E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New Track at Wyong

07-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
paw55h
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i sport

New Track at Wyong

If you are like me and love the Track (mostly on my bike) please fill in and email

Subject: Wyong Automotive Racing Precinct EOI - IMPORTANT!!!

Dear Car Club members,

On Wednesday the 1st of July, Wyong Shire Council advertised for Expressions Of Interest in the proposed ‘Wyong Automotive Racing Precinct’.

Essentially, Wyong Council are looking at the level of interest shown by local and surrounding car clubs in a motor sport / driver training facility on the Central Coast of NSW, 1 hour from Hornsby and 40 minutes from Newcastle.

Having been an avid follower and participant in motorsport for the last 20 years, I was very disappointed, like many of us, to see the demise of Amaroo Park Raceway and the impending demise of Oran Park does not leave NSW motorsport lovers with too many venues to view and enjoy our sport.

Wyong Shire Council has asked that interested parties complete a survey and return it to them by the 17th of July which does not give us much time. The questionnaire / survey can be found at the following address.

http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/about/Mo...estionaire.pdf

I feel very strongly about the opportunity for us to contribute to the development of a genuine motorsport/ driver training facility that is well overdue. It would provide us all with an alternate venue to showcase our sport and help develop our kids into safer drivers of the future.

We cannot let an opportunity like this pass us by. It has taken too long to come to reality and left unsupported, will disappear indefinitely.

For those of you that require additional information, please view the website at http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/about/co...otices.html#40
or contact Kathryn Heintz, Strategic Planner
on 43505552 or at kathryn.heintz@wyong.nsw.gov.au

I encourage your members to take the time to fill out this questionnaire and return it to Wyong Shire Council prior to July 17. They can address it to:

Council Chambers
PO Box 20
Wyong NSW 2259

This is a matter of utmost urgency. Please feel free to circulate this email to anybody who you feel may benefit from such a facility right here on the Central Coast. The more support, the better for all of us.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0