E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Best Touchless Carwash in Nyc/li

View Poll Results: Which Touchless Car wash service is the best?
5 corners 2080 Hillside ave in New Hyde Park 8 26.67%
Crystal Car wash 2440 Stillwell ave Brooklyn 8 26.67%
Car wash on flatlands & Utica Brooklyn 3 10.00%
Car wash on 150 -32 12th road Queens 7 23.33%
Zero2sixty on Flatlands & east 87th street 4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

02-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #23
Pink
Hello
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 JB/Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman View Post
you make a very good point, but im sure all the posters understood that the OP meant a hand car wash.

And while on the topic of touch free washes are there any around here? While i was in Buffalo they had them all over the place. I have yet to see one in Queens. Id like a place i can go to just hose down the car for a few bucks. Having my car covered in salt really bothers me but i cant justify a wash when i know it is going to snow/rain the next day.
I just went to 5 corners. I really liked the experience. It was fast, inexpensive and they do a great job. Choice #4 is great too, but I was cold while waiting and it might take a while. People actually drop their car off and leave. At 5 corners if you pre-pay for washes you get a free wash or you can pay as you go and get 10 washes the 11th wash is free.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #24
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

this is for touchless wash? how much?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #25
BMW335TT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
Well it doesn't seem like NYC3r understood...I can't imagine how you could think the 6dollar machine wash is better than a handwash

yes your right.. handwash is the best. and air dryed with a leave blower. No towels. Only micro fiber towels to get it completely dry. Touchless isnt that good beacuse all that high pressure water blasters strip any wax or glaze you have on your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #26
Acuracy
SAYPL335
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335 FBO - 16 F80 M3

Just went to 5 corners yesterday and i think they do a pretty good job. When ur car pulls out then there is a few guyz to get it dry, then 1 guy takes over and does all the jams, the inside glass, he sprays and cleans the outside glass again, wipes down the dash with a dry cloth just to get anything off, wipes down the seats just incase there is any water or overspray from the glass cleaner, and he makes sure the car is completely dry. Not a bad job, i think im gonna go there in the winter since its close to my house.

Travis

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #27
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Who went to Big "A" Auto Detailing today?

Went to BIg A today with my E92 to give her a little Spa Treatment after all of this rain and mild snow in NYC.

When I walked in I saw he was cleaning a beautiful E90 335i Montego Blue with Sports Package and black leather.

The owner of the car was not there as he dropped off the car. Andrew (Big "a") said that the guy heard about him through this forum and thanked me for the referal.

To the owner of the Montego E90 335i...Just wanted to say congrats on a beautiful ride and I hope you were happy with the job they did.

If anyone else on this forum goes there please tell him that Lou with the 335i Coupe referred you.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #28
roller84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & E60 550i

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Went to BIg A today with my E92 to give her a little Spa Treatment after all of this rain and mild snow in NYC.

When I walked in I saw he was cleaning a beautiful E90 335i Montego Blue with Sports Package and black leather.

The owner of the car was not there as he dropped off the car. Andrew (Big "a") said that the guy heard about him through this forum and thanked me for the referal.

To the owner of the Montego E90 335i...Just wanted to say congrats on a beautiful ride and I hope you were happy with the job they did.

If anyone else on this forum goes there please tell him that Lou with the 335i Coupe referred you.
That was me. Thanks for the recommendation. They did a great job.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #29
Pink
Hello
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Where is Big A ?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #30
Pink
Hello
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc3r View Post
this is for touchless wash? how much?
20 dollars or less.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #31
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink View Post
Where is Big A ?
I recently started going to a new guy in Whitestone.
Big "A" Auto Detailing
718-445-9995
These guy are a small detail shop. They share the garage with "Dent Doctor" on the whitestone expressway service road just off 14th ave.

When they wash or wax your car it is done with love.
I highly reco them same prices as park place
$20 Hand Wash
$40 Wash and Wax

The only problem is for the most part they work by appointment only.

They do one car at a time..but believe me fellas it is well worth
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #32
akwhite330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 Jet Black 335i - AWW YEA!

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
do they use 100% cotton towels or microfiber?

I'm thinking of using Big 'A', but since I have jet black, I'm really concerned about swirl marks. Thanks.

awwww yea!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 12:24 AM   #33
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwhite330i View Post
do they use 100% cotton towels or microfiber?

