E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Mortgage advisors, worth it??

12-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Mortgage advisors, worth it??

Hi,

Our fixed term is up again in Jan, and i'm wondering if it's worth bothering with a mortgage advisor to switch providers??

We've always just renewed with our current provider at a new fixed rate, and tbh we've always been very satisfied with them. I've compared them against the others online obviously (they've always been cheapest.)

Do mortgage advisors get that much better rates to make the trip, and the sales pitch (Ugggghhhh!!) worthwhile?
      12-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
It's not all about rates don't forget, it's also having someone doing all the shite for you, sorting out queries, and highlighting certain 'events' that you should be aware off that could affect you.

Mortgage advisers don't normally get better rates, but usually can match others out there (as long as they're independent), so if you're simply striving for the cheapest mortgage and are happy with the hassle then just shop online.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
It's not all about rates don't forget, it's also having someone doing all the shite for you, sorting out queries, and highlighting certain 'events' that you should be aware off that could affect you.

Mortgage advisers don't normally get better rates, but usually can match others out there (as long as they're independent), so if you're simply striving for the cheapest mortgage and are happy with the hassle then just shop online.
I've never found it at all difficult tbh.

I'm just told by various friends "i got this rate through these" "It's a special rate because i went to see them etc, etc."

As i said we're very satisfied with the company we're with they are always the cheapest when you sit down and do the calcs, and i have no probs doing the calcs.

I guess i know the answer then, as i suspected.

Thanks Roger.