E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sirius backorder?

05-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
dondrake
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Sirius backorder?

So I received my new E90 last week and it did not have Sirius installed at the factory. I requested Sirius while it was on the boat, and thought it could be installed when it arrived at the dealer.

They said the 'part' was not at the dealer to connect the receiver to the car and they had to order it. A few days later when the 'part' comes in I get a loaner so they can install it. I had the loaner for 2 days and then they said that there is a new receiver that must be installed and that it's on national backorder. No ETA for the receiver.

What's the deal with this? I find this very hard to believe, anyone else hearing the same thing?
      09-09-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
fdiprete
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 512i xdrive

still on backorder 9/9/06

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...rius+backorder
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

I believe the Sirius backorder is due to the recent Sirius XM inc. merger. They are now making receivers that can get both Sirius & XM signals. The fact that you don’t have a Sirius ONLY receiver is a good thing so that way you can change your plan to the a la carte option that will be available soon.
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
I believe the Sirius backorder is due to the recent Sirius XM inc. merger. They are now making receivers that can get both Sirius & XM signals. The fact that you don’t have a Sirius ONLY receiver is a good thing so that way you can change your plan to the a la carte option that will be available soon.
Can you please point us to more information about this? I.e. any evidence that the BMW satellite radio option will allow Sirius & XM? I certainly wouldn't assume this is the case just because of the merger.

I, of course, would love for this to be true - i.e. that the LCI E90 would have both Sirius & XM capability, but I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate that this is the case...
Appreciate 0