E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Are you guys somewhat worried about the "chip"?

Closed Thread

06-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #45
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEA 3 View Post
After tax and everything I walked out for $45650 or was it $46560?

I got mine with every option that they offer exept the rear shades that come up

I paid 500 over their invoice. Buddy of mine his girlfriend or friend is the Finance Manager, and she hooked me up more than big. They told me it was the first E90 335 with 6speed and Nav in California but who knows.

only thing i got out of the sports package was the Seats..other than that i took the suspension and wheels off.
Oh yeah that doesn't include tax or anything. $500 over invoice is a great deal!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #46
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Ha, where have you been? That topic was brought up and discussed a long time ago. Search if you're really interested.

If you're gonna start stuff, at least get some new material.
See everyone. This is the type of *** that's here to start shit. That is why I just didn't bring it up until you asked.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #47
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylePoints View Post
See everyone. This is the type of *** that's here to start shit. That is why I just didn't bring it up until you asked.
Your mommy should wash your fingers out with soap.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #48
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucas730 View Post
Yeah, all the "big" tuning shops would have nothing to gain from bashing their competitors. I'm sure their "stories" are 100% truthful and unbaised.

Truth is, Shiv, like every single other tuning business, has had unsatisfied customers. Some of those unsatisfied customers are louder than others. Some tuners are geniunely not very good at what they do. But you don't get to be around as long as Shiv has and have as much scrutiny and coverage (I believe Shiv did an Evo for C&D to race) and put out garbage products.

That said, just because Shiv is pretty good at what he does doesn't mean you are not going to have a screwup. It also doesn't mean that if you have a real problem with your car but you are modded that BMW won't decline your warranty work. You gotta pay to play. I say that if you are going to mod your car at all, you have to be prepared to replace an engine or transmission (hopefully not both at the same time).

>>> See what do you consider as a "Good" tuner? Do you consider highest HP/Torque as the best tuner? Or do you consider the most reliable power gains = good tuner? If Highest HP/Torque is best tuner than Shiv is God. If most reliable power then I seriously have doubts and that is why I ended not getting Procede. And again, I was so close, I called him and talked to him over the phone for about 20 minutes before deciding not to. The thing that got me off Procede was I asked him if ppl have had minor problems and he said "no, but if you do, just take it to a dealer." Right there it told me he was about selling high HP/torque and when problems arise he'll simply tell me to take it to a dealer and then dealer will tell me well your turbo is blown because you are boosting 15psi. Hey guys, I know mod will shorten life span, look at my audi. But I've fucked up a few turbo cars because I kept going with the most HP/torque products, and they always end up braking things. So I just decided to take the more conservative route this time around. And like I said, it might very well be that Shiv has the MOST HP/Torque with RELIABLE power as well. We will see right? Thats why I said in my first post, I will definitely be banging my head against the wall if ppl are running without problems a few yrs down the line. But more than likely I have a feeling they will start dropping like flies. I'm already hearing stories of knocking.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #49
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Your mommy should wash your fingers out with soap.
Why you talking about my momma?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #50
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Why you talking about my momma?
Must . . . . resist . . . . opportunity . . to . . . take advantage . . . of straight line . . .
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #51
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
>>> See what do you consider as a "Good" tuner? Do you consider highest HP/Torque as the best tuner? Or do you consider the most reliable power gains = good tuner? If Highest HP/Torque is best tuner than Shiv is God. If most reliable power then I seriously have doubts and that is why I ended not getting Procede. And again, I was so close, I called him and talked to him over the phone for about 20 minutes before deciding not to. The thing that got me off Procede was I asked him if ppl have had minor problems and he said "no, but if you do, just take it to a dealer." Right there it told me he was about selling high HP/torque and when problems arise he'll simply tell me to take it to a dealer and then dealer will tell me well your turbo is blown because you are boosting 15psi. Hey guys, I know mod will shorten life span, look at my audi. But I've fucked up a few turbo cars because I kept going with the most HP/torque products, and they always end up braking things. So I just decided to take the more conservative route this time around. And like I said, it might very well be that Shiv has the MOST HP/Torque with RELIABLE power as well. We will see right? Thats why I said in my first post, I will definitely be banging my head against the wall if ppl are running without problems a few yrs down the line. But more than likely I have a feeling they will start dropping like flies. I'm already hearing stories of knocking.
At this point, no kit has been out long enough to know just how reliable it will be. I don't there have been any major issues with the PROcede or even AA xede and Turbo Tuner for that matter. Biggest thing has been the fuel pump, which has affected both tuned and non-tuned cars... and course the solution for that is 'go to the dealer'.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #52
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'd love to hear more about this "truth that is out there." There are folks on this forum that have been around for a long time, btw.

