E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 328i exhaust conversion

05-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #23
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoJambo23 View Post
i dont need to worry about my twin turbo's wearing out or breaking down on me. my friend has a 335 its nice and fun when you really need the extra horsepower but if i put my car in sport its like driving the 335
If you believe that then u my friend r seriously deluisional..I am putting down over 400hp and 400ft lbs of torque w my mods..lets see any 328 get close to that.

p.s..turbos are not going to "wear" out..if u do proper oil changes..and remove the restrictions by putting DPs they will last as long as the engine..Your DS tranny would wear out b4 my turbos do..the myths that are perpetuated?? geeszz
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #24
KokoJambo23
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328I Coupe w/M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
If you believe that then u my friend r seriously deluisional..I am putting down over 400hp and 400ft lbs of torque w my mods..lets see any 328 get close to that.

p.s..turbos are not going to "wear" out..if u do proper oil changes..and remove the restrictions by putting DPs they will last as long as the engine..Your DS tranny would wear out b4 my turbos do..the myths that are perpetuated?? geeszz
i was referring to stock not your 400hp 335 which you probably blew over 10k on to make that fast which isnt worth it because you could get an m3 at that point..obviously a 328 isnt made to be a performance car such as a 335 or anything higher.i wasnt trying to make my car exactly like a 335 just want to make it look nicer and perform better then stock have a bit of fun with it... by having turbos there is more maintenance required and possibility of many other problems that was my point..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #25
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I don't know about all of you, but I'm much more than my daily driver. Who gives a shit how fast or slow I am? After all, it's a BMW, and I am blessed to be fortunate enough in my life to drive one. Have a safe and enjoyable MDW, and don't be a statistic people!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #26
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
I don't know about all of you, but I'm much more than my daily driver. Who gives a shit how fast or slow I am? After all, it's a BMW, and I am blessed to be fortunate enough in my life to drive one. Have a safe and enjoyable MDW, and don't be a statistic people!
+1 Gotta make sure it looks clean and shiny too! Need to impress the girls
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #27
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
i was referring to stock not your 400hp 335 which you probably blew over 10k on to make that fast which isnt worth it because you could get an m3 at that point..obviously a 328 isnt made to be a performance car such as a 335 or anything higher.i wasnt trying to make my car exactly like a 335 just want to make it look nicer and perform better then stock have a bit of fun with it... by having turbos there is more maintenance required and possibility of many other problems that was my point..
Ok first im not sure what you are basing the statement that the turbos will require maintaince and possibilty of other problems???..cause they will not if u service ur car properly..fact is that your driving in DS mode will cause you tranny to wear b4 my turbos go..

DS changes the shift points so you rev much higher b4 shifts..thats it..which does a nice job of cooking the tranny overtime...real drivers will go for a Manual anyways but thats another topic.

Sec..my 335 modded will dust an M3..the M3 doesnt have anywhere near the torque that I am putting down. and the fact that my car is uniquely moded makes it totally worth it to me..I could easily tell u the same thing..hey buy a 335i instead of wasting $3K on an exhaust that will net u zero performance..at least my mods net power and serious power at that.

Finally even a bone stock 335i is in no way comparable to 328 in DS mode or otherwise..

Need to really debunk these myths u got going on here
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Tibra, how about a hug? I think you need one. Group hug everyone! We're all brothers and sisters of the Hitler mobile regime! Das Auto FTW!
Sorry I'm drunk. Question is, will I remember you in the morning?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #29
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamster00 View Post
Quote:
1 Gotta make sure it looks clean and shiny too! Need to impress the girls
Hi five tamsta! Thanks for the props!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #30
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Tibra, how about a hug? I think you need one. Group hug everyone! We're all brothers and sisters of the Hitler mobile regime! Das Auto FTW!
Sorry I'm drunk. Question is, will I remember you in the morning?
LOL.,,im all about peace and love..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 04:20 AM   #31
applebook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 328i -Stick & Sport

Someone has a really tiny wang, yet he's still trying to piss on someone else's parade.

Sorry, but your 400hp V6 isn't "dusting" off a V8 M3, particularly not AROUND A CORNER, and especially not one that has been tuned. If you tune your 335, then how is it fair to compare it to a stock M3 anyway? That would like someone with an E46 supercharged to 450hp and mocking a stock 335. Yeah, the E46 supercharged and fully tuned will be cheaper than the 335 too.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #32
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 sparkling graphite

Quote:
Ok first im not sure what you are basing the statement that the turbos will require maintaince and possibilty of other problems???..cause they will not if u service ur car properly..fact is that your driving in DS mode will cause you tranny to wear b4 my turbos go..

