E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Got DINAN Software Yesterday

02-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #23
foxman
Driver
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler9595 View Post
Sorry - my typing got ahead of my brain.

I am aware of only Dryer & Reinbold in Indy. I'm 99% sure they are a Dinan dealer. Dealership is about 200 yards down the street from my office. I need to get off my butt and go down there and talk to my sales associate.
I was at Dreyer & Reinbold south yesterday to test drive the 335i. They game me all the Dinan literature and information on the reflash and said they could do the work.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #24
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
This "throatier" sound that quite a few of the Dinan adopters have mentioned intrigues me. How does/can the Dinan flash change the exhaust note?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
By reflashing the car, you are adding more boost, changing A/F ratios, etc...by doing this, you are forcing a different amount of air* to flow through the exhaust at a different rate, which causes a change in sound.

*Air = gases and other fumes your engine puts out (I was just generalizing)
That and to get that extra boost the wastegate duty cycle changes which also effects exhaust sound since more of exhaust is going through the turbine and not around it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #25
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

If I could afford the Dinan flash I would get it. SSTT is my cheap solution.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #26
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If I could afford the Dinan tune, I would have bought a M3!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #27
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
If I could afford the Dinan tune, I would have bought a M3!!
Thats a good one. I can't wait to see how beefy Dinan can make the M3, 550HP? They got the m5 to 683!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #28
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
That and to get that extra boost the wastegate duty cycle changes which also effects exhaust sound since more of exhaust is going through the turbine and not around it.
Makes sense to me. But why don't the other tunes do this? I didn't notice any difference to the exhaust note when I put the SSTT in.

Sparky, I've been tossing around the idea of the Dinan exhaust too but the above makes me think it's not worth it - because I wanted the throatier sound. I was thinking the promised IC would be a better investment. Then again, we don't seem to lack cold air in these parts.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #29
tweak84
i shake a lot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M 17 X5M

damn it, i really want to do this but i cant decide between all the different options...does anyone know if there is a dinan dealer around milwaukee wi? or even in wi? im leaning towards that because of the warranty and cause my car is leased but i cant decide...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #30
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Makes sense to me. But why don't the other tunes do this? I didn't notice any difference to the exhaust note when I put the SSTT in.
They do. I just don't think most people notice. I can tell difference in exhaust sound in my car from stock to V1.47 to V2.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #31
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy335e92 View Post
Its put such a SMILE on your face when that car is pulling second to third...
I'm glad you have a renewed love for your car. Keep us posted of your pros & cons of this tune.

I've never driven in a modified 335i, but I can imagine the smiles I'd have if it had +79hp and +96ft-lbs more BMW!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #32
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
..... Have yet to have to take the BMW in for any service in the 10 month I have had the car.

slightly OT, but his car is probably asking:
no dealer visit in the first 10 months ? ...then i hope u personally changed my oil ....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #33
cmurphy335e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Rooster let me know. Id love to get together and see what we got! anyone else? I live in Manalapan, NJ
2008 Lexus IS-F
Starfire Pearl
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #34
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Question Dude did you REALLY feel a difference with Dinan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy335e92 View Post
Rooster let me know. Id love to get together and see what we got! anyone else? I live in Manalapan, NJ
I am just wondering. Damn drove 1.5 hrs with Dinan this morning. Other than throatier exhaust is there really a difference? I don't know. Butt dyno felt Zipo! Its a new install though, and even though I have heard tales of out of this world transformation, I honestry am underwhelmed. Not drawing any conclusions, just reporting what I felt. How much more can a car adapt anyway. 1.5hrs should be enough right?
      02-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #35
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
I am just wondering. Damn drove 1.5 hrs with Dinan this morning. Other than throatier exhaust is there really a difference? I don't know. Butt dyno felt Zipo! Its a new install though, and even though I have heard tales of out of this world transformation, I honestry am underwhelmed. Not drawing any conclusions, just reporting what I felt. How much more can a car adapt anyway. 1.5hrs should be enough right?
Your the first person to react this way so maybe yours is an isolated incident. Take it back to the dealer? If I paid $2k plus for a tune and didn't feel a difference, I'd demand my money back.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #36
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Interesting!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #37
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Its 61F out and drizzling a bit. Maybe drier road might help?

I don't know maybe its just me. Car pulled even before. I have to call a budy to go check this out cause maybe I am imagining things. I want to pull vs a stock buddy near where I am, see if there is a difference really. I do hear the exhaust more, but power? Jury still out on that.
      02-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #38
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't know maybe its just me. Car pulled even before. I have to call a budy to go check this out cause maybe I am imagining things. I want to pull vs a stock buddy near where I am, see if there is a difference really. I do hear the exhaust more, but power? Jury still out on that.
From what I understand, the Dinan tune yields more HP & TQ than the PROcede. That seems to get lost on these forums. I do no know why you wouldn't be able to feel the difference in horsepower.