I'm thinking of using Big 'A', but since I have jet black, I'm really concerned about swirl marks. Thanks.
towels?? chamois ..they are a small detail shop...you are not gonna see this guy rub a cotton towel on your paint...

Trust me you will not be disappointed...call and make an appointment first.
tell him Lou sent you
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #34
akwhite330i
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
towels?? chamois ..they are a small detail shop...you are not gonna see this guy rub a cotton towel on your paint...

Trust me you will not be disappointed...call and make an appointment first.
tell him Lou sent you
actually 100% made in the USA cotton towels are better for your paint than most chamois that often have blends of polyester or nylon (induces fine scratches in the clear coat).

yes , i spend too much time detailing my car, which is why i asked

I'll give them a try though, thanks. Do you know how long the process takes for just a wash?

awwww yea!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #35
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
actually 100% made in the USA cotton towels are better for your paint than most chamois that often have blends of polyester or nylon (induces fine scratches in the clear coat).

yes , i spend too much time detailing my car, which is why i asked

I'll give them a try though, thanks. Do you know how long the process takes for just a wash?
When you said towels I was thinking the typical car wash towels that leave swirls and cotton fuzzies all over the car....

First they wash, then spray wax, squeegie, chamois (I think they use "the absorber"), air compressor to blast out all of the water from the mirrors, lights etc. Then they clean all the jams...For 20 they do a very thorough job.

Average car wash takes about 45 minutes. Wash and wax figure add a half hour or so. They will also put rainex on the wind shield if you request and leather conditioner on seats.

I think this saturday they might be closed not sure..I know he mentioned he had to go to some guys house to detail his SL65, Austin Martin, Porsche and 1 other..So he was going to be out of the shop for most of the day.

Big "A" Auto Detailing. 718-445-9995 andrew

Don't forget to tell him I referred you

-Lou

Maybe if I give him enoough regular referrals I'll get a free detail by summer. Or at least a free wash and wax.

Let me know how it works out for you
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #36
akwhite330i
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
worked out well.. Sat his other plan fell through, so I checked it out.

It was a bit of a trip for me (prob close to an hour), and the weather wasn't all that great... still a lot of slush on the road. anyway, the car looked great coming out and the two people there were really cooperative.

thanks for the recommendation!

I just wish there was something close to manhattan...

awwww yea!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #37
roller84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
When you said towels I was thinking the typical car wash towels that leave swirls and cotton fuzzies all over the car....

First they wash, then spray wax, squeegie, chamois (I think they use "the absorber"), air compressor to blast out all of the water from the mirrors, lights etc. Then they clean all the jams...For 20 they do a very thorough job.

Average car wash takes about 45 minutes. Wash and wax figure add a half hour or so. They will also put rainex on the wind shield if you request and leather conditioner on seats.

I think this saturday they might be closed not sure..I know he mentioned he had to go to some guys house to detail his SL65, Austin Martin, Porsche and 1 other..So he was going to be out of the shop for most of the day.

Big "A" Auto Detailing. 718-445-9995 andrew

Don't forget to tell him I referred you

-Lou

Maybe if I give him enoough regular referrals I'll get a free detail by summer. Or at least a free wash and wax.

Let me know how it works out for you
Do you know if he is open on Sunday's?
Pure S2 Turbos | Vargas Outlets | RB Inlets | OEM SS Kit & Performance Steering Wheel| LCI Rear Conversion | Euro Xenons | RD Sport Quad Exhaust | Spearco Intercooler | Cobb V3 | MORR VS7 | KW V3 | H&R Sways | Mtech Bodykit | Vorsteiner CF Hood, CSL Trunk & Front Lip | Quaife LSD | Rotora BBK | GruppeM Intake | Forge UK DV | AR Design Catted DP's
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 01:32 AM   #38
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

Quote:

I just wish there was something close to manhattan...
There is a place in astoria, right off the 59st Bridge.

Take the bridge and bear to the left to go on Northen Blvd East.

A few lights up (2?) you bear left onto 31st street, basiclly staying under the L. Its a few avenues up, its on 31st street and the have a sign outside, you cant miss them.

I have been taking my car there for a while, they do a good job, never really had to wait long, in and out, no appointments needed.