DS changes the shift points so you rev much higher b4 shifts..thats it..which does a nice job of cooking the tranny overtime...real drivers will go for a Manual anyways but thats another topic.

Sec..my 335 modded will dust an M3..the M3 doesnt have anywhere near the torque that I am putting down. and the fact that my car is uniquely moded makes it totally worth it to me..I could easily tell u the same thing..hey buy a 335i instead of wasting $3K on an exhaust that will net u zero performance..at least my mods net power and serious power at that.

Finally even a bone stock 335i is in no way comparable to 328 in DS mode or otherwise..

Need to really debunk these myths u got going on here
oh wow when did this become about putting down more HP? if we 328 wanted more horse power we would have bought a m3 or in your case a 335 and mod it performance wise..and who are you to say that you can dust a M3 if your car is modded? lets see you dust a supercharged m3 then we will see who is left in the dust.. you can not compare a m3 to a modded 335..but anyways back on topic.. if the OP wants to do a 335 conversion then let him.. he is just doing it for looks not trying to POSE as a 335.. alot of people that have a 328 like the way the 335 rear end looks that is why they do it..
      05-28-2011, 05:56 AM   #33
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport

I would keep it as is and save the money for new wheels and a tune. Putting dual pipes is going to make the car slower since you will lose out on low end torque and burn more gas.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #34
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Wow! I'm up early- and no hangover! Bless the Merlot, it is kind to me
Sooo, let's switch gears, what's everyone's plans for the weekend? I will most likely go north, avoiding the plague at the Jersey shore. The fiancé and I are hoping to tour the Hudson Valley in upstate NY while sampling some of the wineries and their vino offerings, while enjoying the views. I'm sure Cali offers much more beautiful views than here- jealous!! OP, sorry your thread ended up like this. I'm sure we're all really cool people in the grand scheme of things- take it with a grain of salt. Whatever you all do, enjoy and be safe out there! Oh, and don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink and ruin the interior!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #35
e90this!
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i stick

waste of money

Quote:
check that out it can be done, i just want a dual tip exhaust i like the looks of it, they don't have many exhausts offered for the 328i and the ones they do id rather just spend $200-300 more and get a dual.

http://ltbmw.com/category/installs/

this is a total waste! Unsure why many responded its impossible and im assuming you folks have yet to try? If you buy any 335 bring it to a muffler shop they will install it just like this person but probably spent a few grand for looks. Many folks have done this conversion based on my research and wished some would make the efforts. Before spending over a grand, go buy stock 335 exhaust system, 2nd cat delete and I'm confident you will not remove that exhaust. Out of all the exhaust conversion on 328 three i have so far identify has the best sound and unsure on performance but basing on sound since exhaust hp is very minimal. also price. overall sound and price, heres top three.

1. OEM 335 2nd cat delete. a few have done this retrofit few years back. nothing new but it sounds like an m3. one of my favorite for 500 system

2. Remus Race for 335. Just Sick sound

3. Project M Quad. Sounds deep, almost like a v8

Vanguard has a great sound but damn the price is pretty steep. id rather by the H pipe the mufflers and have the muffler shop customize the rest of the system.

all three systems i believe are way under 2k and honestly im about to just put all three on a hat and pick one out.. Vanguard has teh name but price is not necessary IMO and that conversion just like OEM 335 . Muffler shops can do any conversions you want and it's cheaper than most of you think. truly is not difficult for them but ordinary installer trying to convert will take him hours. i recommend 335 oem exhaust conversion.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #36
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebook View Post
Someone has a really tiny wang, yet he's still trying to piss on someone else's parade.

Sorry, but your 400hp V6 isn't "dusting" off a V8 M3, particularly not AROUND A CORNER, and especially not one that has been tuned. If you tune your 335, then how is it fair to compare it to a stock M3 anyway? That would like someone with an E46 supercharged to 450hp and mocking a stock 335. Yeah, the E46 supercharged and fully tuned will be cheaper than the 335 too.
And it was really fair comparing a v8 to (correction in-line 6) in the first place..

and around corners?..it will when i finish doing my suspension..stay tuned...if u care.. the M3 is awesome and really excels when talking about heat issues which is the 335i's kryptonite.

