E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > joe perillo bmw stay away

05-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #23
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
If you go to Knauz (to buy/lease)....ask for Hans -> tell him you know Al from the Sherri Ridge Radio Show (particularly if you end up doing ED on a new....it him or the guy from Motorwerks that really know their shit there). I doubt it will get you anything than a smile but you never know.

I'm telling ya, try Concours in Mil...its only an 45 mins further north than Knauz. Pat Packard was my guy....they had a HUGE selection of used cars when I was looking. I'm sure if you tell Tommy g what you are looking for, he can help you out.
      05-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #24
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Was that for me Al or Richard's friend?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
Was that for me Al or Richard's friend?
It was directed to you really, but its info for anyone to use really.

Regarding Hans, its not like we're buds. He was on my radio show once talking about the buying/financing process and I say hi to him and chat a bit when I go there.
      05-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFV335i View Post
It was directed to you really, but its info for anyone to use really.

Regarding Hans, its not like we're buds. He was on my radio show once talking about the buying/financing process and I say hi to him and chat a bit when I go there.
Oh, I'm working with a guy from Cincy who does a lot in the Exec Demo auctions already. Thanks though.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
floot_roops
181st Imperial Pilot
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunasBMW View Post
kens a dick, when first buying i contacted him via internet b/c i was overseas and he said he had the car for me. when i show to pick up, it's not even the car i wanted, 4 door as oppose to two door and a 328 as oppose to a 335 so i tell him to show me what he has in a e92 335. he keeps asking me to tell him what i want and then dudes like lets go get your car which i was going to trade in, and told me to leave. anyways, i did leeave and got a good deal at elmhurt. ken's the biggest douche.
I agree completely. I tried to stop by and look cars with him last year. He's the type of associate who thinks he's a class above you because of the product he sells. He was extremely condescending regarding my tastes and preferences. I was a little taken aback that he would openly criticize things like my choice of interior color and such. I felt very uncomfortable with him and would never want to deal with someone like him, regardless of whether I was spending 50k or 50 bucks.

I was lucky enough that my parents live in NW Indiana and I could pull from that area as well, so I ended up buying at Basney in South Bend. Very pleasant, genuine CA. I felt like he could be selling BMW's or Hyundai's and his open, friendly attitude would have been the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #28
TunasBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: e92xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by floot_roops View Post
I agree completely. I tried to stop by and look cars with him last year. He's the type of associate who thinks he's a class above you because of the product he sells. He was extremely condescending regarding my tastes and preferences. I was a little taken aback that he would openly criticize things like my choice of interior color and such. I felt very uncomfortable with him and would never want to deal with someone like him, regardless of whether I was spending 50k or 50 bucks.

I was lucky enough that my parents live in NW Indiana and I could pull from that area as well, so I ended up buying at Basney in South Bend. Very pleasant, genuine CA. I felt like he could be selling BMW's or Hyundai's and his open, friendly attitude would have been the same.
Basney in SB? I'm originally from SB but never thought of buying from them b/c of experiences I've heard from others which was pretty much that they didn't budge on price. Hope you got a good deal.
Appreciate 0