E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > $20 Paypal bounty

04-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #23
Gentch
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Followed
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #24
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

This thread is scary. I just did my belt because I read other threads like this.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:51 AM   #25
Taylor M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 - E92 6MT 335i

To update, have pretty much ran the car over top to bottom for wiring and vacuum. Swapped this and that, even checked MOSFETs, etc.. Tried to have a go at letting it idle for a bit to see if it would throw any more codes (sounds like death obviously) and came across 2A96 for crankshaft tooth failure.

Obviously all these codes are just small telltale signs for symptoms and do not tell you everything. I'm in no rush and just fiddling with the drama queen between work and whatnot. The seeming obvious next move at this point is for leakdown/compression testing. Acquiring a used motor is being planned on the side for when the time will most likely come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
This thread is scary. I just did my belt because I read other threads like this.
The more these instances pop up, the greater the awareness and as follows less bullshit happenings. My particular cause of belt shredding was the 07 subframe/ps pulley clearance issue. Keep an eye on it if you have an early model.
Appreciate 1