E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede DIC 2/7 , catless Dp's..SES

02-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
youngbuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ZCP

Procede DIC 2/7 , catless Dp's..SES

My procede is installed and I'm running catless dp's, since the procede is supposed to have a dp fix hardwired why am I getting a SES light with canclear off?

I was running the 2/7 DIC maps and wanted to see if any CEL's came up, all that did was the two cat codes and another about running lean with no cats? I had not yet updated the harness to remove the DP fix so does anyone have ideas on why I'm getting the codes?

Thanks a bunch!
      02-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
topspin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

DP fix is by one of two methods. You either need to turn canclear on or adjust the O2 modifier value in to a lower percentage. 100% does nothing you may want to try 60%.

If you have an old software version Shiv has stated that canclear may not work properly in preventing SES light. But with most software versions the code (cat efficiency) will be cleard automatically before triggering an SES light if canclear is enabled.

The preferred way is to turn canclear on.

I have not heard of the hardwired DP fix that you mentioned. Perhaps there has been a change with new Procedes but this is how mine works.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

You're probably referring to the harness update that frees up analog channels for sampling.....has nothing to do with DP SES light.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
My procede is installed and I'm running catless dp's, since the procede is supposed to have a dp fix hardwired why am I getting a SES light with canclear off?

I was running the 2/7 DIC maps and wanted to see if any CEL's came up, all that did was the two cat codes and another about running lean with no cats? I had not yet updated the harness to remove the DP fix so does anyone have ideas on why I'm getting the codes?

Thanks a bunch!

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
youngbuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ZCP

Yes, thats what I left out...I need to adjust the %. Thank you for reminding me..appreciate the feedback guys. Have a nice night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspin View Post
DP fix is by one of two methods. You either need to turn canclear on or adjust the O2 modifier value in to a lower percentage. 100% does nothing you may want to try 60%.

If you have an old software version Shiv has stated that canclear may not work properly in preventing SES light. But with most software versions the code (cat efficiency) will be cleard automatically before triggering an SES light if canclear is enabled.

The preferred way is to turn canclear on.

I have not heard of the hardwired DP fix that you mentioned. Perhaps there has been a change with new Procedes but this is how mine works.