They charge $25 for a wash, but they do a great job vacuming and cleaning windows and dash.
      02-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #39
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

I woke up this morning, to go test out the 0-60 place on Flatbush and 87th. If you care about your car DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE!!!!!!
They have the worst kind of Professionalism there and the damn car wash sucks!! they don't show any special attention to your car and they put your car on a damn pulley!! :mad: even though I was so damn disappointed with the wash I tried to tip the guy who was cleaning my car and I went to the cashier to ask for some change, he gave me a damn attitude and said go to the store!! can you even believe that? I don't understand these people, worst service I ever got. My car looked like shit! the damn rims weren't even cleaned, still had break dust all over my rims. I've never been so mad at getting my car washed, total ineptitude over there, I couldn't believe they had a line outside the fucking place!! Sorry I'm cursing all over the place, just so ticked off.

I left there angry as hell and sped to Park Place to get a regular wash, I lie to you not my car looks like I just got it back from the dealer for the very 1st time. If this is not the best car wash in New York, it belongs in the top 2. The only problem with Park Place is the wait (almost 2 hours for just a wash), it's better to just drop it off but if you want to watch, you'll see how much attention they pay to your car. I spent almost 4 hours trying to get my car clean today. I have to agree with the person who says their wax is crappy, hence why I'm still looking for a good place to get my car waxed and try to remove some swirl marks.

I also scheduled an appointment with Big A, trick50. I'll take your word on then and try it out, because when I saw your car the last time is looked the business.

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #40
roller84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1 View Post
I woke up this morning, to go test out the 0-60 place on Flatbush and 87th. If you care about your car DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE!!!!!!
They have the worst kind of Professionalism there and the damn car wash sucks!! they don't show any special attention to your car and they put your car on a damn pulley!! :mad: even though I was so damn disappointed with the wash I tried to tip the guy who was cleaning my car and I went to the cashier to ask for some change, he gave me a damn attitude and said go to the store!! can you even believe that? I don't understand these people, worst service I ever got. My car looked like shit! the damn rims weren't even cleaned, still had break dust all over my rims. I've never been so mad at getting my car washed, total ineptitude over there, I couldn't believe they had a line outside the fucking place!! Sorry I'm cursing all over the place, just so ticked off.

I left there angry as hell and sped to Park Place to get a regular wash, I lie to you not my car looks like I just got it back from the dealer for the very 1st time. If this is not the best car wash in New York, it belongs in the top 2. The only problem with Park Place is the wait (almost 2 hours for just a wash), it's better to just drop it off but if you want to watch, you'll see how much attention they pay to your car. I spent almost 4 hours trying to get my car clean today. I have to agree with the person who says their wax is crappy, hence why I'm still looking for a good place to get my car waxed and try to remove some swirl marks.

I also scheduled an appointment with Big A, trick50. I'll take your word on then and try it out, because when I saw your car the last time is looked the business.
So you scheduled for a wash/wax on March 10th, huh?
Pure S2 Turbos | Vargas Outlets | RB Inlets | OEM SS Kit & Performance Steering Wheel| LCI Rear Conversion | Euro Xenons | RD Sport Quad Exhaust | Spearco Intercooler | Cobb V3 | MORR VS7 | KW V3 | H&R Sways | Mtech Bodykit | Vorsteiner CF Hood, CSL Trunk & Front Lip | Quaife LSD | Rotora BBK | GruppeM Intake | Forge UK DV | AR Design Catted DP's
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #41
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep

yea how did u know?

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #42
roller84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1 View Post
yea how did u know?
I just know

Funny enough, I was getting my car washed there when you had called to schedule.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #43
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller84 View Post
I just know

Funny enough, I was getting my car washed there when you had called to schedule.
lol, i figured

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #44
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep

Simple1 let me know how it works out over at BIG A...I am sure you will be pleased...If you remember I was the one who told you about Park Place at one of the queens meets...I switched from park place to BIG A around x-mas time...no regrets...As soon as I get my baby out of the body shop I am taking her over to BIG A for a fresh coat of wax.

BIG A washes my car every saturday morning..I never ever go to a machine wash. The wax they use there is way better than park place (I think he just started using Zymol). Only problem is because they are a small shop you must make an appointment.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0