Are you certain or is there a way to verify if the ECU reflash took?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #39
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:

Sparky, I've been tossing around the idea of the Dinan exhaust too but the above makes me think it's not worth it - because I wanted the throatier sound. I was thinking the promised IC would be a better investment. Then again, we don't seem to lack cold air in these parts.
The problem with exhaust is it takes time to break in so if it is a new install or low km you really can't compare it yet.

The intercooler will be a great upgrade but will be quite a bit of $$$.

We do have plenty of cold but our summers are also dam hot, yours even hotter than mine so it is a good idea.

Exhaust is always a poor reward for the $$, and the sound that one person describes as throaty might be just noisy for another.

I got the Dinan since it is a safer more conservative bet.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #40
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
From what I understand, the Dinan tune yields more HP & TQ than the PROcede. That seems to get lost on these forums. I do no know why you wouldn't be able to feel the difference in horsepower.

Are you certain or is there a way to verify if the ECU reflash took?
Dinan = Procede v1.47.

V2 supposedly shows more gains.

But not being able to feel the gains is crazy. I'd be back at that dealer in a heartbeat, demanding my money back.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #41
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
That's crazy man. Sorry to hear about that.

Not only was I able to notice a dramatic difference in power, but it was VERY easy to spot the differences in shift points, smoothness of power delivery, etc right when I pulled out of the parking lot at the dealer.

I was even able to easily note this differences after an entire week without driving a stock 335i.

Have you stepped on the gas yet? Or are you just cruising around? The Dinan flash is not a tune where you just tap the gas initially and get thrown back.

Whenever I get on the gas now, my traction control lights up like a Christmas tree. Especially in DS with the Steptronic transmission.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #42
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientblue3 View Post
Dinan = Procede v1.47.

V2 supposedly shows more gains.
Can you point me to a link or literature that supports your claim? My data was directly from VishnuTuning's website. Do you have additional data?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #43
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ok people, going back to the shop to get checked out. Update later.

Wow the forum is quick!!!

Was waffling alot between the Attache' and Dinan. My car had stalling issues, and some very serious electrical and computer related issues for 5 months that various dealers gave up on and were unable to fix. The car was nearly replaced, but BMWNA decided to replace all electrical components, CCC, I-Drive, Most bus, Ammplifier, Blue tooth, 6FL, everything all replaced, and the un resolvable issues finally stopped. Tischer offered to help replace the car anyway, but since it now works perfect and I only have 5K on it, and $$$ poured into mods already, I declined. Didn't want to loose my spent $$$ then take a chance on a new 335. Tischer awesome dealer. Open Road (Edison NJ) did the electrical work. after 3 weeks and a really big job even removing trim, you can't even tell, its like factory new. No fitment issues or anything visible misaligned. Excellent job. Anyway after all this I just chickened out about fudging with things and installing un-approved things in there just in case things happen again I might be in a really bad pickle. I really wanted Attache, but to be on safe side I wanted the warranty. I've seen what can happen to these cars when thing really go wrong.

Dinan this morning at Motor West (Wycoff, NJ) It maybe my car. Great guys too, had chat with owner and some of the techs. I will post an update after I get a chance to go out and test again for a longer period. I want to go back to the shop. Maybe something didn't go as expected. it took only 30 minutes, so who knows?
      02-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #44
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Wow the forum is quick!!!

Was waffling alot between the Attache' and Dinan. My car had stalling issues, and some very serious electrical and computer related issues for 5 months that various dealers gave up on and were unable to fix. The car was nearly replaced, but BMWNA decided to replace all electrical components, CCC, I-Drive, Most bus, Ammplifier, Blue tooth, 6FL, everything all replaced, and the un resolvable issues finally stopped. Tischer offered to help replace the car anyway, but since it now works perfect and I only have 5K on it, and $$$ poured into mods already, I declined. Didn't want to loose my spent $$$ then take a chance on a new 335. Tischer awesome dealer. Open Road (Edison NJ) did the electrical work. after 3 weeks and a really big job even removing trim, you can't even tell, its like factory new. No fitment issues or anything visible misaligned. Excellent job. Anyway after all this I just chickened out about fudging with things and installing un-approved things in there just in case things happen again I might be in a really bad pickle. I really wanted Attache, but to be on safe side I wanted the warranty. I've seen what can happen to these cars when thing really go wrong.

Dinan this morning at Motor West (Wycoff, NJ) It maybe my car. Great guys too, had chat with owner and some of the techs. I will post an update after I get a chance to go out and test again for a longer period. I want to go back to the shop. Maybe something didn't go as expected. it took only 30 minutes, so who knows?
Well, it looks like you've had a number of issues prior to the flash. You should not have to hunt for the improved power and responsiveness. Maybe an incomplete/failed flash? Good luck.