E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Need help finding the right SMOG Station in San Jose Area

08-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
KungPaoChickenZ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540i

Garage List
Need help finding the right SMOG Station in San Jose Area

Hi all as the title says, My car is a 07 e92 335i(Procede,DCI,7' Intercooler,BMW PE) thats due for a smog this year, and I just did the whole process this morning, and after everything was done, I saw him putting pass on all the categories, and started sending to State DMV computer..... and while it was doing that, he open my hood and check my engine.... and as soon as he saw the DCI(the two red cone), he bolted to the computer and pull the plug thus turning off the computer, but then the sending part was already done, and I saw that I passed...... but he said:" I cant pass you cause you have illegal parts in your car....." and I'm like.....: "but it already passed right, you know that...." and he said: it's okay, I dont charge you, please go..." so I was kind of upset and went to DMV website and checked status of my registration, when I entered my information, It showed that I have passed the smog and gives me the next step to pay for it, but as for two days ago when i check it, it was saying that I need to have the smog done in order to pay and get my sticker, so what do I do now??? Did I just got a free pass smog??? and If I pay for it and got the sticker later, can they notify DMV to revoke my smog?? and if not then anyone in bay area know where can I find a smog station thats easy on the DCI..... please help~~
      08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalulu View Post
Hi all as the title says, My car is a 07 e92 335i(Procede,DCI,7' Intercooler,BMW PE) thats due for a smog this year, and I just did the whole process this morning, and after everything was done, I saw him putting pass on all the categories, and started sending to State DMV computer..... and while it was doing that, he open my hood and check my engine.... and as soon as he saw the DCI(the two red cone), he bolted to the computer and pull the plug thus turning off the computer, but then the sending part was already done, and I saw that I passed...... but he said:" I cant pass you cause you have illegal parts in your car....." and I'm like.....: "but it already passed right, you know that...." and he said: it's okay, I dont charge you, please go..." so I was kind of upset and went to DMV website and checked status of my registration, when I entered my information, It showed that I have passed the smog and gives me the next step to pay for it, but as for two days ago when i check it, it was saying that I need to have the smog done in order to pay and get my sticker, so what do I do now??? Did I just got a free pass smog??? and If I pay for it and got the sticker later, can they notify DMV to revoke my smog?? and if not then anyone in bay area know where can I find a smog station thats easy on the DCI..... please help~~
just pay and get your stickers, if they ask for smog again, then tell them, you already passed but you dont know where the paper went. If dmv requests another smog then you can start finding places/go to a place if you found one.
      08-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Worse comes to worse the DCI uninstalls in like 15 seconds. Do you have your stock intake? if you dont I have mine you can use, and Im in SJ.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
yarviinn
Captain
Rep
Drives: E9TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoChris View Post
Worse comes to worse the DCI uninstalls in like 15 seconds. Do you have your stock intake? if you dont I have mine you can use, and Im in SJ.
This.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
KungPaoChickenZ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540i

Garage List
OMG! Appreciated all the advice and help, what would I do without you guys, thanks~~~