Shiv
There are many BMW/European tunning shops in So California here. I went to 6-7 larger ones and asked about the Procede. They all told me to be very careful. They said Shiv has great marketing, he used to be an editor for European Tuner (or some euro tuning magazine i forget the name but i think it was euro tuner or European car), but he lacks support for his products. That is why they chose not to carry the Procede. And also, the day I was at one of the shop, one of the guy was there actually taking out the procede. It was on the dyno and it made 321hp rwhp on 91 oct at 13-15.x psi (no exhaust). I personally felt 15 psi in so cal heat can be harmful and it wasn't putting out the higher hp I have seen from the forums (but again this could be because its been hot here recently). I asked him why he is taking it out, he said his car has been in limp mode 3-4 times this past 2 weeks and all he has to do is restart the car and its fine, but he wants to go into the dealer to get it checked out so he has to remove the box. Hey, again you asked so I told. Don't kill the messenger. Seems like you got the Forum to love you and Im happy for you, its just when I go to the shops they give me negative feedback on the Procede. And it's not like I'm driving to AA or RD or Tuner headquarter, I'm just going to European performance shops so I don't see why they would be bias (and no they didn't try to sell my any chips, I've been working on suspension these past 2 weeks).
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #53
elucas730
I'm just here for the turbo
Rep
Drives: 2004 STi, 2007 335i

Quote:
So the reason you're not going with Procede is because he's getting the best results?
      06-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #54
elucas730
Rep

Quote:
I personally felt 15 psi in so cal heat can be harmful and it wasn't putting out the higher hp I have seen from the forums (but again this could be because its been hot here recently).
And where is your evidence for this? Have you done weeks and months of testing?
      06-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #55
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
At this point, no kit has been out long enough to know just how reliable it will be. I don't there have been any major issues with the PROcede or even AA xede and Turbo Tuner for that matter. Biggest thing has been the fuel pump, which has affected both tuned and non-tuned cars... and course the solution for that is 'go to the dealer'.
>>> Oh well raising the boost by double can help make the fuel pump fail faster too. But no, that wasn't my concern. It was mostly because its starting to get hot here in So Ca and ppl are going into limp modes more and more often. Cant wait to see what happens with V2. And yes, not only Procede, I'm sure other chips have issues. Its a new car everyone is testing the cars limits, just seems Procede is way out ahead of the pack. Its like a bunch of ppl running into a dark cave not knowing whats in there. Shiv's leading the pack with a small match and I'm still waiting by the entrance trying to see if all the Rambos up there with Shiv are still alive
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #56
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And where is your evidence for this? Have you done weeks and months of testing?
OH no, I definately have not. Isn't that the tuner's job to test before they sell to us? So if products start going limp mode every few times you drive in hot soaking sunny days here, who's fault is that? Are we too stupid for driving hard in the sun or is the product not tested thoroughly enough?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #57
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So the reason you're not going with Procede is because he's getting the best results?
IF best result is Highest HP/Torque regardless of when your turbo will fail then Yes Shiv is #1 on steroids. No one comes close bro. He the man.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #58
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Now you're just talking crazy. BTW, I was never an editor for a magazine. An independant freelancer back in the 90s, yes. And editor, no.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #59
elucas730
Rep

