E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Turner Motor Sport Brake Rotor Question

07-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
Herr Direktor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black Saphire E93

Turner Motor Sport Brake Rotor Question

I am considering the turner motor sport cross drilled rotors with hat coating. Yes, the holes are more for looks than function. That coating should stop the slight surface rust I see on my 335i rotors. Any experience with these? Do the drilled holes eventually show rust?
      07-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
thenewrick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Black Sapphire

Yep all metal rotors rust eventually. Regular use will keep them looking less rusty
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

I have the Centric rotors from Turner that are cross-drilled with the black coating on the rotor hats. Nice rotors for the money. After two new england winters I still have little if any rust on the hats...so the protectant is pretty tough, however, there is surface rust in the cross-drilled holes (though it is probably more brake dust than rust). I'd like them and am going to buy some matching ones for the rear when my rear brakes are due
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Since you have a vert that won't see hpde time, go for it.

I have the same rotors for my car, but are a bit smaller on a 330i 'only' 13" on all 4 corners... of course my 330i isn't going to hit the speeds in the straights a 335i will (Hell, my dads 91 Vette came with 13" front and 12" rear!). I have just about no complaints on mine, but after a couple autocrosses and a hpde weekend I have a slight shimmy in the front. I emailed Turner and they told me it was 'pad deposits' but I knew that wasn't the case after a bed in procedure after they told me to do that to clean off any residue. I can actually see the high spot on the one front rotor if I shine some light on it. My Turner rotors need to be turned....

Next track school I do I will have a pair of blanks for the front and committed track pads.

Live and learn. Trying to be cheap usually cost more in the end.