E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 08 335xi rear end sways

04-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
Nikh713
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

08 335xi rear end sways

hey guys,

I have a 08 335xi that im having problems with the rear end swaying and wearing threw tires pretty fast.. Its very sketchy feeling on the highway when changing lanes it really wants to whip side to side.. and when moderately braking doing 55+ it wants to randomly pull side to side but its strange because it feels like the sway is coming from the rear.
Doing some searching I have seen a lot of people complaining about some of the same symptoms but with the 335i's.

My thoughts so far are that the subframe bushings are shot.. or the rear shocks are shot.. but i have no bounce when going over bumps so im leaning more towards subframe bushings. any thoughts?

2008 335xi auto cold weather package 69k miles
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
I have owned a 2008 335Xi and I now own a 2009 335i Xdrive and all I can say is the best modifications I have done to the cars is to upgrade the rear sway and subframe bushings to the M3 ones and get a spring, shock combo or coilovers. Rear subframe bushings are a MUST. The feelings you described are completely gone in my car. 100% stable and no body roll whatsoever. Not cheap for parts and the labor for the bushings and sway is expensive but totally worth every penny. It transforms the car and makes it the way it should have always been.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikh713 View Post
hey guys,

I have a 08 335xi that im having problems with the rear end swaying and wearing threw tires pretty fast.. Its very sketchy feeling on the highway when changing lanes it really wants to whip side to side.. and when moderately braking doing 55+ it wants to randomly pull side to side but its strange because it feels like the sway is coming from the rear.
Doing some searching I have seen a lot of people complaining about some of the same symptoms but with the 335i's.

My thoughts so far are that the subframe bushings are shot.. or the rear shocks are shot.. but i have no bounce when going over bumps so im leaning more towards subframe bushings. any thoughts?

2008 335xi auto cold weather package 69k miles
Good luck
Appreciate 0