E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > If you take the Forge DV tops off to lube them

07-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

If you take the Forge DV tops off to lube them

Do you have to change the O ring inside of their? I figured yes.. Not sure though. What size and where would I get it if so. Thanks a bunch. Dealer changed out a injector that went bad, but he says that it still keeps going to reduced. Tomm im getting the procede removed and getting that stupid pin on that phat orange wire in the ECU? Has anyone else broke it before?

They heat wrapped the procede wire to the orange wire that goes into that Green thing. What is that Green thing that orange wire goes into anyways?
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
fast_lap28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Montego

no, you don't replace the O-rings, you clean them and then lube them back with the same synthetic grease....use Mobile 1 synthetic grease.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_lap28 View Post
no, you don't replace the O-rings, you clean them and then lube them back with the same synthetic grease....use Mobile 1 synthetic grease.

Yeah, I use the Mobile one to lube the springs and metal on inside out. I forgot to do that on the o ring. Would a boost leak be possible if that o ring wasnt greased up?
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
fast_lap28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Montego

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2bling View Post
Yeah, I use the Mobile one to lube the springs and metal on inside out. I forgot to do that on the o ring. Would a boost leak be possible if that o ring wasnt greased up?
no, not really unless you sit the ring incorrectly after cleaning and lubing....you need to make sure that the ring is in the correct slot for it....be carefull though because my Forge DV's have 2 rings and if your are black like mine with all that lube you can easily miss it if not looking for it.

but you should not have a leak if you remove and install back correctly.
Appreciate 0