WING WANG..its all acadamic..i shouldnt have even posted on here except that the OP was looking to 335 a 328 exhaust..i will know better for next time

Last edited by tibra1; 05-28-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #37
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceaholic View Post
oh wow when did this become about putting down more HP? if we 328 wanted more horse power we would have bought a m3 or in your case a 335 and mod it performance wise..and who are you to say that you can dust a M3 if your car is modded? lets see you dust a supercharged m3 then we will see who is left in the dust.. you can not compare a m3 to a modded 335..but anyways back on topic.. if the OP wants to do a 335 conversion then let him.. he is just doing it for looks not trying to POSE as a 335.. alot of people that have a 328 like the way the 335 rear end looks that is why they do it..
Just responding to the OPs clearly inaccurate statememts..he opened the door on 335 vs 328. M3 vs 335..but i surely closed it
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #38
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
hey guys im new to the forum i just spoke to long from ltbmw because i saw he does 328i exhaust conversions. he has a vanguard exhaust set up which im interested in but he said i would need a 335 bumper and trunk tray. would i be able to just buy a two tip diffuser for it instead? fyi i have m-sport package on my car
Whoa, Tibra. WTF is all of this junk spewing from your fingertips? Let's review OP's original request. First and foremost, he is NEW, I say NEW to the forum. Welcome him with open arms and show your graciousness.

As I see it, he wants to add dual exhaust. What's wrong with that? Everyone who wants to have dual exhaust should have it. Doesn't mean he is a 335i wannabe. Think aesthetics...and symmetry...and stop being an asshole about it.

OP already has m-sport package. All he needs is the diffusor. Not too difficult.

So, with all said and done, STFU and give him positive feedback.

Welcome to the forum, OP.

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #39
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Dude if you READ the thread you will see that I came on here..on topic.. showing him that the exhaust CAN be done..I am the one that provided the link w pictures..i did not trash talk him like others calling him Poser or whatever..

i challenged his statement that a 328 in DS mode is like driving a 335i..and from there all the myth building started..i did not come on here w the intention of debating 328 vs 335 or 335 vs M3..he and others started down that road..and im not gonna sit idly by and take it..

No problem welcoming new members we were all new at one point..but the fact that ur new doesnt give carte blanche to go and post half truths and misconceptions..that IS the point of the forums..to debate
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #40
krnboy817
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
Whoa, Tibra. WTF is all of this junk spewing from your fingertips? Let's review OP's original request. First and foremost, he is NEW, I say NEW to the forum. Welcome him with open arms and show your graciousness.

As I see it, he wants to add dual exhaust. What's wrong with that? Everyone who wants to have dual exhaust should have it. Doesn't mean he is a 335i wannabe. Think aesthetics...and symmetry...and stop being an asshole about it.

OP already has m-sport package. All he needs is the diffusor. Not too difficult.

So, with all said and done, STFU and give him positive feedback.

Welcome to the forum, OP.
i believe if you are new/noob... you need to do some catch up (search&read) first, wouldnt you say so?

if he/she does search before hand, then it would save them selves from these useless so called "rants" "bash" from others.

cant blame others for posting their opinions, i mean thats just the way it is. when you make something from what its NOT to what it WISHES to be, you leave your self open for others opinions.

its like looking at fat people, just because we dont say anything or "welcome with open arms" doesnt mean they are fit, in shape, or rather attractive.

harsh words are usually the helpful words.

driving is poetry in motion.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #41
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

+1

I was on the forums a full year b4 i made my first post reading..learning b/c i did not want to insert foot in mouth..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #42
applebook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
And it was really fair comparing a v8 to (correction in-line 6) in the first place..

and around corners?..it will when i finish doing my suspension..stay tuned...if u care.. the M3 is awesome and really excels when talking about heat issues which is the 335i's kryptonite.

WING WANG..its all acadamic..i shouldnt have even posted on here except that the OP was looking to 335 a 328 exhaust..i will know better for next time
You still don't get it, troll. Do you also troll M3 forums and BRAG about how your little 335 is so much better? I find it hilarious that you're so clever that you can't understand how only a hypocrite with a tiny wang would troll an NA engine forum, belittle someone else about his personal comparison between the 328 and the 335 and then go on to make the same idiotic, fallacious comparison between your 335 and an M3. You are basically doing the exact same thing as him, but in your case, it's even worse because you're bashing the guy for his opinion in the first place.