Quote:
IF best result is Highest HP/Torque regardless of when your turbo will fail then Yes Shiv is #1 on steroids. No one comes close bro. He the man.
So how many turbos has he failed due to his negligence? He's been doing this for quite a few years, so based on how terrible he is, there must be thousands.
      06-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #60
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

Quote from evo forums, thread regarding blown engines tuned by vishnu. Use it as U wish, applies not only to EVOs:

Quote:
What's interesting is you hear these same stupid rumors about all the big names on EVOm. It is usually some guy in his ealry 20s that knows someone that dated this girl who had a brother and his roomate in college blew an engine because of __________ (fill in tuner of choice here). It is a fact that there a some people that don't like Shiv or Al or Dave or Mark......., but I doubt any of them are touring the country blowing engines. After all, that wouldn't be good for their tuning business.
Time will show. And everybody is free to choose any product for whatever reason. Also freedom of speech and some kinda anonymity on the net allows anybody bless or whore anyone else, maybe for concrete reason, but w/o concrete proof.

+1 to the op not being such an ass, even if U're trying to push him as far as it gets
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #61
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Now you're just talking crazy. BTW, I was never an editor for a magazine. An independant freelancer back in the 90s, yes. And editor, no.

shiv
Since he heard you were an editor, then everything else hes heard must also be true.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #62
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So how many turbos has he failed due to his negligence? He's been doing this for quite a few years, so based on how terrible he is, there must be thousands.
Oh I don't know, and I doubt its many. But what's a good percent for you? I know EVO WRX ppl on the forums used to rave Shiv is god until a few guys blew their motors running his aggressive software. Then all Shivs posts got deleted by the forum moderators. Hey Shiv likes to be super fast and furious. His software is as powerful as you are going to get. So I guess if 2/10 ppl's turbo fail then sucks for those 2 guys huh? Since other 8 are still happy boosting 15 psi around smoking all the other 335is. So whats the company model? Make sure we have a slightly higher percentage of faster cars running on the street vs blow turbo/motor shot piston rods? The rest who blow their stuff is because of negligence and take it back to the dealer. Yeah right bro.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #63
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
>>> But basically the truth is out there, its a matter of if you guys have been around long enough and in other forums to know Vishnu's rep. But thats a whole different topic that I do not want in this thread.
You have lots of experience on here w/ a join date of this month? You didn't start this thread to bash Shiv (but given the opportunity you sound like you are relishing the opportunity). Hmm.....
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #64
elucas730
Rep

Quote:
Oh I don't know, and I doubt its many. But what's a good percent for you? I know EVO WRX ppl on the forums used to rave Shiv is god until a few guys blew their motors running his aggressive software. Then all Shivs posts got deleted by the forum moderators. Hey Shiv likes to be super fast and furious. His software is as powerful as you are going to get. So I guess if 2/10 ppl's turbo fail then sucks for those 2 guys huh? Since other 8 are still happy boosting 15 psi around smoking all the other 335is. So whats the company model? Make sure we have a slightly higher percentage of faster cars running on the street vs blow turbo/motor shot piston rods? The rest who blow their stuff is because of negligence and take it back to the dealer. Yeah right bro.
See...this is why you shouldn't have said anything in the first place. You are just spouting off crap that you know absolutely nothing about. And XEDE isn't necessarily "as powerful as you can get", at least not for Subarus.
      06-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #65
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Who are these 2 people with blown motors? Oh wait.. that's right. The thread got deleted
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #66
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

shiv
What did I say that was crazy? That the guy at the shop said he went limp mode a few times this past week? Or that you were an editor, maybe it was writer or something. Thats hearsay, blabla. So you didn't write any articles in the past for any magazines? I mean you write good, you got good marketing so I believed it. Could be BS, never know right?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread