E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > omg you guys....i need your guy's help, the worse thing happened last night

04-22-2007, 01:15 PM   #23
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

As much as you have been annoying sometimes, I'm still glad to hear you were not hurt in the accident. Sorry to hear about your car..

Talk to your insurance agent...and see if you can get some quotes from body shops. Sounds like you need to put in an order for new wheels tho.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 01:15 PM   #24
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

had a little too much fun with the new exhaust and wheels..
      04-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #25
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Sorry for your mishap. Incidents like that that can make you feel humble and more appreciative of what you have. Nice to know you weren't injured. IMHO I would make a claim w/your insurance company and get an estimate of the damages ASAP.

So what's next for the OC Kid? Maybe an opportunity for you to get an M3?
      04-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #26
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
well like you said..
lesson learned...

GL
      04-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #27
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
The Famous //M Owns You rims still up for sale?????
      04-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #28
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Put that lesson in your ruck. The weight from carrying it around will remind you what not to do next go around. Just glad you're OK. Material things are just that...material...nothing more. When you see death in the face, little shit don't matter much anymore. Good luck with the rebuild. It'll be a long road...but good time spent reflecting.
      04-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #29
krafty04
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 04 Jeep Gr. Cherokee Overland

I really want to type something mean but I can't.

Glad your okay. Call insurance. Post pics.
04 325 (sold)
98 318ti (daughters ride now)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #30
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #31
zimzimma
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_owns_you View Post
My fellow e90post brothers and sisters, last night on a windy road that i was going too fast on i hit a curb and went over it and down into a ditch/field. All this smoke started to billow out from underneath the car like crazy yet it smelled like brush and not something that would come from a car. I looked underneath and there was fire and things got 10 times worse for me then, we knew we had to run away becuase we figured the car would blow up. But im an e90post memember and i cant just watch my e92 blow up so i made a split second decision to run back, start the car and reverse it as much as i could, and to my relief it was just some brush that caught on fire from the exhuast. Thank god that all of us are ok and that there was no body damage as far as pysical damage to the exterior body atleat. All my wheels and tires are completely done for, and my front control arms and suspension are fucked and i dont even know what else thats not visible could be damaged and my car needs to be completely repainted becuase all the shrubs and plants tore it up.

Worse experience of my life. But i need your guy's help on how this shit works, you guys can criticize me as much as you want becuase i am very very stupid and this was a lesson to me and im lucky that we all walked away fine and alive with a scratched and wheel damaged car and not a flipped and air bagged car. So we have full coverage but how long do you guys think it'll take them to pay for it all? its going to be like 14k or something, 5-6 for wheels and tires, 4k for mechanical damage, 6-9k for an awsome complete re-painting of the whole car. We have Farmers, its gonna take like atleast 2-3 weeks to get the money, 6-8 weeks for new wheels..........fuck. Its gonna take time. Man you guys this is so shitty....

I'll post pics by some time tomorrow

I can not get over how BMW's have made their way into the hands of so many spoiled punkass kids these days.....this is sad. This forum seems to be their playground too.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #32
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzimma View Post
I can not get over how BMW's have made their way into the hands of so many spoiled punkass kids these days.....this is sad. This forum seems to be their playground too.
How about you just go jump off a bridge...this topic has been beatin to death
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #33
Tropicool
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO M3

sorry to hear...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #34
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

well at this point the car needs to be fully repainted, new wheels, and control arms and thats it. Theres no body work that needs to be done. Just paint and wheels. so im guessing like 8-9 for a perfect paint job and then 5k for wheels and tires and then like 4k for miscellanous mechanical damage like the control arms and stuff like that. im going to the dealer right now to take pics so hold tight for a little bit people i'll give you the pics though i really really dont want to see my baby like this, i havent seen her up close and in the light yet....omg dudes this sucks ass
Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #35
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
That sucks man.

My roommate did that in his 350z. He took a right turn onto a feeder rode, pretty quickly. He said it was a pretty routine thing to do, and slide the rear out a bit. Well this time the wheels caught traction, sent him up over the curb, down a ditch and shot back on the road landing in the middle lane.

He would up ruining two wheels/tires and denting the drivers side undercarriage. Which you could feel, but not see in the floor board.

Good luck man. At least you have learned a lesson, and no one was harmed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #36
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
sounds like u and B-RAD were out drinking and having a little too much fun!!

B-rad came to mind when I read the 1st post.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #37
clandestine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bro, that sucks. Good thing your alright. I know its hard to realize now but that is the MOST important thing. Your lady friend might give you a ride until your car is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #38
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
Bro, that sucks. Good thing your alright. I know its hard to realize now but that is the MOST important thing. Your lady friend might give you a ride until your car is fixed.
haha thanks dude, looks i wont be seeing you guys at tustin or bimmer fest or anything for a while....but thnx man
Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #39
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

i tihnk ti'll be more than $16k of damage, sorry o hear man, but atleast you're ok

be safe out there!

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #40
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

"So what's next for the OC Kid? Maybe an opportunity for you to get an M3?"

No way are you kidding me, my mom was like, i made a mistake buying this for you and all i can say is God help us when i comes to this car and you, she doesnt think i'll learn my lesson from this and that i'll get over it after a while and go back to my old ways and she says she feels sooo guilty for making this mistake. She was like i dont care what you say, i know you and how you drive and so does everyone else so it was only a matter of time before something like this happened, you just got lucky that it happened like this. This one girl thats my friend was talking to me last night durring the whole event and was like this is why teenagers like me and you shouldnt have expensive cars because we crash them, no matter what we always do. Shes right. back to my mom though:She says that cars like this entice people, especailly young people, to want to drive fast and push their cars to the limit. I told her that it comes down to the person becuase anyone in any car can do what i did, she said but when your in an S class or 7 series, though both have way more power then yours, are you going to feel like you need to drive quick ,crisp, and aggresive? As say someone in a porsche would or your car for that matter? No becuase the concept behind a car like that and a "sports car" are completely differnt. She was like maybe for someone mature or for whoever i dont know but why would you want to buy a fast sporty car if you didnt plan on driving it like that? And you always talk about getting this and that to go faster...FOR WHAT TO KILL YOURSELF OR SOMETHING?? I was like so what are you saying? you want me to get a sedan (RS4 came flying into my mind then quickly muted out like a dirty guilty thought). She was like no you need to work on yourself and your driving habits becuase just like you said it comes down to the person so even in a sedan or honda or anything your going to drive like tht until you work on yourself internally....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #41
boggysv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A4, but riding the bus for now

Quote:
This one girl thats my friend was talking to me last night durring the whole event and was like this is why teenagers like me and you shouldnt have expensive cars because we crash them, no matter what we always do. Shes right.
You sir, are an idiot for agreeing that is right.

I know a few guys in their early 20s having nice cars, and are fully independent, never heard of such a dumb crash yet.
(cars like this are pretty expensive where I come from)

on the other hand, kids who got the cars from daddy do crash them on a more frequent basis. Hay, daddy is going to pay for the repairs/new car right?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #42
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
you guys can criticize me as much as you want becuase i am very very stupid and this was a lesson to me and im lucky that we all walked away fine and alive
No criticism, sounds like you're doing a good job of it on your own.

Quote:
my mom was like, i made a mistake buying this for you and all i can say is God help us when i comes to this car and you, she doesnt think i'll learn my lesson from this and that i'll get over it after a while and go back to my old ways and she says she feels sooo guilty for making this mistake. She was like i dont care what you say, i know you and how you drive and so does everyone else so it was only a matter of time before something like this happened, you just got lucky that it happened like this.

She says that cars like this entice people, especailly young people, to want to drive fast and push their cars to the limit.

She was like maybe for someone mature or for whoever i dont know but why would you want to buy a fast sporty car if you didnt plan on driving it like that? And you always talk about getting this and that to go faster...FOR WHAT TO KILL YOURSELF OR SOMETHING?? I was like so what are you saying? you want me to get a sedan (RS4 came flying into my mind then quickly muted out like a dirty guilty thought). She was like no you need to work on yourself and your driving habits becuase just like you said it comes down to the person so even in a sedan or honda or anything your going to drive like tht until you work on yourself internally....
Your Mom sounds like she knows the score. Maybe some of that will filter down to you.

It would be great if BMW required every young driver to take a class at the performance center to become familiar with the capabilities of the car and those of themselves. The streets are for public use and as your Mom said, you need to be mature and responsible enough to operate a car like this. You are lucky no one was hurt and that you didn't cause any other vehicles to become involved in your mistake.

Your Mom's attitude:
If you take what she said to heart, maybe you will live long enough to get that M3 one day.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #43
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Wow this shit with people talking about people under 20 owning BMWs is getting really old....thats not what the discussion here is about. If you want to discuss that start a new thread.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #44
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Quote:
"So what's next for the OC Kid? Maybe an opportunity for you to get an M3?"

No way are you kidding me, my mom was like, i made a mistake buying this for you and all i can say is God help us when i comes to this car and you, she doesnt think i'll learn my lesson from this and that i'll get over it after a while and go back to my old ways and she says she feels sooo guilty for making this mistake. She was like i dont care what you say, i know you and how you drive and so does everyone else so it was only a matter of time before something like this happened, you just got lucky that it happened like this. This one girl thats my friend was talking to me last night durring the whole event and was like this is why teenagers like me and you shouldnt have expensive cars because we crash them, no matter what we always do. Shes right. back to my mom though:She says that cars like this entice people, especailly young people, to want to drive fast and push their cars to the limit. I told her that it comes down to the person becuase anyone in any car can do what i did, she said but when your in an S class or 7 series, though both have way more power then yours, are you going to feel like you need to drive quick ,crisp, and aggresive? As say someone in a porsche would or your car for that matter? No becuase the concept behind a car like that and a "sports car" are completely differnt. She was like maybe for someone mature or for whoever i dont know but why would you want to buy a fast sporty car if you didnt plan on driving it like that? And you always talk about getting this and that to go faster...FOR WHAT TO KILL YOURSELF OR SOMETHING?? I was like so what are you saying? you want me to get a sedan (RS4 came flying into my mind then quickly muted out like a dirty guilty thought). She was like no you need to work on yourself and your driving habits becuase just like you said it comes down to the person so even in a sedan or honda or anything your going to drive like tht until you work on yourself internally....
mom's right

funny thing is after i started modding i drive more carefully now because of the potholes and the cost of a mistake with these wheels.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0