What part of not comparing a modified 335 to a stock M3 do you not understand? LOL. Your I6 turbo is not in the same league as NA V8 M3. YOU are the troll who promulgated about the superiority of your weeny I6 turbo ("pulling 400lb ft. torque") to a much, much bigger V8, not me or any 328 owner. Why are YOU laughing at others?

Like I wrote before. Someone with a heavily modified E46 would "dust" off a stock 335 too, at a far lower price. The problem, of course, is comparing a STOCK car to a tuned one.

Stay classy with your trolling though.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #43
applebook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy817 View Post
cant blame others for posting their opinions, i mean thats just the way it is. when you make something from what its NOT to what it WISHES to be, you leave your self open for others opinions.
Just to be clear, logical, and consistent here, is it OK for Flip to post HIS opinion or not? Or is only YOUR opinion that matters? Should you really criticize others for stating their opinions when you are telling us that we "cant" (sic) "blame others for posting their opinions."

What's wrong with Flip trying to be friendly here?

I do think that it's a ridiculous waste of money to put a 335 exhaust onto a 328, but hey, it's the OP's cash. If he wants cosmetic mods that yield little to no performance increase for his money, then all the power to him. I'd much rather do something that increases performances with my money --though I'd never let a turbo touch any of my cars. So will that supercharger ever come out for the 328/330/325 or not?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #44
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You still don't get it, troll. Do you also troll M3 forums and BRAG about how your little 335 is so much better? I find it hilarious that you're so clever that you can't understand how only a hypocrite with a tiny wang would troll an NA engine forum, belittle someone else about his personal comparison between the 328 and the 335 and then go on to make the same idiotic, fallacious comparison between your 335 and an M3. You are basically doing the exact same thing as him, but in your case, it's even worse because you're bashing the guy for his opinion in the first place.

What part of not comparing a modified 335 to a stock M3 do you not understand? LOL. Your I6 turbo is not in the same league as NA V8 M3. YOU are the troll who promulgated about the superiority of your weeny I6 turbo ("pulling 400lb ft. torque") to a much, much bigger V8, not me or any 328 owner. Why are YOU laughing at others?

Like I wrote before. Someone with a heavily modified E46 would "dust" off a stock 335 too, at a far lower price. The problem, of course, is comparing a STOCK car to a tuned one.

Stay classy with your trolling though.

First of all Noob... then discuss why u r so obsessed with mentioning phalluses on the thread..maybe u r little WANG..

Next... noob part 2 was the one who asked about his BS mod of putting a 335i exhaust on his 328..i answered it and provided pictures of it..AND i did not belittle him about it..b/c even though i think its a retarded mod..i unlike u kept my opinion to myself... and for the record I only posted on the N/A forum b/c i knew the answer to the OPs questoon...there is nothing else for me here ..so this notion of trolling??...Well.. u need only search my posts to see where i have been.

Finally if u r just too slow or learning impaired to READ the thread and see that I never "bragged" about anything..he and others opened the debate of M3 vs 335i vs 328 and I quote..

Quote:
"my friend has a 335 its nice and fun when you really need the extra horsepower but if i put my car in sport its like driving the 335"
Quote:
iwas referring to stock not your 400hp 335 which you probably blew over 10k on to make that fast which isnt worth it because you could get an m3 at that point.
Everything i have said is 100% accurate...and you should really do some research b4 going off half cocked..or wanged in your case..did you write this when u were drunk or smthing..

Quote:
Your I6 turbo is not in the same league as NA V8 M3. YOU are the troll who promulgated about the superiority of your weeny I6 turbo ("pulling 400lb ft. torque") to a much, much bigger V8

FACT...
M3 stock 295 ft-lbs torque
335i full power mods +400ft-lbs torque..this is not even debatable...

so the V8 is bigger?..u mean heavier? LMAO..dude it obvious u know nothing about cars or modding...get some more post under ur belt b4 u come off w a drunken rant that is completely baseless..

I swear I try to help the OP by posting on here and now I gotta deal with the WING WANG guy.. well lesson learned.. no good deed goes unpunished and noobs will be noobs..
Appreciate 0