E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > egr delete what egr?

01-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

egr delete what egr?

I want to delete the egr on my 2006 e91 330d and have read quite few posts on the subject, all the egr delete kits seem to be for the e46 320d although there are some ebay for the 330d e9x/9x has anyone experience doing this mod to the e90 also any advice as to what type of egr kit to buy?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d sport auto

People who have been on the forum have probably seen this question lots. I have done some work on this area. The maf checks actual flow against expected. If the egr doesnt open the maf will be higher. How much error is allowed I am not sure but as soon as you change much egr flow you will get an EML. I have tried all ways and there is no way you wont get an error. Its not position sensitive etc its the maf flow check that fails. There have been members who have fitted these bypass kits to e90s and have not had an EML. Its a mystery to me why not, unless they have a faulty maf, air leak or someone programmed the expected maf flow with weird numbers. There is no kit available to solve this problem. You could fit a filter to the egr or re program the ecu. Let us know how you get on.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade146 View Post
People who have been on the forum have probably seen this question lots. I have done some work on this area. The maf checks actual flow against expected. If the egr doesnt open the maf will be higher. How much error is allowed I am not sure but as soon as you change much egr flow you will get an EML. I have tried all ways and there is no way you wont get an error. Its not position sensitive etc its the maf flow check that fails. There have been members who have fitted these bypass kits to e90s and have not had an EML. Its a mystery to me why not, unless they have a faulty maf, air leak or someone programmed the expected maf flow with weird numbers. There is no kit available to solve this problem. You could fit a filter to the egr or re program the ecu. Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for the reply, I have done the dpf delete with a remap with the egr delete included, will I still get a EML light if I installed a bypass kit? its a bit confusing as sellers of the egr kits say it will fit the e90/91 330d, the question is can I use a blanking plate with small bleed hole or fit a kit, or are there any other alternatives!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

Ive fitted an EGR delete, fitted for 16000 mile plus now.
Never had an EML, fault code or anything.

I've also checked the MAF operation, replaced all the vacuum hoses, smoked tested the car too, and NO air leaks.
The cars running the latest firmware, recently updated by Astle BMW, thats every module on the car. (independently confirmed)

My car run's a DTUK CRD-T tuning box, returning 340bhp 510lbs ft, so the ECU hasn't been adjusted in anyway from factory !

If you take a picture of your EGR (remove engine cover) and post it here i'll confirm which kit you need.

It should be this :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1308103505...84.m1423.l2649

but like i say, post a picture and i'll confirm.

I cannot confirm or deny if it will bring your EML on, but i've fitted three of these to the 35d engine, two on the 30d engine and a couple of 25d's now, none have produced an EML, but maybe i've just got lucky

Hope this helps

Tom
      01-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I had firmware updated last summer. I think it may have been notnormals post some months ago that I read. If you put my car on DIS it has no problem untill it requests egr. As soon as it does you can see the two tables diverge and then EML. I have no theory as to why others can get away with it. It is supposed to give a warning to be Euro4.

If you disconnect your existing egr you will soon tell if its going to give an EML.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

If you disconnect your existing egr you will soon tell if its going to give an EML.[/QUOTE]

Thank's, I have read more about this, I've also been in touch with Stan at Ecotune to confirm its been written out of the re-map I have installed once confirmed I will be looking at a kit!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ah ha well if its been mapped out you are good to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #8
road warrior
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

i have a 55 plate 320d and wonder if the blanking plates i see on ebay will work - im talking about the ones that fit onto the engine block and between the cooler thing, im fed up replacing the unit due to the flexy pipe always giving in and gassing me, i had a chip tune last year and the egr was switched off, all is fine there, as previously mentioned they dont mention the e90 - is it because they dont fit or work / or is it because the eml comes on ?
Appreciate 0