on. But when the red electrical malfunction light comes on, both lights turn on and work fine.

These warning lights are really annoying because they keep beeping when Im driving and drive me insane.

I dont want to take it to the dealership because I am afraid that it might void the warranty. So what should I do?

I purchased one of the cancellor switches for both lights because i guess the voltage is different 55w compared to the 35w.

I really need help on solving this issue. I am not sure what to do at all.

2006 325i e90
Appreciate 0